ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing to Washer Blanks

Got some Washer Blanks to fit to my 182 FF, which currently has Jet Washers for the Xenons

What's the best way to stop the fluid trying to come through

I've heard of people just using a threaded bolt, or another option is to disconnect a pump? The pump way sounds the best method to me

Does anyone have a guide on how to disconnect this pump, or a photo of where it is?

Many Thanks
James

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To disconnect the pump, you'll need to remove the wipers, the scuttle panel, then disconnect the feed from the top of the pump. You won't be able to remove the pump though as the washer bottle will leak.

The washer bottle and both pumps are located under the windscreen, where you fill up the washer fluid.

The easiest way to do it would be to remove the bumper (which you'll be doing anyway to fit the blanks) and just fold the water pipe back on itself and cable tie it tight. Or stuff a bolt in the end as you've already mentioned.

It's a bodge whichever way you look at it so don't feel proud! Lol

BMW 320d SE
Mine had been disconnected by the previous owner. What they had done (I'm led to believe that this is the correct way to do it) was to take each pipe that goes to the headlight washers and connect them together using one of the pipe connectors behind the bumper. This way, the pump still works but doesn't go anywhere or leak. I just reconnected it all when I replaced the washer jets.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html?affiliate=85386

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 19.01.37.png

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Just to re-emphasise the above
The MoT manual states:
Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.
Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given.