ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cranking but not starting!

Titanium 182 FF
I am a bit worried about the Clio at the moment :(
Here are the symptoms:

- Key in, wait for the lights to extinguish, try to start and it just cranks over.

- If I remove the key, close the door, lock and unlock and then try again the engine will start up straight away 90% of the time. When the Engine is idling and running it sounds and runs as you would expect.

- It cuts out randomly. This morning around a roundabout, no warning lamps nothing it just died. I went for the Hazard switch but it did nothing. Third attempt at restarting and the engine started and I continued to work.

- There are no trouble codes that I could recover.

Background

- Car has a factory alarm fitted

- The other weekend when using Cruise Control on the Motorway everytime I used the RH indicator it would turn Cruise Control off, possible related issue??

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Mat

Audi A5
+2

Try giving it a wiggle with someone cranking it over when its not starting, its located underneath the airbox.

FF Clio 182
Yes! Had the fault on my 1.2. Would turn over but wouldn't start, once you got it started it would cut out randomly.

Titanium 182 FF
Sounds like your UCH is playing up

I have feared this, but I have not lost the function of any other electrical components. Lights, wipers, HEVAC all work its just the Hazard circuit, that obviously should work even without ignition. Would a faulty UCH cause the engine to cut out though?
This morning on the way to work it was very hesistant when driving out of my car park, I pulled over waited 2 minutes at idle then drove off. The car was fine for the rest of the journey.

FF Clio 182
I have feared this, but I have not lost the function of any other electrical components. Lights, wipers, HEVAC all work its just the Hazard circuit, that obviously should work even without ignition. Would a faulty UCH cause the engine to cut out though?
This morning on the way to work it was very hesistant when driving out of my car park, I pulled over waited 2 minutes at idle then drove off. The car was fine for the rest of the journey.

Bit of a debate about how these cars react when cold. Mine runs badly initially for about a minute then settles out. That's what they suppose to do so I wouldn't worry about it...

Titanium 182 FF
Bit of a debate about how these cars react when cold. Mine runs badly initially for about a minute then settles out. That's what they suppose to do so I wouldn't worry about it...

I have owned the car for almost a year now, I'm fully aware how it runs on the cold map. This was something different.

Focus on the tdc sensor first before you start worrying about the uch.

Will do, I've noticed it doesn't start up only when it's left for a period (overnight) then following a key out, lock and unlock the car it will fire up first time.

182 ff
hi, my 182 has just started doing the same,just turned over n over wont start from cold.
its always started 1st time.
it was fine in winter too.
worse car every had,its one thing after another.