ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chipping a clio

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ive been looking in the search engine for info on chipping my 172. i no ppl will say speak to andy and ben smt6/7 etc....but ive only got BMC filter n full exhaust and de-cat. im not going to mod it any more after a chip....is it worth getting a programmable one for say £600? or just something like a superchip? :confused:

any opinions and suggestions please peeps??! :D

Ive also hummed and hawed about this and the one Im going for is the Dastek Unichip. Its remapped to every individual car, unlike generic chips like Superchips and its 20 minutes down the road.

If GDI were (a lot) closer, I would go for them. You seem to have the budget to take your pick.

VaVa

With the mods you already have, I would suggest either a custom remap of the original ECU (if thats even possible??) or an SMT... With correct mapping you should see some decent gains from it

2005 Impreza WRX STI

id like to get the likes of an SMT but i dont no if i should spend that much when next week ill prob want to sell my car!lol i change my mind soo much

Chip Wizards do a custom re-map for about £350 or less if you go to their place in Rochdale.............that makes it about £280 to £300.

This is what Ive been humming and heying about.

Cya Stu

Dastek is in Dalgety Bay near Dunfermline...................Ill be phoning them tomorow will let you know.

Cya Stu

ask for stewart at danstek and tell him airdy told you to ask for him hes a m8 and will give you a good price ;) if he doesnt tell him ill slap him lol, least with a danstek your car is put on the r/road and mapped for the optimum peformance as bad says ,

brian

Quote: Originally posted by brian182 on 31 May 2005

ask for stewart at danstek and tell him airdy told you to ask for him hes a m8 and will give you a good price ;) if he doesnt tell him ill slap him lol, least with a danstek your car is put on the r/road and mapped for the optimum peformance as bad says ,

brian
Interesting.....

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Im certainly looking to get a chip in the future.
Currently have just a filter on with full custom exhaust going on tomorrow then i,ll see about getting it chipped.
I was thinking of Andy@GDI as alot of people rave abouit the service they provide&he knows his stuff from the rolling road day i went to back in March/april.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

does anyone know wether the MK1 is remappable?chris 172 said he doesnt no if they can be re mapped? anyone know this? or do i have to go piggy back route???:confused:

Superchip just do off the shelf remaps so there not idea for the car.

Personally Id go with a SMT6/7 from GDI or a remap from Hillpower (I think they can now remap 172/182s)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

dont forget with the smt we can take it out and use it again for a fraction of the cost...

put it like this we gained 8bhp on a modifed clio that already had a mapped superchip on it.

A.

No but Dastek do have a very good name as do Chip Wizards............Andy is just a bit toooooooooo far for me.

Cya Stu

Camel

Got a superchip in mine had no problems it was set up for the exhast and induction kit its been rollin roaded by a performance garage near by and was deemed to be fine, although he was a bit anoyed i didnt get hinm to remap it but he agreed there wasnt much more power gain getting a remap

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

also the cs group guying is back on

now £500 down from £600 for all clio owners on here until our stocks run out..

got 7 left now.

call for details

Andy

VaVa

Does anybody know if Hillpower can remap the 172?

Ive heard good things of both Chip Wizards and obviously GDI, but Hillpower is soooo much closer to me!!

I have just spoken to Dastek they say they CANNOT do the Clio V6........they had one in and started doing and it was looking good showing big gains of around 15 to 20bhp but then they had some problems and had to abort it.

They have a new chip being developed and it will be ready by the middle of August and that one WILL be ok for the V6.

The cost is £350 + vat.

They can chip the 172 + 182 now with the current chip available at the same cost.

Cya Stu

Silver Fabia vRS

I may be starting a job at Superchips in the near future so I may be able to help as my job would be developing the chips and being involved in the remaps. Superchips are normally designed for standard cars who want to get some gains though.