ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - slow progress project

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,

I managed to get a LHD Clio 172. Was the only Clio ph2 Sport that I could find on a decent price and LHD. Although it was cheap, it has a lot of dents due to hail stone storm, but the mechanically parts are in right order. It does have all the belts in 2014 with all the aux bits.
Last night I start myself to port the inlet with a dremel and piles and a lot time. Soon I'll post some pics with the work.

Some bad things that need early work:
-headlights
-left fog light
-dens

What I would like to do next spring:
-remove rear wheel holder to add twin exhaust and also lose some weight ( and weld a flat boot like 182)
-182 rear bumper
-182 manifold
-custom twin exhaust tips to fit 182 bumper
-438 cams
-trophy spoiler

aRVojPs.jpg

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
This is not the finished product. After I took this picture I use the dremel and some fine sanding grid and also some cooper brush to make it a little smoother.
5v8riDmh.jpg

Thats it for now.
Thanks

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Soon I will get the 182 manifold and redesign the rear exhaust to add double tips, but for now custom paint on the inlet.
oMgDBGO.jpg

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Today I assemble the inlet back and order a 421 maniford with decat.
Does anyone know where I could find a Cup Spoiler?
Thanks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi,
Today I assemble the inlet back and order a 421 maniford with decat.
Does anyone know where I could find a Cup Spoiler?
Thanks
Project is coming along nicely mate.

Become a member on here and check the classified/for sale section.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Project is coming along nicely mate.

Become a member on here and check the classified/for sale section.
Thanks for the answer, soon I will become a member.
Last night I assemble the inlet and start the engine. Everything work as it should and I am so happy because I work alone at this mod.
This month I will buy a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and try to build myself the 182 exhaust system replica in order to fit my recently bought 182 rear bumper.
Car has 100k miles (160k km) and has all the belts done at 80k miles. So no need for changing soon.
Can the coolant temperature sensor limit my rev limit?
Thanks

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Can someone help me with a VIN from a 182 clio? I need the flat boot in order to convert my 172 into 182 and only by having a vin could find the parts on my local store.
And also, I want to buy a new gear linkage, but how can I adjust it? I want to do this because the second gear seems to have a shorter move than others.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
DWEfRvZ.jpg

Some small touches on the gear knob, and I also add some silicone grease and replace a small o-ring from the gear stick.
Next week I will receive KTR induction kit, 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust and also a Cup Spoiler. The only thing that I need this year is a 182 boot floor, but I really don't know how could I get one:worried: Anyone can help me?

Thanks
Radu

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
The rear bumper, in almost mint condition.
vK3pYyw.jpg

Also I have a set of side skirts in the same iceberg color to replace my left one, because it does have some ugly scratches.

Radu

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I9H6P0f.jpg

Also I order a new set of headlights and the KTR induction kit will arrive this evening :D

Thanks
Radu

Dacia Sandero
I've seen this car on OLX. I like it. It was about the only left-hand drive in the country. Succces with your project!

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Yes, it was the only one for sale. Thanks, soon I will have all the parts for 182 exhaust style conversion.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
aQLiJRm.jpg

I bought a pair of headlights and some Brembo HC disks and new Ferodo pads. I have a Shark style antenna ready to install, but unfortunately I have no time this days.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I bought the stainless manifold from ebay at a very low price. I've read that someone said that it will broke and the original 182 manifold is better. I understand, but it seems to have nice welding and I have some welding background. That's enough with words, is there anyone that use this ebay manifold and can give me a better review?

Thanks
Radu

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
RMgzJgD.jpg

New brake discs
New pads
New steering inner/outer
New steering bellow
New pivots

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
My custom tool for changing the inner rods.
2g8f1cK.jpg

I also replace the bulb from the 12v plug, it seems to be a common clio problem.
Now the steering is as it should be. It was a pain the put the new rubber boot on driver side, but finally I could enjoy my work. Tomorrow I'll go to have a steering aliment and done with this job.
Next week I will change the brake discs and pads.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
jGquPkNh.jpg

I install the cup spoiler.
Now it is the time for a brand new cup shocks with sport springs? Or just leave the oem springs?

Last edited:

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Since the old pedals have some wear, I redesign them and using my own CNC mill them.
yGAqmWB.jpg

EwIHB6U.jpg

The old pedal from last pic was the one in best shape.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Thanks a lot, mate.
Does anyone know a cheap way to fix the gear stick play? The one from the bush.
Thanks

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Small update
I just receive the RStuner and also I order the Stiff Shift 3.0 from Yanoo and make a custom gear stick.
Thanks

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I bought a set of 5 alloys for my Clio, they do need some work, but the price was so fair to refuse. It is the old style of Superturismo, on 16, with the right et (37) for going with Brembos.
d2jfc9r.jpg

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Thank you a lot, guys.
I just order the Yanoo 3.0 stiff shift, make a custom shift rod, by cutting 2cm from the bottom and solder back the end pipe.
I just order all the parts for cam belt and aux belt to make sure that my engine runs as it should.
Due to a lumpy acceleration without checking the wrong timig I have now, I replace
-new spark plugs (a month ago)
-new leads
-new coil pack
-new genuine injectors

And with everything set up right, together with the 182 manifold and rstuner map my car should run nice for a long time.
Hope to install the dephaser and bels asap.
Thanks all!
Radu

182, M3, Astra Van
Great work, i like the fact you are machining some of your own parts, any more pics of the pedals you made?

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I just build another gearbox stick with Yanoo kit in it and it is ready to install.

I also order a b14 suspension for next spring, a custom mid exhaust and also a custom twin tips exhaust for 182 rear conversion. Hope in spring I could install all the parts I have for my Clio, it is too cold now.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
I've just refurbished my summer alloys, they were cheap, but they need a lot of work.
First, one wheel had some bad scuffs, because I did not like just fill it up with body repair filler ( bicomponent ), so I make my own material by using epoxy ( the one that I use on carbon fiber work ) with dust of aluminum. It was a pain to sand it down, but the result was far better than I expected.
1oZpun2.jpg

j21UaQa.jpg

H71OXqd.jpg

Before adding the epoxy, the surface was clean very well.

nfNyJz5.jpg

8hRqfNk.jpg

nHfOceX.jpg

After many many hours of sanding I managed to get away all the old clear coat and paint down to initial primmer. Then, a wet coat of sprayable filler, some fine sanding and the paint and clear coat.

GycVNS6.jpg

z2Ylwc0.jpg

I paint them white because I will also change the color of the car to RB ( or trophy red ).

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
yfDy45f.jpg

I've done 5k mile with my Clio, so the new oil is here :)
Hope to have time this spring to install all new bits I have for my Clio.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
pS1DYcj.jpg

I managed to get a set of original OZ caps and now my spring wheel are done.
Hope to fit asap:
-Bilstein B14 with Powerflex rear bushes
-Short shifter with Yanoo kit
-new engine mounts

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Q4sHxRph.jpg

I will paint also the dash board to match the black color.
Finally I got a 182 original manifold for 75pounds and sell the eBay one. I was a newbie to get it :))

Thanks
Radu

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
My "new" original manifold arrived so I started to buy parts for the exhaust system. I have the ebay manifold for now, but asap I receive the stainless steel pipe I will make my own. I design a flange for the mid section exhaust, it is a Borla exhaust same brand as the other one, with a 2.5" input. I would like to have the decat completely removable in case I will switch to cat. The whole system after decat will have 2.5" and a 3.5" tip. I will stay to only one final tip, but with the 182 plastic trim.
74ETKA3.jpg

V9BqHqv.jpg