ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 182 Turbo

SteveC_1879

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve had some brass shifter bushes sat in the garage for a while that I’d never got round to fitting. I read @Louis ’s thread earlier and it prompted me to pull my finger out. I gave them a quick rub with Emery cloth before fitting as I really didn’t want them stuck like a few people’s have been
28A26B0A-7428-4481-A652-81D83B98C24A.jpeg

Heat shield came off without any arguments, selector separated without any arguments and they fitted straight in. Couldn’t believe the spiteful french t**t didn’t make my life miserable.
223D0EEB-562A-47AA-8DA3-9C648BECE657.jpeg

I was going to go for a drive to celebrate but still only have 3 wheels on my wagon. I sat inside, made some car noises, all seems well so called it a job well done. This is how it’s still sat
24F9D77C-2276-44A4-A69B-F4A8134EFA27.jpeg

SteveC_1879

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Messed about with another few bits today. My front door speakers have died so all I’m left with is the shitty tweeters in the dash at the front so any music sounds terrible. I popped the dash top off and binned the tweeters. I’ve got some old alpine speakers so thought I’d throw them in the doors.

Popped the caps and it turns out there were already aftermarket speakers in there. Absolute Halfords special of a wiring job and another set of tweeters in the door. What sort of monster wants that much trebe
84506849-FD7B-469D-9A8B-18134BB3841E.jpeg

Binned the lot of the s**t and got the alpines in. Still sounds terrible cos it’s old and french and rattly but significantly less terrible than it did.
099A0DFC-1301-442E-A417-14210F10F80B.jpeg

My boost gauge light was wired into an ignition live so while the dash top was off I swapped that to feed from a live feed when the headlights come on. Little things that make a big difference!

New hub will be here in a few days and I can get some driving done before it goes into hibernation for the winter 😁

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Did you bin the speakers? Look like infinity components which were very alright a few years back, wonder if it was the god awful wiring which had failed rather than the speakers.... either way, improvement over non working dog s**t installed speaker (y)

Edit, with crossovers rattling about in the doors by the looks of it!

SteveC_1879

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Did you bin the speakers? Look like infinity components which were very alright a few years back, wonder if it was the god awful wiring which had failed rather than the speakers.... either way, improvement over non working dog s**t installed speaker (y)

Edit, with crossovers rattling about in the doors by the looks of it!

They are indeed and they were good back in the day! They are totally shot. The crossovers were in the bottom of the doors in a plastic bag which is a genius idea if it wasn’t for the fact doors get water in them and the bag traps the water on the crossover. All that was left was a bag of rusty s**t and ancient water 😂. The speakers themselves probably won’t come back to life. The connectors have gone brittle and snapped off and the coils are corroded too. One works with the wires held onto it and the other just sounds like a wet fart.

The alpines aren’t great but the sound is always nice and crisp with them. I really need a little under seat sub so I can put a hpf on the speakers and let them play in the range they are happy with. I’ve got a massive 12” vibe sub in the loft at my mams. Was half tempted to get it yesterday but then quickly remembered I’m not trying to pull 16 year olds and it’s not 2007 😂