ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car insurance renewal...

EP3 Civic Type R
Need insurance on my 172 as of tomorrow, but my 2ncb are on hold as some prick hit my 172 whilst the mrs was driving it 6 months ago, claim still not resolved so im down to zero no claims. I was wondering.... who are the younger 1*2 drivers with, im 23... no points garaged at night, no modifications other than springs... Tried the usual, but im getting silly quotes or £1000-1200 which is ridiculous.... admiral group is a no go aswell...

172 rs
use the search go on tescocompare also confused.com and then try comparethemarket you would no beleive the difference in some of the quotes hope this helps

EP3 Civic Type R
Cheers guys, tried gocompare, was a joke.... 4k on some quotes!! will try the others now... many thanks

EP3 Civic Type R
790 quid from Admiral, oh well will have to do... its a joke on direct debit though, No doubt i will have to stump up a 180 quid deposit for 25% of the premium

Bumder With A Buffer
Im Glad im getting old now!

Just renewed mine and went with Tesco's £378 for myself and my Gf as a named driver...... A shade off the £480 odd quid Greenlight wanted just for me!

EP3 Civic Type R
Thing is, if my claim gets resolved in my favour which I think it will.... Im hoping they will refund / cut my cost even though the policy is underway

CSX

172 CUP!
Thing is, if my claim gets resolved in my favour which I think it will.... Im hoping they will refund / cut my cost even though the policy is underway

This is what Directline did once i realised i had an extra NCB... they made my monthly payments cheaper as i already paid a great deal. :)

RS Megane DCi 175
My renewal came through at £850 for the ST! - Dreamers. And it's an automatic renewal too so if I do nothing it goes through regardless. Not letting that happen though.

Greenlight have just quoted me £350. :D

A Flamin' Red one
I find those price comparison websites appauling. You always best going direct to the websites concerned. For all that I don't own a 172 I plan to in the not too distant future. The best quote I have had by a mile is with Direct Line.

0 ncb (i've never had my own policy), no claims or convictions, '03 172, £4500 vehicle value and up to 5000 estimated anual mileage. I'm 23 years old and....

£855.75

Ph1
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but who was the insurance company that dosent charge extra for mods??

Someone posted about it a while back

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
bell they gave me 1700 and im 19 just add you parents as named drivers and it brought it down about 800 each.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yer i no but i wern complaining its my own policy with my mum n dad as nmed drivers im 19 and insured it on me 19th bday have a ph 172 2 yrs ncb and it cost me 1733 which wasnt to bsd i though yer its alota money but not wen you put it in context with my age and the car. and you only live once dnt ya!!!

MY10 R35 GTR
greenlight was cheapest when i got my 182.

21 2NCB i claim, only mod was springs and it was 900

EP3 Civic Type R
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but who was the insurance company that dosent charge extra for mods??

Someone posted about it a while back

HIC HertsInsuranceConsultants

absolutely fantastic company, sadly for me they are who I am having my claim processed through and im staying away from them until it has been resolved, top bunch of people... all into their motor's will pretty much match any reasonable quote

NEED V6!
Do insurance companies come to home an inspect your vehicle to check for modifications etc.

random Question but just a thought cause how would they know if you have or not.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
790 quid from Admiral, oh well will have to do... its a joke on direct debit though, No doubt i will have to stump up a 180 quid deposit for 25% of the premium

To save money with Admiral tick yes to drive other cars regularly and add your mum or dad to the policy.