ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 FF Vs Civic Jordan

what a ridiculous statement... the CTR has f-all torque and less power to weight than a 182, yet is just as fast if not faster to a ton and after that it lays the smack down on them. Integra Type R's have no torque and my mates DC2 made 200bhp @ the wheels with basic mods and would spank any stock Clio V6 included into the middle of next week! lol

The b16 in the civic jordan is a very old design compared with the new i-vtec's in the type r etc, go and compare the ctr's torque compared with a 172 and they are very close although the clio's comes in a little lower. I have driven a few b16 engined cars and they are not as quick as the 168 BHP would make you think, they feel sluggish at low revs then only get good once screaming, anyway thats my opinion.

How does a dc2 with 200bhp spank a 255bhp clio v6??

feeling sluggish off VTEC is no surprise, once on they are quick despite if they feel otherwise. VTI's are pretty amazing considering their age.

and re-read what I wrote, 200bhp @ the wheels ;)

Clio 182
My mate owns a 150bhp CRX (b16 engine). Roughly the same power the weight ratio as the 160bhp jordan

It was basically the same speed from 30mph upto 110mph (private test track) as a 106 gti.

If 172s are quicker than 106 gti's then it should pull away from the jordan ever so slightly.

Clio 182
Someone else I know has a civic type R EP3, he moans about the car not being able to pull away in a high-ish gear quickly from roundabouts.

Basically f all torque! And what car has he got now? 200SX turbo

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I like to think i'm semi unbiased about vtecs and i had the same views as most people seem to have on here before i drove one. But now i have its all changed. Vtec comes around in no time and once it does and you stay in it they fly. Mine is a 2.2 though.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I've had a play with one of these and I can say that the 182 is alot quicker, but gave me a run for my money. I quite liked it and it sounded nice.

DC5
I like to think i'm semi unbiased about vtecs and i had the same views as most people seem to have on here before i drove one. But now i have its all changed. Vtec comes around in no time and once it does and you stay in it they fly. Mine is a 2.2 though.

I agree. As said my bro has got a Jordan. The 172 will be quicker, but it certainly won't blow it away!

And everyone who says Hondas are slow until they come in to vtec need to drive one. They probably come in to vtec as quick as a 172 gets to the 4k kick, and like most are saying about Hondas not being anything special til they are in vtec the clios aren't anything special until they reach the 4k mark.

02 172 pre ESP Monaco(13)
They've got a site someone could go ask them how they fair against Clio's, the 0-60 times aren't that great though. Know a guy who had a normal 1.6 V-tec civic with some mods and he had his mate who had a Jordan and killed him when he got a integra engine in it.
http://www.civicjordan.co.uk/techspecs.php

I agree. As said my bro has got a Jordan. The 172 will be quicker, but it certainly won't blow it away!

And everyone who says Hondas are slow until they come in to vtec need to drive one. They probably come in to vtec as quick as a 172 gets to the 4k kick, and like most are saying about Hondas not being anything special til they are in vtec the clios aren't anything special until they reach the 4k mark.

I agree with the above if it is an i-vtec engine but the old b16 engine feels so slow until vtec kicks in, imo.

Thejesus sorry didnt read the 200bhp @ the wheels right, still cant imagine it would spank a 255bhp v6 though.

BG 182
del sols are slow cause they are gay. lol

whateva mate:lolup:

i had the vti del sol and feel it was quicker than my ph1 172 you just dont get the kick out of the clio like you do in the honda and for a 1.6 pissed over alot of other decent cars.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
an RS clio would be faster than the civic jordan but not by a huge margin imo. Regarding the whole 'gutless' off of vtec its just the same as most 16v cars being gutless under 3-4k revs. Given the choice between a Vtec and a renault I know which would be my choice for the motor...

2016 Audi RS3
7.9 to 60 puts it a good second behind an RS Clio from the off. Over 60 I imagine the Clio would widen the gap even more being higher powered and with more torque.

How did they managed to get Civic Type R of that generation so fast? It only had 190hp but got to 60 in about 5.5 seconds didnt it?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A lsd helps and their light too. Also they were probably tested properly i.e 6k vtec start! :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
180hp from the same engine as was put in the Jordan, I think the normal EK9s did 0-60 in about 5.9ish, then they had a lightweight one along cup sort of lines that was a couple of tenths quicker.

ITB'd 182...
had a blast with a vti tonight and both his vtec and my 5k kick came in about the same time and i had to shut off other wise i would of been in the back of the civic. wasnt very impresed tbh. a 106 gti would of put up more of a fight.
and before you ask he was trying!:rasp:
had some sort of jap pipe stuck out at a funny angle. could hear the note change as the vtec kicked in.
still no match for the 182:eek: