ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Brakes - Reccomendations

Need to sort the brakes out on mine as I lost a pad and f**ked up a disk and caliper oops!!

Anyway few options going for the hi-spec 285mm conversion which is the same as K-Tecs but cheaper, but I fancy bigger disks as need something to fill behind the 18s as well! So was thinking 4pots with 300mm disks maybe bigger, I remember BenR posting a link a while ago to a place that sold really cheap 4pots but I cant find it now :(

So if Ben or anyone else can reccomend then please do.

Cheers Marcus

... or just get some replacement 16v Calipers/Pads/Discs..

I think BenRs 4 Pots were £300something? Did look like a good deal.

I remember them being something like that for the set which is dirt cheap, could go for the standard set up but a bit of extra breaking power could be useful and 4pots will defientely do that!

BMW 320d Sport

I use Hi-Spec 325mm discs and 4 pots up front and the 17s need a 5mm spacer to fit over them properly so theyd go nicely under 18s. I seem to remember Ben was on about Wilwood calipers that you can get but I dont think they do them as a kit or at least I was never able to fathom out their catalogue, so you have to select each individual part of the system, although Im sure you could make some decent savings doing it that way.

That was the one with the sort of online scanned in catalogue! The Hi-Spec ones do look awesome, they were recommending going for the same as on Jamie Shaws R5 GTT, which if I recall looked awesome!

Not sold out for style with 4 pots and 285mm? Should be able to squeeze some 15s on or itleast some 16s for the strip, dont worry fellas, the car is about speed and style-ish!!!!

This may be irrelevent....!!!!

Can only speak for the Ktec big brake kit but it will fit onto the phase 1 standard wheels fine, to fit it to a phase 2 alloy you need 8mm spacers... so i guess that stands for any brake kit of that size??

....Only just fitted the Ktec kit and it is the b****cks, very impressed with the perfection in the fit and nearly went through the glass, good stuff!!! did need to do the spacer thing though but it makes the wheels sit out(obviously) and looks better.

Demon do all the spacers and longer bolts, just got to tell them hoe long you want them

BMW 320d Sport

A Hi Spec 4 pot/285 combination will fit under Williams wheels. I dont know about valver wheels cos theyre only 6.5" wide rather than 7"