ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 track car

Clio 172
Delivery from @pure-motorsport for the lightweight pulley kit with standard damped crank pulley
IMG_20200325_094804.jpg

So the list of stuff to be done is slowly getting longer:
- install rebuilt gearbox with Gripper Diff & Final drive from @NorthloopCup
- Install RTS clutch kit and TTV Flywheel
- Install Powerflex Black Wishbone bushes & PMS wishbone strengthening plates
- Install powerflex black rear beam bushes & PMS rear beam strengthening plates
- brake fluid flush/ replace with Motul RBF600
- install lightweight pulley kit & replace with OE equivalent crank pulley
- replace water pump, dephaser, etc
- replace VVT solenoid seal (as wet around solenoid)

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
All sounds good!

Is this going to be a typical cs build, buy car, spend thousands on it, do a couple of trackdays then break it? :p

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I bought your bright orange subframe off your old grey car! Currently off the car at the moment because it's broken (again) but a little piece of yours still sees the road ;)
That shell must have sat at CitRen for about 18 months surely?

Can't wait to see this out and about!

Clio 172
All sounds good!

Is this going to be a typical cs build, buy car, spend thousands on it, do a couple of trackdays then break it? :p
Hopefully not😜 I'm gonna try and keep this longer than a year😂

I bought your bright orange subframe off your old grey car! Currently off the car at the moment because it's broken (again) but a little piece of yours still sees the road ;)

Ah sweet, I couldn't remember who had bought what stuff lol. How come it's broken?😢
Someone did mention it had been for sale for ages at Cit-Ren. They got the Shell for taking everything off the car for me.
It will be soon, once all this S🤬T has blown over😎

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

ah is that where the shell was, it gone now?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Ah sweet, I couldn't remember who had bought what stuff lol. How come it's broken?😢
Someone did mention it had been for sale for ages at Cit-Ren. They got the Shell for taking everything off the car for me.
It will be soon, once all this S🤬T has blown over😎

Turbo Manifold studs pinged a couple weekends ago so it's down the unit in the healing corner, I was hoping to get some solid time on it but now I wish I attempted it at home!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Selling the gearbox mate? I really want it but just can’t justify buying it :(

Clio 172
Selling the gearbox mate? I really want it but just can’t justify buying it :(
Not anymore mate lol Was told by SWMBO to keep it.

It will however be taking a back burner for a while due to the COV19 as I am also looking at doing some powerlifting competitions so im getting my garage gym sorted :p

Clio 172
Got a message of one of friends, where my car is currently residing. He moved the car and didn't realise the bonnet latches were not down so as he drove if down the road the bonnet came up and dented it:rolleyes:
IMG_20200421_191718.jpg
received_558185518454700.jpeg

A bit annoyed to say the least, He said he is going to get it sorted.

Clio 172
Spoke to garage today, and they going to be fitting a new bonnet and sorting out the aerolatches on new bonnet.

Also, I will getting the gearbox built buy @NorthloopCup, RTS Hybrid Clutch and TTV SMF Flywheel supplied by @Kev@KAM fitted on Monday. Will be using Redline MT90 gearbox oil, as its 75w-90 GL4

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Spoke to garage today, and they going to be fitting a new bonnet and sorting out the aerolatches on new bonnet.

Also, I will getting the gearbox built buy @NorthloopCup, RTS Hybrid Clutch and TTV SMF Flywheel supplied by @Kev@KAM fitted on Monday. Will be using Redline MT90 gearbox oil, as its 75w-90 GL4
Make sure to tell the garage to fit your aero catches this way round..
ea175b3aab605c6a49673a7311ab6b93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Clio 172
Make sure to tell the garage to fit your aero catches this way round..View attachment 1469175

Will do :p

Just at garage now, and looking at bonnet there is more than 1 dent :O
There is also a big one in the middle and another one just near the windscreen.
They have bought a new bonnet which should be getting fitted in the week.
IMG_20200427_094113.jpg
IMG_20200427_094119.jpg
IMG_20200427_094128.jpg

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Will do [emoji14]

Just at garage now, and looking at bonnet there is more than 1 dent :O
There is also a big one in the middle and another one just near the windscreen.
They have bought a new bonnet which should be getting fitted in the week.
View attachment 1469589View attachment 1469590View attachment 1469591
As they are fitting a new bonnet, you may want to get them to fit the catches a bit closer together towards the middle line. Here is where i have fitted them to the slam panel.
6f44255057138b4f20d840f117447840.jpg

Clio 172
The lads at Autoculture Tuning worked there magic on the Clio today, the RTS hybrid clutch, TTV SMF Flywheel Rebuilt gearbox with Plated Gripper LSD and Gripper 13/59 final drive fitted today.
FB_IMG_1588351683702.jpg
FB_IMG_1588351686648.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1588351683702.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588351683702.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 106
  • FB_IMG_1588351686648.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588351686648.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 114

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Who cares about the bonnet when stuff like this has been installed? [emoji23]
How does it drive? Does it accelerate quicker with the lighter flywheel and shorter ratio? And how is the grip out of the corners?
Genuine LOL..[emoji1787]

I dont need to know how the rest of it was cause ive got the same setup.. [emoji23]

Clio 172
Some info on what @NorthloopCup done for the gearbox:
- new mainshaft bearings
- seals
-synchros
- improvement to the selector fork on 1st/2nd gear to make them last longer
- selector hub for 3rd/4th gear
-4th gear.

Clio 172
Who cares about the bonnet when stuff like this has been installed? :ROFLMAO:
How does it drive? Does it accelerate quicker with the lighter flywheel and shorter ratio? And how is the grip out of the corners?
Couldn't tell you atm lol its having the bonnet replaced then there is dent in the door which is also getting sorted then it's back into garage for some more stuff to be done so not driven yet😂

so happy to see your making my old one even better mate :)
the last car id poured loads of money into and sold got completely destroyed by the new owner saw it a year later and it bought a tear to my eye :cry:

Clio 172
so happy to see your making my old one even better mate :)
the last car id poured loads of money into and sold got completely destroyed by the new owner saw it a year later and it bought a tear to my eye :cry:
Cheers buddy, looking forward to the journey! Missed my last clio after having the ibiza Cupra and the Astra VXR, they are such fun cars.
Looonh forward to seeing your titanium one evolve into a track weapon :p

Clio 172
The Flamer is at the garage at the moment whislt I'm offshore, to finish the last of the big bits off. These are as follows:
- PMS Wishbone Strengthening Kit
- Powerflex Black Wishbone bushes
- PMS Rear Axle Strengthening Kit
- Powerflex Black Rear Axle Bushes
- PMS Lightweight Pulleys (Standard Damped Crank Pulley
- Cambelt, Auxiliary Belt, Water Pump, Dephaser
- Alignment

I did some order some longer front studs from PMS as with the spacer on they are too short really. Current ones are 75mm, so have got 82mm at home to be fitted.

Also, got delivered new brake pads from @George@RTR_Parts which are Ferodo DS1.11 fronts and DS2500 rears.

Clio 172
Car is now on the ramp at the garage, waiting on timing tool kit to arrive so they can do everything together.

I ordered a set of front Brembo HC discs and rear genuine discs from @George@RTR_Parts. Also ordered the Pro-Am Racing Roll centre correction kit today😛

Clio 172
Pictures from my mate at the garage, PMS strengthening plates have been fitted to the Wishbones and rear beam in progress, about to the pressure washed to get rid of all the rubbish it picked up from the road.
IMG-20200604-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200604-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200604-WA0009.jpg

PRO-AM Racing Roll centre kit by @Tomotek should be be delivered Saturday😎
Once everything is on, it'll go for alignment/ corner weighting.