ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok, as a few of you know i have been banging on about doing a clio replica for around about a year now. Ive managed to get the majority of my parts together but still a few short.

Car when origionally purchased.

IMG_7105.gif

1st i got the bumpstrips and door handles colour coded

Picture001.gif

Following that i got my RS front grille

DSC00105.gif

Ive then spent 2 months collecting my body kit

RearBumper001.gif

Splitter001.gif

PassengerWing001.gif

Driverswing001.gif

Sideskirts.gif

DSC00101.gif

I also have the fog surrounds
I have yet to get cup spoiler, alloys leather interior etc etc

More pictures to come soon :)

Last edited:
  Arctic blue 182ff
no they're not, i have the later dynamique, i still put them on mine, they're 16" not 15" with low profile, unless you wanna join the sheperds gang and get turinis..

...dont go black, anthracite maybe, but the lighter the colour the biiger the alloys will look

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looking good so far, but still do not, and i repeat, do not put the 2.0 16v side badges on!

Steamed up headlights look bad...

no they're not, i have the later dynamique, i still put them on mine, they're 16" not 15" with low profile, unless you wanna join the sheperds gang and get turinis..
turinis look nicer

the dynamique and 172 ones look the same imo, give or take an inch

Suzuki Ignis Sport
They do look similiar, but u can tell (from a mile away) the difference in size.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i have replaced the steamy light myself, was a b*****d to do, so if it looks identical to a sport what would u put on it... the 1.6 badges?

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
No matter how good a replica is, there's one dead giveaway that you can't get rid of: The tax disc.

I parked next to what I thought was a 172 not long back. Had the lot: front wings, bumpers, even the 2.0 16v badge on the doors. Being the curious sort, I looked inside. Even had the right seats and trim. It was only then that I spotted the tax disc: 12 months at £120.

1.2, then!

Good luck with it, let's see it when it's done. Just hide your tax!

Combo
No matter how good a replica is, there's one dead giveaway that you can't get rid of: The tax disc.

I parked next to what I thought was a 172 not long back. Had the lot: front wings, bumpers, even the 2.0 16v badge on the doors. Being the curious sort, I looked inside. Even had the right seats and trim. It was only then that I spotted the tax disc: 12 months at £120.

1.2, then!

Good luck with it, let's see it when it's done. Just hide your tax!

well that and the sunroof, unless he is going hardcore, all the way and getting a new roof?

Audi S1
Why do people spend all this money on doing replicas... just wait and get the real thing thats what i done... I hate when people do it due to as some 1 already said... giving clios bad names... but gd luck!

Why do people spend all this money on doing replicas... just wait and get the real thing thats what i done... I hate when people do it due to as some 1 already said... giving clios bad names... but gd luck!
im making one and seeing as im only 19 with not even a years driving experience, it's the most feasable option

Random bits in the garden, wtf ?? Get it all on & painted up then show us;)

It is a project thread, from start to finish, just didnt wanna miss anything out
Lol, I could of have had all that shizz sat in my garden within two days.
Folk usually say I got this, then did this, now it looks like this (if you get my drift)

You may aswell title this thread, random shizz to go on my car sat in my back garden for now;)

wait and see ;)
so its all eventually comeing together now james keep it up mate... by any chance where you at the tesco in warrington on friday think i saw you pulling out

Never above 25mpg

Sorry but I dont think everyone gives Clios bad names.

Its only if you stick a gash bodykit that will either be more useful as a snowplough or a skip. You cant honestly say a 172 exact replica is more embarassing to an enthusiast community than something thats been kitted up by k-tec or carzone??

There's also the issue of speed and power etc. You dont have to drive it and pretend you're going round the nurburgring when really it's Brum town centre do you? Thats the common stereotype.

It's like flaming someone for making a Dukes of Hazzard exact replica from one of the Dodge Challengers and then expecting them to go jumping over dusty hills and broken bridges.

Plus 3-4 years to wait for cheap insurance is quite a long time and if you can get a Clio 172 replica for under £1000 then you've not really wasted much.

mk 2 172
il tell you why people spend money on it although i think its already been said, simply because they cant afford to buy/insure/run an quicker car just yet. i think that he wont giv bad name for clio's he is obiously takin his time with this project not like the people that do give them a bad name kitting them up in a hour. you you waited maybe hes got the modifieding bug, just like me lol 'once u start u just cant stop'

It is a project thread, from start to finish, just didnt wanna miss anything out
Folk usually say I got this, then did this, now it looks like this (if you get my drift)

You may aswell title this thread, random shizz to go on my car sat in my back garden for now;)

i actualy think that its a good thing taking pics of every thing exactly how he recieved them, and his plans wot to to with them.
i cant belive that someone has taken the time to take pics upload them and type up all his proogress inorder to help other people in the same shoes is getting sh*t from you.

oh by the way i cant b bothered to argue so ent gunna botha replying to silly messages

keep up good work james;)

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I remember the spaces on carls (Barron)'s replica, they were redicilous. But you need them :p

i actualy think that its a good thing taking pics of every thing exactly how he recieved them, and his plans wot to to with them.
i cant belive that someone has taken the time to take pics upload them and type up all his proogress inorder to help other people in the same shoes is getting sh*t from you.

oh by the way i cant b bothered to argue so ent gunna botha replying to silly messages

Pmsl, what do you think his plans are for the bits ?? Err, he has wings & stuff does he not ?? What's he going to do with the bits, build a house ??

What progress is there ?? Stuff in the garden ?? Yea, so that's stage one, stage two - whens that ?? Look at what a project thread looks like, this isn't one yet.

If you not going to reply, that's nice. I cant be arsed with folk who can't grasp the english language.

Runs off to shove 2.0 badges on his car :quiet:

mk 2 172
im making one and seeing as im only 19 with not even a years driving experience, it's the most feasable option

Im 18 and own a 172... how do u feel...:rasp:

Pmsl, what do you think his plans are for the bits ?? Err, he has wings & stuff does he not ?? What's he going to do with the bits, build a house ??

What progress is there ?? Stuff in the garden ?? Yea, so that's stage one, stage two - whens that ?? Look at what a project thread looks like, this isn't one yet.

If you not going to reply, that's nice. I cant be arsed with folk who can't grasp the english language.

Runs off to shove 2.0 badges on his car :quiet:

ok i lied im going to reply, all i was trying to say is he went to the trouble of starting a project thread and uploading pics the idea of a project thread surly is to cover every thing. which is for other peoples interset, and you have to take the piss out of him, whys that.

people like you make me laff takin the piss is all good behind a screen but i bet you wudnt do it to anyones face.

and as for the grasping english language, i would be very carefull who you try to insult over the internet, not threatning you or anything but you never no who your talking to. no need to get like that.

Audi S1
^^ Sorry what was that... People shouldnt be so tight... if you want a 172 get 1... or save and get 1... not make a fake.

And to the person who called me a C**t... i can take that but at least im a C**t who drives a 172 !

Status
Not open for further replies.