ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 V Seat leon FR

Clio 182 cup
a 182 clio with a powerflow exhaust and a simota carbon air filter against a 150 BHP seat lean FR thats had a remap....what do you think will win in a drag race?

Swift Sport
My old Leon Cupra R 225 was nothing special... don't think you'd have too much trouble beating an FR.

...Top end he may beat you.

Swift Sport
After owning a 172 for 3 years the Leon felt "softcore", didn't feel sporty at all...

...More like a reps motorway car.

I'm not arguing with you though, it was a nice car :)

Had 172, now 182
One of my mates has got a 225 Cupra R with a stage two chip. Runs just under 300bhp, and the only way i can keep up is when its pissin down with rain cos he gets no traction!! lol. Otherwise, bye bye Clio.

One of my mates has got a 225 Cupra R with a stage two chip. Runs just under 300bhp, and the only way i can keep up is when its pissin down with rain cos he gets no traction!! lol. Otherwise, bye bye Clio.

these engines wont make 300 bhp with the standard turbo ,270 is about the limit ,you cant get 300 just with chipping,so chances are hes speaking out his ass.

p.s i agree standard they arent very quick ,even running breathing mods and re map they still arent anything special,cars just too heavy.

Clio MK 4
my mate has the 215 and i havnt raced it but been in it and it pulls much more than my 172. well i think it does maybe cause im passenger it feels quicker but im sure hed beat me.

when I had my only willy hybrid that was neck and neck with an LCR to about 80 when it then started to pull away.

My 172 is a tiny bit slower to 60 than the hybrid but better top end.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
My mate has a LCR 225 and it canes my 182 cup!

Indeed. Most LCR's 210's/225's will be remapped by now aswell. Can't wait to get mine done and head to the rollers! :evil:

When I was car shopping I spent a lot of time on SeatCupra.net - almost bought an LCR - just wasn't quite what I was looking for I decided in the end. Planning on going back though when I need something a little more practical - and it's SO going to BAS in York for a remap. One LCR I test drove had been remapped there - was running 260-270bhp and by christ it was fast. Like, proper mental fast. Pick a gear, any gear, foot down at any speed, and it just built speed undescribably well. Truely awesome it was.

I'd imagine in a straight line, a 225 LCR would be quicker than a 182 - not massively because they're a heavy car, but definately quicker. The one I drove was hard to launch well (although I did only try twice heh), big heavy FWDer and a lot of power. Impressive grip in the corners - not the fun factor of a 182 of course, but very, very grippy and confidence inspiring. In short, I liked it a lot :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Destroy is strong, the Leon would be quicker though once you got to the higher speeds, no doubt in my mind on that one. The remappped LCR (circa 270bhp) I drove would've been able to use the word destroy though in 3rd gear and above I think heh.

Dan

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
^Hahaha I'd pay to see that! Don't know about LCRs, but my brother's cup-packed 182 keeps up with megane 225s in a straight line and loses them in the twisties. But I agree, it's mostly down to the driver with cars of this performance level.

MCS R56
Destroy is strong, the Leon would be quicker though once you got to the higher speeds, no doubt in my mind on that one. The remappped LCR (circa 270bhp) I drove would've been able to use the word destroy though in 3rd gear and above I think heh.

Dan

I was owned good and proper by a remapped LCR. 3rd gear and it was gone. So what if they are heavier - they are a lot faster than a standard or even modded 182. To 60 - LCR wins. To 100 - LCR by a good 4 seconds. DESTROYED!

182 v FR is a different story. I can't see the FR catching you at any speed. Not on a drag anyway.