ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chettles GW 197 Cup

Renault Clio 197 Cup
Thought id start a lil thread so i can keep tracks with how shes getting along!

This is how she was (and still is pretty much..!)

IMAG0537.jpg

2008 Glacier White Cup with Recaros + AC on 64k

First job, was to get rid of the standard headunit for an Alpine CDE 136-BT with parrot bluetooth & DAB Radio

Within a week, 1 HID decided it didnt like playing anymore, so swapped back to normal halogen bulbs, they were crap, but they did a job... but still wasnt exactly a happy boy!

After Xmas she was booked in with Diamond Motors for a belts change, service and fitted a few new goodies at the same time... Couldnt have been happier with the job Mick did!

IMAG0634.jpg

That takes me upto about 3weeks ago... lol

DSC_0829.jpg

Got slightly bored the other night and decided to get a few other bits ordered...

IMAG0710.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

and... some of these :bash:

gog8c4hj8e3m8u4yox0.jpg

Have some new night brakers to be fitted with them.

I also ordered a RenaultSport steering wheel insert while i was at it...

Gonna get some AD08's ordered this/next week, but desperately trying to get the "essentials" sorted before I get her on track, but redundancy is keeping things at a much slower pace than i wanted

Thanks for reading! Ill try and keep all my updates in here in future :)

Renault Clio 197 Cup
Cheers dude, im hoping so, the current bulbs are terrible! Hopefully they should be here by the weekend!

Renault Clio 197 Cup
I cant remember exactly as i ordered a few bits and pieces at the same time, was around the £300 for the pair i think!

Clio 197 Cup
if i bought the headlights,what else would i need to buy to have them up and running mate,thanks for your help

Renault Clio 197 Cup
Managed to get a bit of time at the weekend...

IMAG0729_zps7c2977dd.jpg

IMAG0730_zpsff88261a.jpg

Was starting to get a little worried seeing her like that...

IMAG0733_zps5bd745c8.jpg

IMAG0732_zps6da86199.jpg

IMAG0740_zps8c3eea1a.jpg

REALLY happy with the difference, pretty easy job if u take ur time!

I ordered....

Projector headlamps - 7701061073 and 7701061074 (Left and Right)
H7 bulb - Night breaker
H1 bulb - Night breaker
H7 bulb - The projectors have cornering lights, so these are just for blanks
Silver indicator bulbs

I got the bulbs from Amazon, and the projectors from Renault!

Renault Clio 197 Cup
They just look better. My old ones were a little clouded/missing clips and had been drilled for HID's, so they let in water and clouded up.

Clio 197 Cup
They just look better. My old ones were a little clouded/missing clips and had been drilled for HID's, so they let in water and clouded up.

cool i'm going to order a pair of lights then mate,cheers

i already have a set of phillips extreme H7 bulbs in my standard lights,so all i need is a set of H1 bulbs?

just wondering as my standard lights take H7 in both main beam and full beam