ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car been keyed!! not happy

as above really. car was parked on girlfriends drive last night, been out to a 21st party-come to get in it this morning and some littlte to$$er has writen the word "sam" on the drivers side above the rear passenger window by scrapping a key or nail into the paintwork.
gonna take it in this wk to see how much its gonna cost to put right but was wondering how well they will be able to match the black gold-any ideas??

cheers guys(and girls)

Megane Mk4
some little t"47 did a 6 inch scratch down my 182, right down to the bare metal... wouldnt mind but I'd had it 4 DAYS!! I went absolutely nuts with the lad that did it, to the extent of his dad coming back with him to try to sort it out!

He was resonable bout it, and paid the £160 quid to get the panel re-sprayed.
Took it to Renault and you cant tell at all where the scratch was.

Black pearl paint eh? ... dunno bout that one but I would've thought if they produce the cars with that paint, they'll have it on the shelf somewhere. Ask them and find out

BMW M3
sorry to hear that mate.... i only posted yesterday about my car being keyed too. Went out today and washed and polished it and some of it seems to have come out. Will still have to get taken in the bodyshop though. Posted a few pictures earlier of my cleaning efforts but stayed away from the passenger side so cant really see.

Really dont know why these idiots do it.. achieves absolutly feck all. I think thats about 3 182's that have been keyed this week on this forum alone so god knows how many other cars get keyed. Prob about 10 in the time it took me to write this.... total tos*ers.

Yaris Hybrid
I still think that whilst there is an element of jealousy involved a lot of it is down to people driving our cars like tw*ts and giving them a w*nker image like BMW's.

I am sure they do it because they assume a certain type of person must own it. I bet if they saw some fit blonde getting in and out of it they wouldn't dream of keying it.

Vee dub
"wouldnt mind but I'd had it 4 DAYS!!"

I'd be seething if he keyed mine and mines 9 years old!

Iceberg 172
Toypop is so right!!! I had my 172 keyed in my own car park, luckily its not to the metal but its still visible. There are a minority of people with 172/182s that give us all a bad name so they see a bloke driving and think to883r straight away!

There is also the element of jealousy......the "i cant have something nice so i am going to ruin it for those who have" attitude.

RenaultSport 182 Trophy
Man, my 182 Trophy got keyed 2 nights after I bought it, then again the next night.
I feel like sitting up all night just to catch the c***s that are doing it. Its just wrong!

RenaultSport 182 Trophy
:mad:
mike62 said:
Man, my 182 Trophy got keyed 2 nights after I bought it, then again the next night.
I feel like sitting up all night just to catch the c***s that are doing it. Its just wrong!

MKIII 138
where do all you guys gals live ?? in city`s ive never seen it happen (touch wood) in a small town or village, just seems to happen in cities i though the price of houses were higher there and it was more upmarket than my ackwards village.. ahh well at least no scroats where i live in T` country side

Mini Cooper S sport
Gutted for you, and I know just how you feel.

My 182 was keyed right down to the primer all along the rear quarter by some b*****d down my road. I'm sure I know who did it too (it was a few weeks after a disagreement over a parking space) but I have no proof.

I was so pissed off, and it cost me £150 to get it resprayed, but you can't tell it was ever there now.

The roof has has been scratched as well by someone who ran something sharp along the bit above the rear window and over the roof. I've covered it as best I can and it will have to stay there, I'm not paying out any more money.

I can't wait to move, parking in a garage every night is the only answer.

Assholes who vandalise cars should be castrated with meat mallets.

Megane Mk4
meggerman said:
where do all you guys gals live ?? in city`s ive never seen it happen (touch wood) in a small town or village, just seems to happen in cities i though the price of houses were higher there and it was more upmarket than my ackwards village.. ahh well at least no scroats where i live in T` country side

I live in Hebden Bridge ... but the road I live on is a nice popular jaunt route between the village and a local council estate. Dont worry it isnt a dig at ALL tenants, but some of the kids are a set of bar stwewards up there. Its a jealousy thing most of the time, I do have CCTV up at my door but the day it got keyed was the day that my recorder wasnt plugged in (sods law aint it!? lol)

Some people just dont know when to keep their hands off things that they dont own.. and then people wonder why insurance premiums are so high!
:nono:

133/225/CLS AMG
My girlfriend had her motor keyed which we initially though was coz she drives a modified Fiesta ZS. And was some jealous tw@ts!!
Then a month later my mums standard Focus gets keyed, exactly the same way just swiped at not a completely line. Spoke to a neighbour who has seen this group of chavs walking around, had his mirror smashed by them. They just do it randomly, if I catch em they would seriously regret it.

I've got a Megane 225 on order to arrive in December so I've invested in CCTV which I've got hooked up to my PC. Got motion sensors so I can keep an eye on my drive and the road outside it. All in only cost me about £80!!

I still think that whilst there is an element of jealousy involved a lot of it is down to people driving our cars like tw*ts and giving them a w*nker image like BMW's.
There are a minority of people with 172/182s that give us all a bad name so they see a bloke driving and think to883r straight away!
Crap.. I've seen people in BMW/CTR/206's driving like idiots, I wouldn't key their car. Why are you making excuses for these people????

update on situation

took car into bodyshop-said its gonna have to be stripped down and area sprayed again, and because of the position of the damage the window is being taken out to.
people that do this to others cars are complete and utter morons and deserve to be shot-there is no reason to do it to a nice car other than complete and utter jealousy but unfortunately it seems its a reflection of todays society- if someone has something nice which they have worked hard for some little scrote decides to try and ruin it.
i disagree totally about the post saying its happened because of the image of "182/172" drivers-and even if we do drive fast at times or overtake etc thats still no reason.
rant over

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
16vnutter said:
update on situation

took car into bodyshop-said its gonna have to be stripped down and area sprayed again, and because of the position of the damage the window is being taken out to.
people that do this to others cars are complete and utter morons and deserve to be shot-there is no reason to do it to a nice car other than complete and utter jealousy but unfortunately it seems its a reflection of todays society- if someone has something nice which they have worked hard for some little scrote decides to try and ruin it.
i disagree totally about the post saying its happened because of the image of "182/172" drivers-and even if we do drive fast at times or overtake etc thats still no reason.
rant over

90% of the time it's purely random attacks by kids - not jealousy.

Other 9.9% you've upset someone - it's personal.

Rare for it to be jealousy imo (especially on a car that doesn't look anything special).

Yaris Hybrid
I think we had this argument in another thread once about the causes. To a certain extent it is random attacks by kids but they normally go for a certain type of car - i.e. those that tend to be driven by other young males. They do it because you have something that gives you a higher social status than them and they want to take that social advantage away from you. If you drive like a n*b and go overtaking people or just constantly brag about it in the pub and stuff it just enforces the point and makes them want to do over that type of car even more. Its a bit like in the case of certain animals where the male builds a nest to attract mates and they also go around destroying the nests of their rivals to take their advantage away and increase their own chances.

Sometimes they do every car in the street but I bet most of you that have been vandalised will have found like me that for some reason yours was the only car in the street that got done and it just so happens that you have the only sporty looking car.

The only car I had that never had anything done to it was an old 998cc Pug 205 that wasn't even mine!

I bet you any money that if you gave a chav with a history of vandalism a Ferrari as a gift he would never vandalise another car again. Partly because he would have learned what is like knowing that people constantly want to ruin it for you but also because he now considers you inferior and no competition to him in social terms.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Toypop said:
I think we had this argument in another thread once about the causes. To a certain extent it is random attacks by kids but they normally go for a certain type of car - i.e. those that tend to be driven by other young males. They do it because you have something that gives you a higher social status than them and they want to take that social advantage away from you. If you drive like a n*b and go overtaking people or just constantly brag about it in the pub and stuff it just enforces the point and makes them want to do over that type of car even more. Its a bit like in the case of certain animals where the male builds a nest to attract mates and they also go around destroying the nests of their rivals to take their advantage away and increase their own chances.

Sometimes they do every car in the street but I bet most of you that have been vandalised will have found like me that for some reason yours was the only car in the street that got done and it just so happens that you have the only sporty looking car.

The only car I had that never had anything done to it was an old 998cc Pug 205 that wasn't even mine!

I bet you any money that if you gave a chav with a history of vandalism a Ferrari as a gift he would never vandalise another car again. Partly because he would have learned what is like knowing that people constantly want to ruin it for you but also because he now considers you inferior and no competition to him in social terms.

Agreed on the whole 'inferiority' idea actually.

But I also know that a lot of it is random, I used to hang around with those kind of guys (a long time ago).

80MPG BEEZA
Sum lad booted my car screaming "turn your music down - sort ya life out" seeing as he was a lad the same age as me driving a mint green 106 i proceeded to get out of the car chuck my just bought hot chocolate over him and giving him a smack in the choppers

weeks later he got a seat ibiza and thought it was the bees knees until he drove past my gf's estate as i was leaving and proceeded to give his car a good thrashing and i havent seen him since :) result!

Megane Mk4
Rip3z said:
90% of the time it's purely random attacks by kids - not jealousy.

Other 9.9% you've upset someone - it's personal.

Rare for it to be jealousy imo (especially on a car that doesn't look anything special).

I cant really say that ... some of the time I've noticed that someone will be drunk and someones wound them up so they'll go for the nearest object, seen it happen with one of the neighbours car, the little runt gave one of the doors a good kicking and punched a mirror off, This I did get on CCTV and he got a community service for it ...
All the kids know its there now and I havent had problems with the car since..
But there will be a day one'll get a brave head on... and I'll be there waiting ;)

Bumblebee
not renault related but my mini was parked up for the nite in the nicest part of belfast (is there such a thing I hear you say!?) to come ou the next morning to find someone had danced on my roof and knocked it in an inch. Could have been worse if the rollcage wasn't there.

O, and the also kicked all my lights in. And replacement mk1 genuine lights are NOT cheap!!!

Mini Cooper S sport
Mine got scratched AGAIN on Friday night - in exactly the same place it was keyed before *sigh*.

It looks like someone scraped it as they walked past but I can feel the scratch with my nail so I'm not sure it'll polish out.

FFS :(

Megane Mk4
Racing Blue said:
Mine got scratched AGAIN on Friday night - in exactly the same place it was keyed before *sigh*.

It looks like someone scraped it as they walked past but I can feel the scratch with my nail so I'm not sure it'll polish out.

FFS :(

People can leave feck all alone can they?? ...

Here, this is what I'm having to do to stop people from scratching the car I own

CCTV_2005-10-23_16-39-24h_1.gif

I suppose it acts as a sun deflector too but its a pity I'm having to do this.

Yaris Hybrid
LOL yeah around my way that would be gone in sixty seconds. Whats more they would kick your mirrors off and key every single panel and maybe burn the thing out as punishment for having the cheek to try and stop them scratching your car!!!!!!!!!

I'd avoid anything that attracts attention to it.

Those covers scratch and wear your paint off by the way. I had one for my motorbike but got a bike barn instead as its non contact.

Megane Mk4
I've got a length of material in-between the cover and the car, that stops the "scratching" effect. I tie it down with bungee cords between the wheels so it stops people from lifting it. All I know is it stops people from keying the car and I've not had anyone touch it since I got it.