ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 cup vs 440bhp scooby

itb182, 621bhp scoob
Hi all, i bought my 182 cup about 4 months ago with the idea of using it just as a track toy, so far its had eibach pro springs, whiteline arb, brembo discs and ds2500 pads, eibach camber bolts, completely stripped the back, 1 bucket seat and harness, miltek system and k&n filter (i know i may loose 2bhp but it sounds so much better lol), i also have a scooby running 440bhp/400ft/lb torque and have spent loads on engine,brakes and suspension and its an absolute weapon on the road and very fun on track handling and performance wise, but does it sound strange that i keep getting in the clio, its no where near as fast but i love how quick the clio turns into corners and how you can get the back end oversteering on track.

inferno 182.
think you shoud give them to the stig and see which one is quicker!! to be honest i tossed up between a p1 and a 182 and im on here!!!
nice to see some pics!!!!

Clio 172 Cup
I must admit i have a lot of cars in my time.. and the only thing that comes close to the fun i have had in the 172 is the Evo 8, but i could not park that in town without it getting bumped or scratched.. boy racers honking there horns and flashing there lights wanting a race in there nova/corsa's..

RB 182
Nah it doesn't sound strange to me, as between my 172, and now my 182, i've had a 426bhp Type R Scooby, and a 324bhp Turbo 2000....and the Clio would run rings around both for the fun factor alone :)

itb182, 621bhp scoob
I must admit i have a lot of cars in my time.. and the only thing that comes close to the fun i have had in the 172 is the Evo 8, but i could not park that in town without it getting bumped or scratched.. boy racers honking there horns and flashing there lights wanting a race in there nova/corsa's..

lol yep i know what you mean, for some reason when the scoob comes out its a magnet for civic type r`s, saxo`s and the like...think its a shock as i went with the stealth approach as the front mount intercooler is black and hid behind a black zunsport grill...everything was done so nothing was seen. m3`s, porsche and even ferrari`s have been surprised lol especially down the snetterton straight when theyre being pushed along lol, i`ll get some pics up of the clio once finished but heres one i have incase theres any scoob fans too.

scoob1.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You're not alone on here. There are plenty of people with lots of cars who still own clio's and love them.

Porkie is the perfect example of that, although that said, even his 'rarri gets abused on track.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
That impreza looks lovely :)

But more speed does not always mean more fun.

no i completely agree mate, i keep taking the 182 everywhere as its so fun to drive, its great the way it turns in so quick even more so it is now stripped, this is now my 4th clio i started with a 172 exclusive, mk1 v6, 1.2 (well i still have that) and now the 182 and i love em lol

Evo 8 MR
no i completely agree mate, i keep taking the 182 everywhere as its so fun to drive, its great the way it turns in so quick even more so it is now stripped, this is now my 4th clio i started with a 172 exclusive, mk1 v6, 1.2 (well i still have that) and now the 182 and i love em lol

Don't lie, you take the Clio because it's cheaper to run and it saves putting miles on the scoob to go to the shops.

Love the impreza though looks really smart.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
lol yes it is cheaper to run than the scoob and lol the rivalry banter between evos and scoobs is funny, my mates just bought an evo9 running 400 bhp but theguvner urs is very nice, love the colour.

BG 182
jamesv6;8779696 incase theres any scoob fans too.[/QUOTE said:
Think you can safely say there will be haha!! Very nice looking scooby, as has been said like how you've gone for the subtle on the outside look.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Having fun isnt all just about straight line pace.

And sometimes its fun to really hammer a slower car rather than drive fairly gently in a fast one to go the same speed.

Clio 182 + Recaros
As per other comments your Subaru looks epic. I do understand your point re. the clio. I drove a WRX on the track and found it great fun to drive, but it did feel heavy. Whereas the clio is very lightweight and agile.

You have the best of both worlds IMO.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I love the 182, but my old P1 was just incredible. Not just break neck speed, but the handling and stability was on another level.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I love the 182, but my old P1 was just incredible. Not just break neck speed, but the handling and stability was on another level.

Both of my phase 1s at the moment fall quite a bit short of my mrs phase 2 in the handling department TBH.

I think its little at all to do with which car it is though (ie phase 1 or phase 2 or 182 etc) and more down to condition of the steering components in particular, I have recently put new rod ends, track rods, balljoints, shocks etc on the phase 2, and set all the geometry up properly and its since then its been particuarly good.

Focus RS mk2
I'm the same. My wife has just bought a Clio 200, but I've mk2 focus rs 420 bhp, but I find myself driving the clio more. They really are great cars. Doesn't have the pace of my RS, but on a b road there just as much fun.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
glad you like it, took the scoob out yesterday and the acceleration is ballistic in comparrison, had a little blip home yesterday with my mate in his civic type r and it just pulls away like he turned his engine off lol it really is that brutal but once again today sun is shinning and the clio goes out and i still have the same grin....fantastic little car.....also moved the whiteline arb to the hardest setting and feels really tight on corners now, good mod those arb`s :)

RS Clio 182
Like the scoob a lot..my mate Nick and his dad had a bit of a friendly competition with the old scoob vs EVO thing..both lovely cars,EVO came out on top though after a trip through car planet racing..and another 50k spent on it..still can't take away the agility of the RS clios though..they defo have the grin factor..