ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing head unit 172

hi sounds silly i know as this is not a hard job!

it has 4 small holes yes- there not screws are they?

if not what goes in them to pull the head unit out i have nothing specialy for it in the loge book?

its a sony should it just go straight in with no extra lead?

sorry stupid easy question !!! lol

you need the release tools, can buy them from halfords for about £2 they look like two bits of metal wire in a v shape with pointy ends. then the unit will just slide out.

You can just bend a coat hanger to the shape or some one on here used wooden skewers, but I personally would pay the couple of quid for the correct tool for the job.

same as above, using anything other than the proper tools can damage the head unit and mounts

they cost pennies, so pop down to your local halfrauds and pick up a set

thanks every1 will do that and there is a lead you can buy that conects the remote may even buy that too!

thanks alot and its stupid that renault dont supply it with the car:mad:

Ph2 172

Do you need a facia adaptor plate with the 172 dash?? doesnt look like it to me, but havent taken head unit out yet!

How does the dash display react to not having the origional head unit? is the area usually used for display just blank??

Mine is an 02 car if it makes any difference.

nope, 172 is a single din so it can just be replaced with any h/u.
Once replaced the dash display is blank, but u can still see the time and temp.

correct, the 172 head unit is single DIN, which is then a straight swap for almost all of the head units currently all, there are still some double DIN units, but they are quite scarce

Ph2 172

Cheers, yeah the origional pops out easily enough, cant get my Kenwood back in though!!! bit tricky finding space for all the extra wireing that it has out the back.

On a seperate note, when i was trying to get the Kenwood in, happened to spot that i actually have a Renault/Alpine CD changer under the passenge seat!!:oops: Didnt know that was there.........Any idea if there is an adaptor lead available to connect to Kenwood. It is technically a specific renault unit??

Ziel Nurburgring

My sony uses the steering stalk via an autoleads adapter and still retains the dash display on everything bar MP3 tracknumbers/Tags (think it get confused) Std CDs and radio still work 100% fine.

Ph2 172

LOL, nope. to be fair, only picked car up on Saturday afternoon and havent had chance to do anything at all.