ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

choosing wax, first time!

A blue one
hi all,

just getting all my detailing stuff together for the first time, atm i obv clean my car wash, polish and wax but wont to get a nice set of stuff and keep the car mint and do it PROPER!
anyway iv got everything together apart from the wax, was looking at this
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/victoria-wax-3oz-concours-wax/prod_312.html
and this
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Dodo_Juice_Supernatural_30ml_1.html

dont really wont to spend over £25, or am i being stingy, im 18 and a student with not all the money in the world lol. tell us what you think or can u recomend me any?

cheers gazz.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
If you are looking for a good cheap wax, have a look at Meguairs #16. Only a tenner it last ages and looks good.

I've got Victorias Concours too and it's a good wax.

Used the Nattys blue, Liked it but i didnt really feel the protection lasted as long and has a good beading as the 476.. But still a good wax.

Megane Coupe
Dodo Juice blue velvet.

You can pick it up on ebay for around £20 from Monza carcare.

Or get a 30ml pot for about £6 which will do a good 6-7 layers.

E87 118d M Sport
Dodo Juice blue velvet.

You can pick it up on ebay for around £20 from Monza carcare.

Or get a 30ml pot for about £6 which will do a good 6-7 layers.

you got a link? thats a bargain! its usually £30 new :rasp:

Best cheap wax = Megs #16 Professional Paste Wax.

A massive 312g tin for £10.95 - comes with a free applicator and microfibre and is available with 7.5% CS discount. ;)

It's a great product and better than 467S IMHO, allegedly its basically the same wax as Zymol Titaniun which retails ar £70. Rumours are that Meguiar's manufactured this product for Zymol.

Matt

Megane R26

A massive 312g tin for £10.95 - comes with a free applicator and microfibre and is available with 7.5% CS discount. ;)

It's a great product and better than 467S IMHO, allegedly its basically the same wax as Zymol Titaniun which retails ar £70. Rumours are that Meguiar's manufactured this product for Zymol.

Matt

Wise words indeed. Although it doesn't last quite as long as Titanium from what I've seen - does look and smell very similar though!

Audi A4 TDi Sport
i have chemical guys xxx hardcore paste wax. really easy to use, lasts ages and is cheap.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Matt

Just bought some :)

Thanks for the advice. :)

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Bump...
Im considering on getting wax for the first time and also am looking not to spend alot as im a student.

Whats the nasty paste wax like?
Alot of you reccomended the 476, how long does it actualy last or how often would i have to apply it?
Sorry im new to all this detailing stuff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh how times have changed.

Definitely get AG HD mate. It'll bead and sheet fantastically for 6 months easily with 1/2 layers. Free box, 2 applicators and a cloth for £25 from amazon. Done.

Or people could ask his budget, how often he will be able to reapply, where he wants to buy from (online or in store), the colour of the car (metallic, flat) etc?

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Oh how times have changed.

Definitely get AG HD mate. It'll bead and sheet fantastically for 6 months easily with 1/2 layers. Free box, 2 applicators and a cloth for £25 from amazon. Done.

This sounds good, read good reviews on it, how many layers would one tub give then?
So once i apply the wax do i jus wash and dry my car and thats it without the need of polish or wax for 6 months?

Or people could ask his budget, how often he will be able to reapply, where he wants to buy from (online or in store), the colour of the car (metallic, flat) etc?
Budget is tight, the lower the better lol. Online will be cheaper so online. My car is black, metallic i guess? Its a non-sport if that helps.

Iv had my car for around 6 months and when i got it i remember it have a nice shine for a few months but after this wore off some light scratches are now visible.
Im planning on getting srp for polish, blackhole (read good reviews on this) and some wax. Will that be okay?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help :)

If you want to do it properly have a look on the sticky in this section, basic guide to detailing.

But yes rinse, wash, tar remover, rinse, dry, polish, wax. Dont forget the wheels.

In-between washes all you need is shampoo and a mitt. If its still beading its still on :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If buying online to your budget, autoglym HD rules, 2x layers on my clio has lasted a few days short of 6months, it only failed due to a spot of tar not washing off at the weekend, normal road grime is still washing off fairly well. I've just used it over SRP on my sisters cars and looks and worked great together. I've had a tub last ages doing multiple cars with multiple layers, and was using way too much when I 1st got it.

tighter budget I'd say 476s as it'l last for ages also and beads really well.

Vics red doesn't last that long from what I hear but looks lovely, will be trying a sample pot at some stage. Have you considered supernatural hybrid, gives great looks, is supposed to last very well and is holding up OK on half my car. Can be found for £25
http://i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Dodo_Juice_Supernatural_Hybrid_1.html

what are you wanting from a wax? apply and forget with max durability? pure gloss with reduced durability, some thing in the middle. So many options need to narrow down the criteria

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
^ Probably something in the middle.
Some one recommended srp then egp.

Would its be okay to use egp instead of wax?

Ph 1 172
Poorboys Natty paste wax is what in am using at the moment, very impressed by it works wonders on silver coloured cars

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
without starting a new thread iv just run out of my vics collectors wax and want something else i enjoy applying so im after looks over durability. any suggestions? thankyou

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Adam, have you considered vics concourse to fully up from collectors, I'm currently trying both on the LY and I personally think concourse has a slight edge but not much.

Wakz, Id say HD or supernatural hybrid both for about £25 will give a good mix of durability and finish

Not a 320d
e/ f**k this s**t.

Tcut Wax is the best solution to your problems.

TCW500_hi_300_(AM).jpg

Remember.

If it says T Cut - it works.....

Last edited: