ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Fast Road spec *blog*

Stripped about 40 - 50 kg out of it today, fitted my new buckets and OMG it feels so much quicker, not sure how much BHP per tonne ive gained but it picks up much quicker. Cant wait to get some inlets and a remap now.

Picture's tomorrow as its dark now :)

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
This is exactly what i want to aim for when i get my 182 hopefully next year, either a 182 or a type R.

Great work mate, car looks amazing

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
how did you do the michelin sign on the tyres in white mate?

awesome car btw - hoping to get mine lookin similar soon

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
my mate does it on his conti's.

Quite easy, but make sure you have a eat and take your time. Just go over where the brand is printed. Writes like tip ex. You have to keep on wiping them down and re-doing them depending on how quickly they get dirty etc.

And make sure all your tyres are matching lol

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
my mate does it on his conti's.

Quite easy, but make sure you have a eat and take your time. Just go over where the brand is printed. Writes like tip ex. You have to keep on wiping them down and re-doing them depending on how quickly they get dirty etc.

And make sure all your tyres are matching lol

thanx for that

Is that 40-50kgs from the seats? or have you taken something else off too?

Rough estimate but i would say each front seat is about 22 - 25kg ? my new seats weigh 8kg each so straight away saving about 30kg from changing the front two seats, then there's jack, rear seats, parcel shelf etc.

Also my exhaust is about 8kg lighter and the turini's are alot lighter than the 182 wheels.

It feels like it picks up so much better and the noise is amazing. Im chuffed :D

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
hahaha tell me about it,

i stripped out the rear of my 172 and i dont want to ever put it back in again!

Pictures of the new seats and stripped rear.

Sorry the pictures are terrible, really think im going to have to buy a new camera :( Also fitted my yellow inlet hose kindly donated by Rich_h

DSCN2610.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2609.jpg

DSCN2599.jpg

DSCN2613.jpg

I know this one is blurred but it show's the height it now sits at, although that was on the handbrake, i know have a more neutral car aswell in terms of handling which is great :D

DSCN2607.jpg

Thought id better update this to keep the ball rolling.. not alot has changed but a few key things to bring the car more track focused.

Firstly i got rid of the H&R's for AST's mainly for the adjustability factor, had it all setup by Curtis at powerstation aswell which has led to my car feeling like its on rails in dry, wet, and even greasy conditions.

Secondly i changed my headlights to some black xenons instead of the grey inserts the 182's usually come with.

Another cosmetic touch was carbon front and rear diamonds which i did myself.

Plans now are

V6 Espace airbox which should hopefully be with me soon
Matched inlets
Powerflex lower dog bone mount
Carbon splitter

Also pick up some OZ F1's which will be my track wheels on Sunday.

So spec at the moment

16" Speedline Turinis in Anthracite wrapped in P Zero nero's
AST Coilover units
Black mask Xenon headlights
Full exhaust system with 3.5" slash cut tips
De-cat
Colour coded side bullets
Brembo Max HC disks, Ferado DS2500 pads and Braided lines
Carbon front and rear renault diamonds
Sparco fibreglass bucket seats, side mounts and low frames
5mm Hubcentric widetrack spacers
Track setup running Neg 2 degree front and rear camber.
Shed of about 60kg
ITG filter

Few pictures

DSCN2737.jpg

DSCN2728.jpg

DSCN2726.jpg

ITB'd 182...
love it! going in the right direction!

also where did you get your spacers? and did you need longer bolts?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks sweet mate! Have you got silvervisions up front? :S If not I've got some you can have :)

Plan's

Front 10mm spacers
SD/MSV roll cage
Refurb OZ F1s in Anthra and fit R888's
Re insulate backbox
Fit V6 Airbox when it arrives
Wheel diamonds yellow
Repain calipers
Remove fog's and make brake ducts
Modify arch liners slightly
Front strut brace
197 RS rear badge
Renault F1 team bonnet decal

Doh, still loads to do :(

Pic of my badges after i finished them

22122008545.jpg

106 GTI
Get the fogs out it looks good, on the passenger side the screw behing the horn is a bit tight but just force the ratchet behind it

Saxo VTR and clio Trophy
I love the update pics, looks great, this has been one of my favorite cars since I saw it tearing up Silverstone at Trax! How much was the AST suspension if you don't mind me asking? Are they ok for ride comfort on the road aswell or are they fully track focused?

very nice 182 there!

i have a 04reg in artic blue aswell and had been tempted to modify it but managed to stop myself!! love how yours sits with the new wheels and AST's, luckily i have a mk1 hybrid tracktoy to stop me going down that route!!