ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 cambelt - TwoTechs and Ren7oaks

Clio 197
Hi all,

My next service is now overdue; this is the 5 year service which will include cambelt. My car is a '56 plate on 36000ish miles.

I have been quoted the following which includes:
Service - oil change & filter, pollen filter (n/a), air filter (n/a), spark plugs, fuel/oil additives (requested not be done)
Cambelt - cambelt kit, aux belt, water pump

I was quoted:
TwoTechs Dartford - £756 all in Originally, now £639
Ren7oaks Sevenoaks - £820 all in Originally, now down to £700

Does anyone have any experience of the above garages? All feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated as its not always about going for the cheapest!

Thanks, Josh

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
they both get good feedback on here-

REN7 oaks - sean is an ex renault Master tech- not sure about 2 techs but I think they are

I would go Ren7 oaks- but thats just my opinion

S

Clio 197
Josh,

I have used Two Techs for a while now. Always good service.

Cheers Matt! I'm undecided who to go with, both getting good feedback! Ren7oaks have offered £675 now with a gearbox oil change included as well (I bought some redline stuff)

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
I've used both in the last year and, whilst I was happy with Ren7oaks, I'll continue using TwoTechs as they quoted a price up front for the job and then stuck to it (even though it sounds like it took an hour or two longer than anticipated).

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
I've used both in the last year and, whilst I was happy with Ren7oaks, I'll continue using TwoTechs as they quoted a price up front for the job and then stuck to it (even though it sounds like it took an hour or two longer than anticipated).

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
cant answer your original question, but unless your water pump is playing it, dont replace it. It works off the aux belt so can be changed a a later date if needed. Someone else confrim this as im not 100% up to speed witht eh 197 engine).

I'd throw a vote in for twotechs. Terry and Matt both really great guys, excellent customer service and great attitude to their work. Really know what they are talking about and very happy to talk you through everything in laymans terms (essential for me lol!).

Used them on 3 occasions now. They are both Renault RTE's (Renault Technical Experts - taken from their website), they were the mechanics at Renault Dartford before it closed and when it did they set up TwoTechs Indy garage. I've chatted to them in length about setting up as a trader on here, but Terry said he just doesn't have the time.

Last year they took on a 3rd tech to pick up the workload as they have got very popular and Renault Ilford has now shut down.

Not always the cheapest but highly recommended. Few other recommendations from the kent and SE london lot on here if you search for them.

:)