ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - MOT fail - needs new Cat and Exhaust - Thoughts?

Hi folks,

Having one of those weeks! So far the car has been impounded for a parking violation (£360!), insured (£775!), taxed (£118.25) and now failed it's MOT!

Failure is due to knackered cat and exhaust blowing like a Polish hooker while rattling like a skeleton having a w**k in a filing cabinet (due to the cat breaking up!) Essentially both fooked!

My current thoughts after reading loads of threads on here and chatting to a few people are a Milltek High flow sports cat, probably from K-Tec then a stainless cat back exhaust system from either Yozza or Milltek.

First question is what does that plan sound like? Would the 2 work well together, are they good quality and would it be a cost effective way to a nice sounding 182 without spending a fortune?

Secondly is the age old question Yozza or Milltek exhausts. I've read a few threads and from that my main concerns are which is going to be better quality as I plan to keep the car for a while yet and secondly is the Yozzasport system too loud? I often do 100-200 miles on the M1 so don't want it to be unpleasant for that kind of journey but I do bloody love the Yozzasport noise I've heard in various Youtube vids even with the cat!

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed for my fooking expensive car! :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Do you know for sure that it's the cat thats broken up and not the baffles in the mid box?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If the cars on it's standard exhaust from new there is a high chance it's fecked.

BMW M135I
Ive just had my yozza 2 inch system fitted today at its easy to drive with in my opinion, did some motorway miles on the way back between 70-80 and it was ok but i did have my music half way up and was just as loud cruising but its definalty ok to drive on the mway with

Mileage is 69k, original exhaust from new. The mechanic I use has a 182 himself and he's the one who told me the cat is also fecked. It has been rattling like crazy for a couple of weeks also.

Fabia vrs tdi
i got a ktech supersports exhaust by janspeed and the quality was spot on and even though its the loud version it doesnt sound too loud just nice with a deep burble and it feels as if it has improved the low down grunt

It is between a Janspeed Sport/Supersport and Yozza I reckon after much reading and adding up the costs! Just how loud are the supersport or Yozza systems compared to a Sport option in everyday use (motorway, city centre, going to Tesco etc?)

Fabia vrs tdi
not much difference in the supersports and sports, my supersports is really only loud after 3krpm so if ur driving about town its not too loud and in 5th at arouns 80 its not too bad its not annoying anyway

never heard a yozza in person but waiting would bother me like im sure it would bother most people, get a super sports u know u want to lol

I definitely do fancy the supersports version as everything I've read so far says it isn't much more intrusive on the motorway or in the city centre which is where sadly a lot of my driving happens! Plus it's cheaper :)

PS does the Cliosport discount apply? ;)

Fabia vrs tdi
yes it applys i got cash off my order, sadly most of my driving is around the city stopping at red lights every 20 feet and getting 20mpg :(

One last question (well until I think of another ;) ) is should I get the exhaust with mounts too? It seems when the standard exhaust drops apart, everything seems to go with it including the standard mounts.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
yes it applys i got cash off my order, sadly most of my driving is around the city stopping at red lights every 20 feet and getting 20mpg :(

Must be something wrong with your car mate, I used to work in Glasgow and used a ST220 a few days a week and never got 20mpg in start/stop traffic.

Fabia vrs tdi
its due a service, my average speed is around 10mph so maybe thats why !!

if i go to my girlfriends house it gets up to around 28mpg but on the motorway highest it gets to is 37mpg and that sitting at 73mph

advice please

Fabia vrs tdi
ben the exhaust comes with everything the exhaust mounts stay on but one of mines is damaged so need to buy 2 new ones as the exhaust aint sittin rite one side is held on withe cable ties to make it look rite

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
its due a service, my average speed is around 10mph so maybe thats why !!

if i go to my girlfriends house it gets up to around 28mpg but on the motorway highest it gets to is 37mpg and that sitting at 73mph

advice please

I get about 41-43mpg on my run to Edinburgh and back everyday and have never seen it drop below 30 around town.

ff 182
hi matey, i had she same problem and in the end went to prospeed had a new exhaust and they got me a cat. seems fine now. paid about £630.

Fabia vrs tdi
hmm maybe its coz only driving i do is in the city and i live in the city so never gets a chance to rise much higher than 20mpg, next long drive i do i will re-set it and see how i get on from there its just hard to judge it from the short drives i do

will get service done end of next month see if it helps things, my back o2 sensor is broke exhaust emissions light is on maybe thats cozing it to be so slow

hi matey, i had she same problem and in the end went to prospeed had a new exhaust and they got me a cat. seems fine now. paid about £630.

Thanks for the info mate. I am looking at about the same cost for the SuperSport + cat from K-Tec all in.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
to pass emissions do what i do car failed on emissions mot tester said look son i never told you this but buy a bottle of FORTE FUEL INJ CLEAER from any car accesory shop black bottle orange cap looks like a tango bottle for £13 pour it i before coming for retest and the sniffer up the exhaust wont detect any emissions and it fookin worked but itis a bit smokey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
You going to be driving down to Dorset to have it fitted Ben? Let me know how it goes as I might be doing the same to get mine serviced when I get back.

You going to be driving down to Dorset to have it fitted Ben? Let me know how it goes as I might be doing the same to get mine serviced when I get back.
Nope mainly because I can't drive my MOT failure car lol. I am having it delivered tomorrow and fitted at David Drew.

Fabia vrs tdi
you could drive it down just book it in for an mot at a garage down there and if the police stop u then u just say its booked in at whatever garage they call up and check then u call up and cancel it