ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't Select Reverse Gear

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

Recently fitted a modified shifter curtesy of @Ash-b-84 and it has been spot on until last night. I'd been driving it earlier in the day and it was fine, I get home, park it on my drive, come to get in it to go somewhere a few hours later and it won't go into reverse.

When I pull the ring up, it doesn't feel like it's connected to anything. When it's pulled up, it'll just stay there instead of 'springing' back down as it should. Even if I keep it pulled up it won't go across to reverse.

Any ideas? Will get a video later as I'm still driving it but being very wary of where I go and being able to make sure I can turn round haha.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@Ash-b-84 Cable is fine, it seems that the silver bit of the shaft has come away from the inner black bit, if that makes sense.

Is the silver metal bit of the shaft stuck to the inner bit? Seems as though if I araldite'd it together again it'd be fine.