ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you imagine what a turbo 172 would be like

Since I got the bits, I got to thinking what a 172 would be like with a quality turbo kit on, lowered compression ratio and forged pistons...

Power.. estimates....

Standard 172 - say 165-170 bhp at 6500
torque.. about 150 foot / pounds at 5400

now.. lets look at a theoretical turbo conversion.

Power, up to, say.. 230-260 BHP... still at about 6500-7000
torque hmmmmm.. say about 225 foot pounds of torque at 2000 rpm !!! seriously. !.. and remaining relatively flat to drop off peak at about 5000.

Think about that...

Now.. the 172 gearbox and vvt....
close ratio is not enough for some on the 172.. it tends to need a 6 speed box to really play....
but.. what if the power band wasnt 5-7k ???.. that nice little time you feel it go on song ??

this time... it pulls like when on song but from 2000 rpm and keeps the kick in the back throughout the range..

So, who gives a damn about 6 speed lol.... ??.. any gear is good....
vvt.. wont notice it.. it will be masked....

power delivery and traction..

With electronic boost control it is possible to ramp the power delivery to a similar level as used in a NOS progressive..

So, what you end up with - or should is a small french projectile that you have a progressive nos delivery effect of a 100 BHP shot....

If you have ever driven a PROPERLY modded gt5t.. as many here have... you will know the SUPERB kick in the back delivery of power that never got boring or really tamable but this time in a modern hatch with full goodies.. a superbly designed and engineered chassis...Brakes to make most Porches fade to insignificance, and............ and.......

Need a cold one now LOL !!

Joe

sorry some one clicked the mouse

U seem very excited and I do not blame U.

Im more than interested having seen the earlier thread. BIG BUCKS im sure.

Hope you have my mobby still, or give us ur e-mail. I,ve reloaded XP since last time. Forgot to back up e-mail stuff. DUUHHH!!!

Speak soon

Yeah M8.. its me hormomes, ya know, that once a month curse that we guys ALL have to suffer.. the gals here dont know theyre born.. sheeeeeesh..

anyway, where wasI ??.. oh yes.. that time of the month that we have to suffer.. get crabby.. sulk.. cry..wanna go on holiday / get married / divorced / etc etc. ya know....

I have tried pills.. aromatheropy... read all the mags... accupuncture... colonic irrigation.. you name it..

but it still occurs...

its called.............

Pay day ...........

Ill be over it in a few days.... sob. sob....

Just having several cold ones after a looooooong day...

no way doood.. thats where (in my opinion) you are totally wrong.

wheel spin is simple.. it caused by a LOSS of TRACTION.. nothing more Sir..

the LOSS OF TRACTION is almost always an abrupt delivery of power... to a lesser degree a change of adhesive quality on the road surface...

So... providing the power deliver is SMOOTH... electronics are so kewl nowadays LOL.... and.. if necessary .. changing tyre design or widening the rim and tyre combination can be used to advantage, in fact.. used to the point where you are not suffering any real losses in drivabilty or adhesion..

Dont see it as a problem to lose sleep over really....

Joe

Audi S3

but couldent to much power and traction cause the driveshafts or something to go snap!
Sorry bout that its something i picked up from F1>

Matt

providing the persone driving is competent and doesnt have a lead foot, why should the wheels spin all day long!?

i think once its done, you should whack another unit in the boot!!

capt, again, all i can say is.......there is a very fine line between insanity and genius! i hope your on the right one!