ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Fast Road spec *blog*

Thought id do this so i can keep one thread rather keep posting up new ones.

Ill keep this short and sweet anyway, as i said its a blog not a life story..

Anyway bought the 182 back in April with the intentions of using it on track.

Spec now is ...

Janspeed full system and de-cat
ITG panel filter
Speedline turini trophy edition
ITG panel filter
H&R coilovers
Ferado DS2500 pads, Brembo HC discs, Mocal braided lines

Running 2 degree camber, fully setup for fast road/track

Just had 600 pounds spent at angel works also on full service including cambelt etc.

Been at 3 track day's so far, first one two weeks after ownership at castle combe, in terrential rain so fun as usual.

Few pics from there

Picture11.jpg

20080419_combe_203.jpg

DSC_0376-vi.jpg

DSC_0237_01-vi.jpg

DSC_0262-vi.jpg

Next up i fitted some sportlines even though its running H&R's now,
Went to curbrough with a pretty standard car and was the quickest there, just infront of my mates type R to my joy :D

Pics from there

DSCN2440.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2447.jpg

SV500075.jpg

SV500079.jpg

SV500015.jpg

And a video i put together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynnSI0D83lE

From then i fitted H&R's, new Janspeed exhaust and de-cat, trophy wheels, brakes and some other stuff to bring it up to now.

Few pictures of the new mods, (no decent ones)

DSCN2508.jpg

17082008258.jpg

Messed around with caliper colours, green, blue, yellow and now silver lol

17082008256.jpg

21082008294.jpg

DSCN2518.jpg

Went to silverstone this weekend and it performed great, didnt get passed by anything at all so i was happy, espicially at passing much quicker car's (m3 and evo 6) to name a few

Few picture's from there, which brings me upto date on how it looks now :)

trax9-vi.jpg

IMG_7152.gif

IMG_7160.gif

Cheers for looking ill update as and when

Yep that was me, was with my mate in his black 182, grey type R, that micra and a vts.

The micra is a 1.6 130 bhp, about the same as a vts/106gti so pretty nippy :)

172 Race Car
Nice thread, good work.

Glad you put 'Fast road spec' and not track set up as some are tempted to do

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks good mate....who fitted the H&R's?!?! lol.

Yeah, Burp i know youve stripped your car alot.

Removing rear door cards, rear carpet, parcel shelf, rear seats etc

How much wieght am i looking to save?

30kg roughly ?

Cheers

172 Race Car
Yeah, Burp i know youve stripped your car alot.

Removing rear door cards, rear carpet, parcel shelf, rear seats etc

How much wieght am i looking to save?

30kg roughly ?

Cheers
No idea tbh bud. all that was removed from mine before i got it. Makes it very noisy tho, be warned

Yeah, i dont use it much tbh, trying to tempt myself away from going for drive's to try and get the mileage down a little. ill remove it all and get it on the scales :)

C

clvs2222

Yeah, i dont use it much tbh, trying to tempt myself away from going for drive's to try and get the mileage down a little. ill remove it all and get it on the scales :)

you cant get the milage to go backwards dude! :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Car looks very good, glad you got the H&R's sorted. MSN me next time your down this way, be interested to have a ride in a H&R'd car.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Car looks great dude, loving the dark wheels and the ride height. Whats the janspeed like with the de-cat? Loud?

Car looks great dude, loving the dark wheels and the ride height. Whats the janspeed like with the de-cat? Loud?

If you look on youtube Ash theres a vfew vids on there, search for " Clio 182 ktec janspeed" my username is r8byb.Id post a link but im at work and cant.

In the last picture im running PE2 these are going soon though as there on the limits :( was fun in the wet sunday :rasp:

Car looks very good, glad you got the H&R's sorted. MSN me next time your down this way, be interested to have a ride in a H&R'd car.

Will do Warren, we'll have to have a meet up with Dan aswell or something :)

RichCup, no rubbing at all, bit of arch modifying but nothing major :)

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups

If you look on youtube Ash theres a vfew vids on there, search for " Clio 182 ktec janspeed" my username is r8byb.Id post a link but im at work and cant.

In the last picture im running PE2 these are going soon though as there on the limits :( was fun in the wet sunday :rasp:

Cheers Rob ill have a look when i get in tonight as cant get on at work. will have to meed up some time. :)

Problem im finding, don't know if anyone else is but cause of the heat the brakes generate (Uprated ones) they make the paint go dull very quickly:(

And Ash, yeah we'll have to one day. My system isnt a full janspeed the centre section is custom :)

Saxo VTR and clio Trophy
Hi there

I saw your car on track at TRAX last week, absolutly loved it to bits, have never been a great fan of this colour but the Trophy alloys and ride height look spot on, it sounded great aswell and looked quick dispite the weather, I took my Saxo out and can vouch for the conditions, fun were'nt they lol! I've been thinking about getting another Clio as I had a Trophy a while back and your car may have just tipped the scales :)

I've had a vts buddy, the clio is like a newer one, i loved everything about my saxo it was just a bit to small for me and the clio is perfect now :)

B

Brown.

lol at 'fast road'...... remonds me of when the 'just washed' threads turned into the ' quick detail' threads :rolleyes:

Did my fourth trackday at Mallory Park on Saturday, car went really well hustling much "better" car's as such, very impressed with the H&r's on track and the overall setup on the clio :)

Few pictures from the day from my other thread

DSCN2567.jpg

DSCN2565.jpg

DSCN2569.jpg

DSCN2564.jpg

DSCN2562.jpg

DSCN2563.jpg

DSCN2558.jpg

Move over Evo :p

DSCN2545.jpg

DSCN2533.jpg

Also purchased some new seats Sparco Rev's wieghing in at 9kg each, so with the removal of all rear equipment seats etc, changing to turini's removal of front seats im hoping to of saved about 50kg roughly.

Pic of the seats

SparcoRevBlack.jpg

Also next month will be on the hunt for some 15s to stick some 888's on and use them as my track wheels :)

Cheers for looking