ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Im 18 and own a 172... how do u feel...:rasp:

Well done you. i turned 20 last week and have a 172, a 172 replica and a 172 track car! at the end of the day your car is still only worth bout 3-4 grand! not really something to brag about[/quote]

haha owned :)

No matter how good a replica is, there's one dead giveaway that you can't get rid of: The tax disc.

I parked next to what I thought was a 172 not long back. Had the lot: front wings, bumpers, even the 2.0 16v badge on the doors. Being the curious sort, I looked inside. Even had the right seats and trim. It was only then that I spotted the tax disc: 12 months at £120.

1.2, then!

Good luck with it, let's see it when it's done. Just hide your tax!
yea but his car is a 1.6 so the tax will be near enough the same, get ur info right before being smart :rasp:

but i still wouldnt put 2.0L badges on it, buts thats my opinion

although its a rep, it wont make it any more valuable, plus u need to niotify ur insurance that uts a rep as if its nicked and not declared as a rep then ur shafted

Last edited:
  Lupo GTI
Why put 2.0 bages on it when its not! ITS ANNOYING!!!

Annoying? Why? Its a replica, I know its not a 2.0l at the end of the day, but if you want to do a full rep then I don't see why you should'nt put them on? End of the day its your own choice, its not harming anyone is it?

And don't give me this reply that you giving the RS owners a bad name trying to race fast cars and losing because I'm not gonna try and race anyone; nor do I have any plans to race anyone, so why should I worry about them being on my car?
Like I said, I've still got the 1.2 badges on, and I'm happy with them, but i've thought about the 2.0l badges a few times.

oh, and thanks cat171! It's fantastic, I love driving it. ha :D

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Im 18 and own a 172... how do u feel...:rasp:

Well done you. i turned 20 last week and have a 172, a 172 replica and a 172 track car! at the end of the day your car is still only worth bout 3-4 grand! not really something to brag about[/quote]

hahaha owned owned and owned again

Yozza'd Titanium 182
just had a good look at all them pictures and it look absolutly mint....

except the badges

cars great tho

Yozza'd Titanium 182
no don't get me wrong, who ever did them has done a good job, but 2.0l badges would look so much better

Lupo GTI
Thought about the 2.0l badges, and getting the Renault Sport logo for the back. I'm undecided though.
You planning on putting them on your rep?

is dirty.
Well mate I hope you do it.

I bought Karl's old 172 replica, best thing I have done really.
Couldn't afford insurance, tax, running costs of a 1*2 so I bought a replica instead.
I don't plan to race anyone, I don't need to drive with lots of speed, I just like the look of them and wanted to have one but as above wasen't able to afford to run one, this way I can have the best of both worlds, looks of an RS with the cheapness of 1.2.

It still has the 1.2 badges on, I have no complaints with it, I've thought about putting the 2.0l badges on mine a few times, I'm still undecided but like I read in a post before, if your not gonna be racing anyone - whats the harm in having these on?

For me it's ideal, I can't wait to see yours mate.
I'll keep checking out the thread.

Try and keep us updated on the progress as much as you can.

Oh and why would you put stupid Fox or whatever crap alloys on your car when they aren't standard. They look awful and so does that exhaust. Brriip braapp chav-man. Oh and hope Millwall have a good season ;).

is dirty.
Thought about the 2.0l badges, and getting the Renault Sport logo for the back. I'm undecided though.
You planning on putting them on your rep?

I'm not being big headed in anyway what so ever but I have never had a bad comment about my car. It has everything a 172 cup would have apart from the engine. My car in some aspects looks nicer than a lot of 172's. Also I tell people it's a 1.4. Whats to be ashamed of? It's got all the looks with good tax and insurance and its very cheap to run. Plus it's my car and I'm proud of it so do whatever you want. At the end of day it's always going to be that 1.2 with the 172 regardless of the badges.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I use to love Barron's blue 1,2 rep it looked so nice.

Same with Karl's thought it was a nice car :D

And Hutchie's (even though its a bodge :p

Lupo GTI
I'm not being big headed in anyway what so ever but I have never had a bad comment about my car. It has everything a 172 cup would have apart from the engine. My car in some aspects looks nicer than a lot of 172's. Also I tell people it's a 1.4. Whats to be ashamed of? It's got all the looks with good tax and insurance and its very cheap to run. Plus it's my car and I'm proud of it so do whatever you want. At the end of day it's always going to be that 1.2 with the 172 regardless of the badges.

What price are we looking at for the badges from Renault? Any idea?

fiesta 1.25
I was going to reply with how crap your 172 looks but tbh its a thread about a rep which should be good so if you dont like it stay out.

Updates james?Need any parts?

Audi S1

Oh and why would you put stupid Fox or whatever crap alloys on your car when they aren't standard. They look awful and so does that exhaust. Brriip braapp chav-man. Oh and hope Millwall have a good season ;).

Erm because they look good and i got them for a price i couldnt say no 4... And im a chav haha ok m8... keep being a wanna b

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Cant belive all this over badges, you cant even see the f**king things unless your washing it lol.. you really think some one pulls up to the lights & looks at the badges then thinks hmmm its go time, the moment any one at the lights pulls up & see's the sport badge on the back 99% of people are gonna assume its a 172/182 etc

If i was you James i would get the 16v badges, but its your motor mate so if you want a full rep go for it!

Lupo GTI
What's with all the hostility?
This is a forum for Clio owners.
We all have our own things we want to do / like to do with our cars.
Some of us don't like other idea's, no need to shoot someone down over side badges, alloys or anything like that - its thier car at the end of the day.

Like you chose to put your Fox alloys on your car, myself and J.A.M.E.S are considering 2.0l badges, where's the harm in that?

Lupo GTI
Some of us don't like other idea's, no need to shoot someone down over side badges, alloys or anything like that - its thier car at the end of the day.

Like you chose to put your Fox alloys on your car, myself and J.A.M.E.S are considering 2.0l badges, where's the harm in that?

spot on post.

Audi S1

Because your car is a "1.2" not a "2.0" Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lupo GTI
Because your car is a "1.2" not a "2.0" Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And that harms you how?
It's a replica, whats the point in getting 98% complete?

rep·li·ca
thinsp.png
/ˈrɛp
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
kə/ http://www.cliosport.net/forum/[rep-li-kuh] –noun
1.a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.
2.any close or exact copy or reproduction.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
No matter how good a replica is, there's one dead giveaway that you can't get rid of: The tax disc.

I parked next to what I thought was a 172 not long back. Had the lot: front wings, bumpers, even the 2.0 16v badge on the doors. Being the curious sort, I looked inside. Even had the right seats and trim. It was only then that I spotted the tax disc: 12 months at £120.

1.2, then!

yea but his car is a 1.6 so the tax will be near enough the same, get ur info right before being smart :rasp:

but i still wouldnt put 2.0L badges on it, buts thats my opinion

although its a rep, it wont make it any more valuable, plus u need to niotify ur insurance that uts a rep as if its nicked and not declared as a rep then ur shafted

I wasn't being smart, sunshine. I was merely remarking that I spotted a very good replica by it's tax disc! A 1.6 Clio isn't going to cost the same to tax as a 172, unless it's emissions are unusually high for it's size. By my reckoning, it'll fall into the £170 ish a year category...

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel

1.2, then!

and the sunroof you fool!:lolup: unless you want to spend mega money getting it covered over:rasp:

is dirty.
This thread is just going to go on and on with useless crap so lets just call a head to it.
I'm sure when this car is finished it will look amazing. Good luck with it and get it all moving and in progress a.s.a.p.

Oh and Millwall, get some anthracite turinis, will make your car look a lot nicer. Oh and perhaps lose the exhaust.

EP3 Civic Type R

Erm because they look good and i got them for a price i couldnt say no 4... And im a chav haha ok m8... keep being a wanna b

I'd LOVE to know how you got the job to pay for your genuine 'Renaultsport' as to me it looks as if you either have a faulty keyoboard... or can't spell for s**t.

For someone so proud of his own car you don't half spend alot of time on here, posting pointless drivel. So what if it's a replica? Do the whole board a favour and go outside and go and look at your real 172, as long as you stop harping on with the same boring point.

Reps aren't my thing (I.e I'd never do it) but some of the ones on here are outstanding, so why not.

BTW, you're 18 with a 172, but with the attitude of a 4 year old. One day it will bite you in the ass my friend ;)

LY 182
well said mish stop talking sh*t in here and start your own thread so i can laugh at you in there..

nice rep... im ordering the body parts for mine in the morning couldn't resist

i already got the best bit though :rasp: :D

erherm mish :rasp:

have a faulty keyoboard...

Audi S1

I'd LOVE to know how you got the job to pay for your genuine 'Renaultsport' as to me it looks as if you either have a faulty keyoboard... or can't spell for s**t.

For someone so proud of his own car you don't half spend alot of time on here, posting pointless drivel. So what if it's a replica? Do the whole board a favour and go outside and go and look at your real 172, as long as you stop harping on with the same boring point.

Reps aren't my thing (I.e I'd never do it) but some of the ones on here are outstanding, so why not.

BTW, you're 18 with a 172, but with the attitude of a 4 year old. One day it will bite you in the ass my friend ;)

Well some of us clearly have the brains at 18 to be able to get a well paid job to afford a genuine "RenaultSport", all my problem is why do people get a 1.2 or what ever car he has and then make it look like a 172... its just annoyin and pointless... save your money get some no claims... "if u dnt intend to race ur car as u said about 30 tyms" and then when you have enough pennys in ur piggy bank then u can come and join me up here with the big boys:rasp:

I apoligise if ive offended anyone

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
lol great thread :rasp:

and if it was that easy to get a well paid job then why doesnt every 1?

and i hope you feel big bragging been 18 and having a sport lol you sound a bit of a tool

ive been there and done the whole replica thing and imo mine looked better than some real one's

so anyways back to the thread will be good to see it all come together :)

Audi S1
lol great thread :rasp:

and if it was that easy to get a well paid job then why doesnt every 1?

Because you need to be smart enough to be able to get a good job

and i hope you feel big bragging been 18 and having a sport lol you sound a bit of a tool

Yes i feel gr8

ive been there and done the whole replica thing and imo mine looked better than some real one's

How can a rep look better than the real thing? thats like sayin i have a fake £20 note but it looks better than the real thing :quiet:

so anyways back to the thread will be good to see it all come together
:)

Yes i think thats best

:lolup: People must think im a right ass holle haha

is dirty.
both of us have 2.0's.... and we still think you are a tw*t

Well your pic doesnt looke like a 2.0.... must b one of those reps...

Keep thinkin im a tw*t i wont loose no sleep
:star:

Most people I know that 'race' do it on a track, get on there and see how you fare. Mine is practical and suits my needs, I am able to comfortably afford to run it and have excess money to enjoy my teens. Also some money goes aside for future projects and plans like a house etc. You 172 will be work piss all in a few years. Your not a big boy. Your small minded and think your 172 is awesome. I have seen it, it's total dogshit, my car looks nicer and will probably outlast yours boi racer..

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Well your pic doesnt looke like a 2.0.... must b one of those reps...

Keep thinkin im a tw*t i wont loose no sleep
:star:

Most people I know that 'race' do it on a track, get on there and see how you fare. Mine is practical and suits my needs, I am able to comfortably afford to run it and have excess money to enjoy my teens. Also some money goes aside for future projects and plans like a house etc. You 172 will be work piss all in a few years. Your not a big boy. Your small minded and think your 172 is awesome. I have seen it, it's total dogs**t, my car looks nicer and will probably outlast yours boi racer..

nonono replica's will never look better :rolleyes: lol

isnt it past your bedtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.