ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' PH1 project

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Fitted the engine mounts today with my mate. Had them all swapped over within 30 mins :) They have transformed the car, it takes off so much better now and feels much much more responsive. Took the under tray off whilst the car was up in the air to see how much gearbox oil had escaped from the selector bush. Was greeted with a fair amount and also a bit of what looked liked CV grease ! Checked the boots and all looked intact. Will get it too Rentech at some point for a good service. Llandow next weekend :) Looking forward to it, will have to be on the Hankook Evo12's again tho as iv run out of monies !

Took it for a run this afternoon and grabbed some pictures.

9538781121_9b658a3702_z.jpg

9541555476_c3e05f660e_z.jpg

9541542250_e79ace5782_z.jpg

9538732321_86c69ef23a_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Burspeed's Llandow Track day and Karting yesterday. Had a great time at the karting with Tim, Came 6th overall with myself setting our fastest time. Was a great laugh, hope we can do it again next time. The car went well all day other than the tires are now fit for the bin ! Should of thrown the F1's in the back and used the AD08's. Was taken out by Mark towards the end of the day, helped out a lot just sitting in the passenger seat watching his lines and the like. Was able to take that into the following times i went out and was a lot smoother and faster. Sadly the GoPro ran out of juice so the video's only shows my ham fisted approach.

The belt is now squealing when turning the wheel so will have to whip the bumper off to see if the belt just needs tightening or the PAS pump is shot. Whist its off tho i want to 're-fix' it with aerocatches or the like. Also get the battery cable in to the cabin and possibly fit the flocked tray in place of the airbag. Also the tires need replacing so probably best it stays off the road for a couple of weeks or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Removed the old battery from the engine bay and put the new oddessey item in the boot. Was planning to site it under the passenger seat but after removing the seat and placing the X-low subframe it was obvious it wouldn't fit. Fletcher came round and helped move it to the rear, Cable is hidden under the side plastics and then pops out after the rear card. Will P clip it the rest of the way asap. Couldn't find a suitable place for the cut off switch so didn't bother with it. Once all was fitted came to turn it over and it died pretty much instantly ! Tried jump starting it but no luck. Old man pops his head out the door and say's it sound like it not getting any fuel. Twigged instantly, pushed the fuel cut off button and fired her up :)

9702902138_c298025c59_z.jpg

9702894966_3acd8e0f03_z.jpg

Exhaust has just fallen off aswell :banghead:

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
20 sam

Something with some propper power and a bit more practical Paul. Something like a S4 or even a 540 Msport (just to pi$$ of the old man)

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
S4 would be great alot of car for money but deep pockets needed if it ever goes wrong. ideal tow cars to keep the Clio too?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Last week i put together a new induction setup in the car, Long 45 degree pipe, 100mm joiner and a Ramair filter. Can feel a bit more low end grunt now and revs a tad higher. Then this morning i lowered the rear and gave it a good wash and sorted the headlights out.

9760494836_e5f26f7624_z.jpg

9760273261_3e4d8d449e_z.jpg

9760474315_8e95dc8052_z.jpg

9760455006_19e3755205_z.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Looking good on the f1s.

Is your location on the Whitley business park?
Looks like the Office opposite my old firm.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Some recent additions.

Rear carbon panels
9999852606_a92b89976f_z.jpg

And a 'Speedhunters' sticker.
9999970445_0a452aa867_z.jpg

Sprayed the rear again pikey style ;) Got some overspray LOL lookes like a frosted window ready for Christmas !
9999938313_05e27a226e_z.jpg

Got another set of OZ F1 in the garage waiting for some tyres so i can get shot of the Vega's

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Painted some extra wing mirrors black and have also riveted the carbon rear quarters on. Looking for a Trackday in Nov at the moment. Trying to find one on a weekend that doesn't cost the earth is hard. Bedford's looking promising at the moment.

10250691716_ab4a3277c6_z.jpg

10250556124_5b4a3df641_z.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Yup with having to buy a house and my personal circumstances I can't afford anything else so the flower is staying well and truly with me