ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft profiles.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Hopefully a different camshaft question...

i know there are the usual 421's, 428's and 438's etc, along with some now using the 197 profiles, but is there anything out there a bit more lairy, namely for a high compression engine that's purely for track use?
im happy to consider solid lifters if required, along with a lairy camshaft profile if the rev limit can accommodate going higher to suit.

but what else is out there, what has been tried and tested and given proven good results?
or is it a case of sticking to what's mentioned above even with high compression?

cheers.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Kelv, catcams do a range of race cams that delete the vvt and have been proven to work well with high comp and high RPM. I think probably the most extreme set up is the catcam one RStuning and BigAsh are using.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Short and sweet Dan.
any more info on them, do they need anything else to run... ie solid lifters, decent valve cut outs etc

Haha. Yeh they need ITB's (as expected really) they need larger valve cut outs in the pistons so forged build (I can supply those pretty competitively priced too) power band from 5-8krpm/

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Haha. Yeh they need ITB's (as expected really) they need larger valve cut outs in the pistons so forged build (I can supply those pretty competitively priced too) power band from 5-8krpm/

No they don't need itbs. Pete's racecar runs 422s, high comp and stock ported inlet. 217bhp 170lb/ft

Certainly some interesting results, the only experience I have of cams in an rs2 is 438's, and it wasn't 'that' impressive. It certainly isn't the best of engines, but it was asking for 6% less fuel than mine was on the 197's.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Dan, would you say the springs are a necessity with the 422 cams?
standard lifters still acceptable or would these benefit from being upgraded aswell?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I tried to read through that yesterday but couldn't access some of the info.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Cheers Mark
I think I've got the pistons under control at the mo, high comp with suitable cut outs and H section rods to compliment aswell.
i feel I'm pretty much set on the 422's, it's just working out in my mind wether to delete the VVT and the costs involved to suit.