ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16valver cup going to be f4r from Holland

Clio 16valver cup
Hello,

First sorry for my bad English.

My name is Jacob and i'm from Veendam in the Netherlands. My accountname reverses to my renault hobby. It's a combination of jacob and coupe wich means in English Cup. Because i had 2 5 Alpine 1977 cup cars and now i have a clio coupe from 1991. From this car are a few made and only sold in NL. They are on the registration form written as a clio coupe, and had most of the orginal circuit clio cup parts on it.

So now to my project.

I've baught a brandnew chassis and exterior parts from renault with no number in it. It's allready painted in williams blue.
Ad this moment i'm bussy to make everything ready for the devil rollcage.
After that is the engine room the thing to make ready. I have a f7r standing for it but this week changes my plannes. I bought a English clio rs from 2003 for the engine etc to build in the engine room.

I saw some people how have did it before. Can you help me with it?? Are there other engine mountings needed? And is there wirring scedule for? Maybe some picture project?

I try to place my pictures this week of the new chassis etc.

Greetings

Chav Rocket
greetings! sounds good get some pics up.
Matteh, Foxy and Beaniemoo are probably the resident experts on that conversion on here. i think F0xy is the most frequent on here + he has a lot of PDF's detailing the wiring.

Jonni

Clio 16valver cup
This week i make some pictures. I had some pictures with the black subframe on it. But at this moment it's white.
do you now if there are some people how build in a complete rs dash in a clio or just the meter?

Clio 16valver cup
I'm not sure if i putt the cage in. Because i'm 2 meters long and i want to fit recaro clio rs 3 in it and if i'm not going to build in the cage the backseath is going to be with the fabrick of the rearseath of a rs3

Clio 16valver cup
I have decided not to use the cage. The reason is that i think it's not good to drill holes and wellt plates in a new body. For the rest i'm allmost ready to tectyl the underbody. Also the adapters to rs brakes are here now. The rs brakes are going to the sandblaster and then wil be resprayed.
Is it possible to use the rear brakes of an RS on to a williams/valver rearaxle??

Clio 16valver cup
Hallo Robert,

Ook nederlanders hier dus. Ben langzaam verder bezig dus het wordt zeker wat.

Well the last time i didn't do to much. I putt the underbody in black coating and bring a extra layer of tectyl Ml into the tubes of the body. Next project is making the tank underneath the car and then te rear axle.

Clio 16valver cup
There is an update.

Last week the tank and a new heatsheald placed. i'm now busy making the brake lines to the rear. Also bought almost everything new from master cilinder to the the rear cilinder underneath the car. Last sunday i bought a set of hispec calipers and 310 disks for the front.

Clio 16valver cup
Well finally found time to brake down the donor rs from 2005. The engine is almost out and then goes to the doctor to replace much things. i want around 200 hp. i also bought new glass for the car by renault. All the doorrubbers etc is going to be new. The interieur is going to be painted in suede.

Clio 16valver cup
thanks i hope the rest of the car will be also this way. :D i've need so much new parts still

Clio 16valver cup
Tomorrow going to order new roof strips and parafan plates and some other pieces. Also bought original clio coupe plates for on the door.
Hope next year go to fcs.

Clio 16valver cup
Question,

Wich uprated engine mounts do i need to you use. I'm going to use the gearbox of the rs.

Clio 16valver cup
finally an update. The wheels have arrived a long time ago. Also have bought a translogic display. My interior parts are now at the painter. The new color of the interior plastic is going to be suedecoat.

At this moment i'm busy with the engine. I have a few questions.
I have a f4r from a rs and the gearbox is also from the rs. Wich uprated engine mounts do i need to use and where to order? And wich plate do i need to use for the alternator. I dont have powersteering etc anymore.

Thanks a lot for the help

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Use the uprated engine and gearbox mounts listed for the rs, assuming you are using the rs gearbox mount/battery tray (which surely you must be?)

As for alternator bracket, one from a lower spec Clio or Volvo will do the trick, scrap yards are best place for them as everyone charges a fortune on the forums/eBay

Clio 16valver cup
thank you very much. This helps. But wich engine mount do i need to use on the exhaust side. Also an uprated or just an original one. im going to use the rs gearbox because i don't need the speedo anymore. i'm using a the pulse of a magnetic on the drivingshaft. Do you have pictures of your engine room from all sides?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Yes a standard dogbone mount or one from an rs will do (just not the twisted type, that's no good), or you can use the solid adjustable item that coops sells

I'm using the solid mount purely for the fact it allows me to angle the engine slightly to the itb's clear the radiator

Clio 16valver cup
helpppp!!!!!!
Does someone have a guide to make the engine loom of a clio 2.0 f4r ready to fit on the plug in in the black box from the 16 valver??? And also wich wires can be deleted on the f4r loom???

Clio 16valver cup

vakantiehongarije6131.jpg

img45221.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 16valver cup
i've used rx 10 from carprotech as my undercoating. At this moment i'm busy with engine. At the first moment i'm going to use the standard loom. But later i'm going to use a standalone (KMS). When te loom of the engine and the engine is in i'm making the interior ready. Witch is going to be a suede coating.

Clio 16valver cup
this evening i've got the brackets and the bolts for my new rear brakes. one is installed. the other one is for next time.

This weekend i'm hoping to make the engine loom ready.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I feel ashamed to say that I've never spotted this thread :eek:

I'm loving your work mate, car looks that good I just want to lick it :p