ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAT C wrote off 4years ago................

clio
Would it bother you ? The only signs of repair I can guess at is that one xenon is newer than the other and a few weeks ago when the car was dirty I noticed the wing was a slightly different shade of blue, personally I don't mind since the car drives as it should and the guy I bought it off was upfront about it as soon as he rung me to see if I be interested in having it. Strangely tho my insurance company have given a valuation of £1900 for it (obviously I know they're taken with a pinch of salt)

I've had a cat C years ago and wouldn't bother. Cat D I would consider but rather not have the hassle.

I ownwed a car that was cat d then i smashed it up and they put it on a cat c.!!

Which i thought was odd. Tbf as said it wouldn't bother me.

clio
like i say it doesnt bother me, girlfriends dad was on about it last night tho about how i wont be able to sell it on and ive just wasted money on it etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

i could break it and make money on it anyway since it only cost me £600 lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
like i say it doesnt bother me, girlfriends dad was on about it last night tho about how i wont be able to sell it on and ive just wasted money on it etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

i could break it and make money on it anyway since it only cost me £600 lol

Tell your girlfriends dad to keep his Ill informed opinions to himself as he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

I personally don't bother with cat c/cat d cars as I always want to be able to sell them quickly. But bought correctly (as you have, tidy and just £600) you'll never lose money on them.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If a cat C/D is priced right then I'd certainly consider one. You can't go wrong for £600.

Clio 182
I'm one of the people that would never buy one, but the response shows that there are obviously people that would at the right price and as has been said you are never really going to loose money at that price.

I just think that you can never really know how well its been repaired and I'd rather pay more for a straight car.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I just think that you can never really know how well its been repaired and I'd rather pay more for a straight car.

How do you really know you are buying a straight car though? My wifes car is only a year old and has already had 2 repairs, neither of which would show up on an HPI report. There are planty of cars on the road that have been severely damaged but not dealt with by insurance.

Car buying - it's a mine field!

Black 182 FF
How do you really know you are buying a straight car though? My wifes car is only a year old and has already had 2 repairs, neither of which would show up on an HPI report. There are planty of cars on the road that have been severely damaged but not dealt with by insurance.

Absolutely. There'll not be many cars around that are several years old that haven't at least had a little ding here or there and some kind of repair big or little without being recorded. You might not always spot it.

Clio 182

very true, but I just think it's just one more going you can do to clear some of those mines.... As I say just my opinion, and obviously there is a lot of people on here who don't mind it

Clio 197
My clio is a cat d what I have now , has issues compared to a new 1 but the cost difference is 100 miles apart ,

and as for paying more for a new car what a load of rubbish , I used to do jig, repair work and 40% of the bad damaged cars we done was not even recorded ,

was at this point I realise cat c and d in a way is for insurance to try make money by hoping you don't want to have your car back as they then sell it

Clio 172 Exclusive
Like you say break it and make your money back if it comes to that. Don't see how you've wasted your money, typical of an outsider looking at a situation.