ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup Racing Blue

Renault Clio 182
looks great ! the arches have come out really well (y)
Do you know what size / spec the bolts were on the standard air box? I need to change mine as they're all rusted to hell

Megane RS 265
looks great ! the arches have come out really well (y)
Do you know what size / spec the bolts were on the standard air box? I need to change mine as they're all rusted to hell

Cheers, yeah the amount of muck that came out was unreal! Erm I can't recall, however I ordered them from a site called Pro Bolt after seeing another thread where the same bolts were changed. Think it was @cliocollins thread.

Renault Clio 182
Feeling inspired to do mine tomorrow! I have been on pro bolt and placed some orders after digging around on here! Thank you!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can still buy the inner arches from Renault. I bought a new one last year. Same part as yours, but drivers side. Think it was around £50.

Clean plates look much better.

Also, good stuff on the sabelt renault sport wheel. Did you get a 2nd one or the all black one? And volantech panel or 2nd JG one?

Megane RS 265
You can still buy the inner arches from Renault. I bought a new one last year. Same part as yours, but drivers side. Think it was around £50.

Clean plates look much better.

Also, good stuff on the sabelt renault sport wheel. Did you get a 2nd one or the all black one? And volantech panel or 2nd JG one?

Ah nice may invest in some new ones at some point in that case.

It was from the Volantech website, was perusing a week or so ago and everything was out of stock. Then Friday they were listing them for sale again, so I went for the blue topped wheel with their boss and their cruise panel as well. Not sure when it’ll ship, looking forward to it though!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Good work, I’m following with interest and plan/have done a lot of the same jobs.
Is the Ph1 shifter a straight swap?? My Gearknob is tatty and the Ph1 shifter is cheaper than a new Gearknob and is supposed to have a nicer feel to use.

Megane RS 265
Good work, I’m following with interest and plan/have done a lot of the same jobs.
Is the Ph1 shifter a straight swap?? My Gearknob is tatty and the Ph1 shifter is cheaper than a new Gearknob and is supposed to have a nicer feel to use.

Hi, yeah it’s a straight swap, it’s done from underneath the car. You remove the cat, heat shield, gear leather trim inside, then unbolt it and drop it out and then replace with the phase one shifter. As far as I know anyway, I’ve not done mine yet:)

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
That’s what I was led to believe too, cheers. When you planning on tackling yours?

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’m cat less which should make the job a little easier. Not that I’ve purchased a Ph1 shifter yet.

Megane RS 265
Gave it a proper wash day before yesterday, then went into the forest today and took some pics:

49894437672_57fbc7d871_k.jpg
Untitled by Joshua Tarnai, on Flickr

49894115651_be784020fe_k.jpg

49894456112_e43b8ee3f4_k.jpg

49893632493_bf773aa946_k.jpg

Put all the products I recently ordered to use, wash process was as follows:
  • Alloys washed with Surfex HD and EZ wheel brush, tyres with the same and a Vikan brush, then rinsed
  • Korrosol applied to alloys, left to react and then rinsed
  • Car snow foamed with Gyeon Bathe+ (demoted this to a foam a while ago as I found it to be a crap shampoo, no suds)
  • Agitated grilles and badges etc with a soft brush, left to dwell and then rinsed
  • Washed with 2BM with AF Lather, Gtechniq wash mitt and wash buckets with guards from Clean Your Car, rinsed
  • Applied Korrosol to full car, left to react and then rinsed
  • Tar X applied to tar spots on car (there were loads!!), rinsed off
  • Car was then clayed with BH regular clay, then rinsed
  • Dried car with Clean Your Car fluffy drying towel (best towel I've used by a mile), AF towel for shuts
  • Car then put in garage, and panels wiped over using CarPro Eraser and microfibre towel
  • Hand polished using AF Tripple and microfibre applicators, working round full car and then buffing from first panel to the last to let the wax component cure a bit
  • Plastic trim and tyres dressed with CarPro PERL
  • Exhaust tips given a quick going over with Autosol and steel wool
The above took ages, but the paint is in much better state now and is contaminant free pretty much, still needs a machine polish really as its swirled to f**k but it has some gloss and protection at least. Need to invest in a glass cleaner and cloths as well!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
If that’s the New Forest, a particularly lovely part of the world Sir!!

Oh, and the cars looking pretty sweet too. 👍

Megane RS 265
Done a few bits on the Clio again, main one fitting my Sabelt wheel. Purchased from Volantech, kit came with the boss, a cruise panel and wires needed.
49930366931_ae734c69b7_k.jpg

49930671257_795a370a2e_k.jpg

49929850648_426be0823b_k.jpg

A massive improvement over my standard cup wheel, which was all melted along the top edge. Has made a big difference to the way the car drives, but has taken some getting used to! First aftermarket wheel I've ever fitted, wasn't anything difficult about it really, plenty of info on the forum which helped.

In addition, I changed my tired interior trims for some slightly fresher ones. Should do for now, will get some carbon ones sorted eventually probs.

Old trims

49930521151_17a9ed60ea_k.jpg

49930007728_9eacdf3042_k.jpg

And new ones in

49930006738_1c010c2b03_k.jpg

49930826847_0b358f7449_k.jpg

Lastly, fitted an AUX input into my OEM stereo (not a fan of aftermarket head units really):

49929850403_85f61776ab_k.jpg

Haven't got around to fitting the shifter I have ready, which was my plan during my days off however spent too much time enjoying the sun to care! Thanks for reading.

Megane RS 265
Car hit a milestone recently:

50031224782_5d6bc35636_k.jpg

Done a few bits also; new bonnet seal:

50061835926_0e9db34a5b_k.jpg

New front and rear discs and pads, rear hub nuts and disc spacers (already had some but replaced anyway), and new brake fluid (Castrol):

50028407028_adf2c09fc6_k.jpg

50029208072_039a433f7f_k.jpg

Today I finally had my heater matrix replaced at KTEC. In addition, they coded out the airbag light I had since I replaced my interior. Very happy now, can use my heaters again! Spent about an hour and a half when I got home cleaning the under carpet foam and getting all of the coolant out of them :sick: Done now though, bone dry and clean.

After this I also fitted the new Clio mats I bought ages ago (you can also see the phase 1 172 shifter is now fitted too, miles better than melted old one!):

50087285563_9021fe620f_k.jpg

50087285618_52936368a6_k.jpg

Car is due MOT at the end of the month, so am going to book that in pronto. After that, might list the car for sale as it will be the right time to do so, with it having full years MOT which appeals to buyers. Still toying with keeping it though.

Megane RS 265
What was the matter with your heater matrix again?

Great work mate. Car looks great and nice to see the maintenance being done, even on a higher mileage. Looks half those miles.

Thanks:) Haha yeah presents itself well for a well used example! Matrix was leaking, not massively, but was a faint smell of coolant when I got the car, and the passenger carpet was damp. Do have a video somewhere of the footwell heater being on and you can see the heater vent had drops of coolant in it. Not common from what I gather but at least it’s sorted now.

Megane RS 265
Car went in for MOT today (not due until 26th). Unfortunately failed on emissions! However the idle has been rough for some time and there’s been a petrol smell on start up occasionally, so it’s not a huge shock.

In hindsight, the cat won’t have been hot when I took it in which won’t have helped (centre is 5 mins from home).

Goes in for re test next week, I already had 4 injectors ready so those will be getting fitted, and so will a new pre cat lambda. Hopefully they will help it pass along with warming it up properly, otherwise I suspect it’ll be a cat.

In addition, I have a bonnet on the way to me in the correct colour to replace mine which has rust on the leading edge and some dents. Quite happy as this was the major letdown visually. I’ve asked the seller to make sure it gets here in as good condition as it looked on the photos, would have collected but it was an 8 hour round trip and postage was cheaper than fuel lol

Megane RS 265
Good news! Passed its MOT today, following new lambda and injectors. I also asked the centre to ensure the exhaust was hot enough to make sure the cat was doing its job. Only 1 advisory as well. Not bad for 148k, makes me happy about putting the work in and keeping the car in good condition.

Heres a pic from last month :)

50000837823_212f794696_k.jpg

Still waiting on new bonnet to arrive via eBay, hate waiting!

Megane RS 265
Wow looks absolutely mint in that photo. Have you applied a filter? When I used to take pictures of mine the colour would always looks washed out on the RB Clios.

Wow thanks! No filter, just used the 2 times zoom camera on my phone because I like the aspect ratio better. RB looks different in everyone’s photos I find

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Lovely looking car mate.

Always liked RB but never got round to owning one.

I normally like them on anthracite wheels as well, busy must admit it looks ace on silver Turinis, looks so fresh.

Keep up the good work.

Megane RS 265
Well I’m sure most have noticed the Clio is up for sale now. Would like it to go to another enthusiast ideally. Will be listing the car on eBay tomorrow.

Car has been excellent throughout my ownership and will be sad to see it leave, but have eyed up a replacement which I am going to view tomorrow.

Megane RS 265
Collected this on the 28th. My first car that isn't transverse engined and front wheel drive! Very pleased with it, a left field choice for sure but I completely understand the hype behind them now, very underrated. A few issues which are due to be rectified this week, and then I have some plans in the future as well. Main one being paint on bumper and wing, already in the pipeline.

50182135477_9ae2d7ac1f_k.jpg
IMG_0898 by Joshua Tarnai, on Flickr

50162522643_fa7ddab632_k.jpg

Clio is still here currently, has been nice not having to sell it to fund the replacement. 2 proper cars in their own right, very different to one another.

This sort of concludes this thread now I guess. Has been a pleasure having my 182 and honestly think once it sells, I'll regret it. May ask whoever buys it to give me first refusal haha.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’m surprised it’s not sold yet mate. Had much interest??
All the work that’s gone into it, I’d have expected it to fly out the door.

Megane RS 265
I’m surprised it’s not sold yet mate. Had much interest??
All the work that’s gone into it, I’d have expected it to fly out the door.

I’ve had a fair few messages but no actual viewings yet. I think the mileage is what’s putting people off, a lot of people still avoid cars with high miles.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ve had a fair few messages but no actual viewings yet. I think the mileage is what’s putting people off, a lot of people still avoid cars with high miles.

Their loss. We, in the main, know mileage is just a number and if looked after any car, regardless of reputation, will go on and on.

Megane RS 265
Their loss. We, in the main, know mileage is just a number and if looked after any car, regardless of reputation, will go on and on.

Could not agree more. Most cars I’ve owned have been high mileage, but I’d choose that and a stack of history than something barely used that’s more expensive. False economy