ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Ph 2 Wheel Alloys Cntre Cap

Can anyone out there help with the supply of some replacement Hub Caps for my Phase 2 Clio 16v. They got (all 4) nicked the other week and im trying to avoid paying the £30 each that renault want for them. So if theres anyone out there with some for sale or any Renault guys who can offer a discount on newcan you get in touch.

email me on mailto::smokedmackerel@hotmail.com">:smokedmackerel@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Jon

This is pre theft:

h:\my pictures\Dsc00517.jpg">

The metal ones are rare as anything, Im thinking of taking mine off every night now...sad when you have to do this sort of thing but Im not risking having them nicked.

If I can get my hands on some Ill be securing them to the car, Im planning on using a think steel bonding lead thatll go from underneath the head of the locking wheel nut and be rivetted on to the hub cap - if they really want them theyll still get them but thell have to do more than just pull em off and leg it. I cant beleive renault still charge the same price £30 for the pastic ones as they did for the metal ones - do they think were daft enough to think they cost the same to make !! I work in the manufacturing industtry and can garauntee the cost no more than £1 to make, add to that shipping and mark up etc and you could maybe justify £10.

Thought about making a replica in steel plate like the originals and flogging them on for half the price - would there be the market though ?

yes, they would cost 1 quid if they sold a fair few of them, but they probably reverted to plastic as it was more econimically feasable than casting the odd metal one here and there. They wont sell many so it doesnt matter to them, just like alot of companies.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Ill chop the legs off anyone who tries to nick my Metal ones!

Still havnt seen another valver round here yet so I think theyre safe for now!

Someone nicked 2 of mine the first week i had my car, had to buy the rip off renault price for the plastic junk. There should be a metal one lying somewhere between aberdeen and dundee, after an idiot mechanic didnt put it back on right. Now im gonna have to get another 2 plastic ones so the side of the car matches! Doh, not impressed

Theres some guy with a valver a few streets down from me, whose missing a couple of centre caps now.

Im keeping a close eye on mine at the moment, at least Id know who it was if any went missing!