ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can You Recommend An Alarm

I will be getting a sub and amp after xmas and wamt an alarm before hand.
Can any of you recommend on between £200-300?

Would need protection for my doors, boot etc.
Maybe a tilt sensor to protect my rims also but I know these can be a litte expensive but I wouldnt mind if there were any links where I could get one on 0% finance?

Thanks guys!

H22A7 Accord Type R

tbh iirc i dont know about cliffords finance deals, but IMO you best get an alarom on it, ABW, u will never NEED it, but, IGTHSFTYPAJ ;)

Twingo 133

Im getting a alarm soon and am probably going to go for a Meta M99T2 cat 2 - 1 upgrade alarm, which upgrades the standard imobiliser and adds a alarm.

Has pretty good feature list and is £240 from my local shop.

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 01 December 2004

tbh iirc i dont know about cliffords finance deals, but IMO you best get an alarom on it, ABW, u will never NEED it, but, IGTHSFTYPAJ ;)
LoooL

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 01 December 2004

You funny lad! Rob, any shops round our area that do alarms + fitting?

Heard alot of bad things about clifford. Ive always liked the Toad Ai606.

Try: http://www.alarms4u.co.uk/http://www.alarms4u.co.uk/

They do a Ai606 fitted wherever you are for 290 pounds but the price of the alarm comes down to 210 when you buy two extras too.

Give um a ring and ask for denis, say mark from kidderminster recommended them. Hes a good bloke.

There coming ut to fit another one for me next wenersday.

If it is Thatcham 1 doent the car have to be taken to a special location for the alarm to be fitted or will they do it ouside my house?

Sorry guys, just had to post this.. Clifford DONT do 0% finance. Clifford dont fit alarms, so how can they offer 0% finance. Its the companies that buy the product from Directed Electronics (clifford distributors) that may offer finance on a particular product. Companies like GAP offer 0% but theres been a lot of bad press about this company so beware. Anybody that comes out to your house to fit an alarm IMO isnt going to do as good a job as an install company with premises. What happens when it starts to rain, is the mobile guy gonna rush cos hes getting wet, I THINK SO!!!!!!!

LY 200

Iv always thought clifford/toad are the best ones however when the sunroof man was round yesterday who also fits alarms and ice he told me theyre crap!!!

Wasnt too pleased as i have a clifford myself but he pointed out the faults with them which i wont go into on the forum....Also seems theyve made there name by the amount of sh*t add ons they do which you never need but bein young we are all about big name brands and these things are marketed well so it does make sense!!!

He showed me a laserline which he reccomended over anything else...Its quite cheap for the bog standard one but he reckon if it doesnt keep your car safe then no alarm will!!!

Well there is a forum on the website mentioned above and plenty people seem to be very pleases with their work.

I think they bring some sort of mobile cover with them? As he said he has cover.

Ive heard alot of bad stuff about clifford, and agree theyve had there name with add-ons. Cant say ive heard much wrong with toad though. I asked around a bit before i had mine fitted and everyone seemed to recomend toad and now ive had a few i would too.

I was worried about using a mobile dealer at first because of the obvious reasons. But denis seems like a nice enough bloke to me and did a good job on mine. If anything does go wrong they will happily come out and fix it. Ive called him out before for central locking playing up and me was happy to come out as soon as he could. Also have something in the conditions so if the mobile company goes bust toad will find another dealer to fix your alarm if anything does go wrong.

Mini Cooper S sport

I got a Cobra 2-1 upgrade for approx £200, and it seems fine to me. I would advise you to take your car in to get it done though, because they will do a better job in a workshop than outside your house.

The company that did mine came to pick my car up then dropped it back.

No problems for me.

Yes he fitted mine on my drive. Can understand what some people are saying that theyd prefer to take it somewhere and have it done but thevve fitted hundreds of alarms and know what tools they need and bring everything they need with them. Its not the hardest thing to do anyway solder a few wires. hehe.

I do always make it easier for them anyway and remove dash etc myself. Just for my piece of mind too so i know its been taken apart and put back together carefully.

Mark