ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Captin, a word in your ear please

joe,

or anyone else who cares to comment,

i light of the recent renault price cuts, im going to try pricing the bits needed to take the F7P to F7R spec, as we all know its the longer throw crank and willy pistons and rings, but what else would i need?

im ringing them tomorrow (thursday)

cheers

lofty

172 & LCR

The block is different from the 1.8 to allow for the extra crank swing and the sump is bigger holds 6 ltrs of oil as these motors suffer from oil starvation 1.8 sump will not fit onto 2ltr block I tried it with my old motor as the monkeys that took the willy motor out of the car it was in dropped it and smashed the sump also 16v starter motor doesnt go as willy one has smaller diameter but bosch do a replacment that fits both, hope this doesnt put you off im sure the Captin was doing some 2Ltr conversions.

right ill add sump to my shopping list, i got a price for the strater when i almost got the spyder engine and it was only £80 or so non-exchange

right ill add sump to my shopping list, i got a price for the strater when i almost got the spyder engine and it was only £80 or so non-exchange

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Lofty, the entire block is different. It has different strengthening patterns and a wider bore.

Paul