ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 on aftermarket managment content...

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Icarus,

Car is peaking at 202 HP at the fly, right? Can you please show me where the 18 HP gain is?

Instead of using ITG you might wanna try one of these or develop your own.

9e6575cf.jpg

Tuning high specific output naturaly aspirated engines will never results in big increases for small budgets. Kevs car has picked up around 18bhp/10% peak with what is essentialy cams and suitable engine control. That's a pretty cracking result in my book.

Expectations of 210 - 220bhp/large percentage gains from these engines with cams and minor work is unrealistic due to the already well optimisied engine design.

Clio
As per your comments on the Renault Sport forum then ;) As I said on there for every 100 people who genuinely like a project they'll always be one who thinks its s**t. :rasp:

Like the project. Can't quite appreciate the value for money.

its 18bhp gain over what the car ACTUALLY went in with.

Oh and if the gruppeM wasnt so over priced it would already be on a 197 ;)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
hey mate, the ITG maxogen (I am seeing it in one of the pics) cannot be counted as cheap right ? by the way I also got maxogen on my RS-1 ;)

its 18bhp gain over what the car ACTUALLY went in with.

Oh and if the gruppeM wasnt so over priced it would already be on a 197 ;)

172 5HED
Hi Icarus,

Car is peaking at 202 HP at the fly, right? Can you please show me where the 18 HP gain is?

Instead of using ITG you might wanna try one of these or develop your own.

9e6575cf.jpg
Ahh clearly you are the expert you appear to be, 197s DO NOT MAKE 197 BHP AS STD!!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
So why did you do yours then? Being the expert that you obviously are????

hey kevo, no offense we all have the same kind of problems. What I am saying is the gains n our cars are minimal, not specific to you.

Golf GTD Mk7
Look at the mods and labour to achieve the +18 Bhp. Cams, ECU, Inlet, loom, linkage, calibration etc.

32 is good really. You wouldn't get that with TB's on a 1*2. I spend just over 1K for 10bhp/15lbft. Unfortuantely with NA cars this is what you have to do. hense why more people are lightening rather than tuning.

172 5HED
lol and now the figure of £5k has come in??? so now people are telling me how much I have spent?? Love it!

Clio
hey kevo, no offense we all have the same kind of problems. What I am saying is the gains n our cars are minimal, not specific to you.

Correct. Whilst there is a whole load of mutual hot air being blown up peoples rear ends on this project, you actually get very little Bhp for lots of £ and this is just another example.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
170 HP you are getting is when you have problems with your car, am I right?

What are the average power figures for a Std 197? 190-193? I am asking?

You end up with 202 HP, cams + filter + standalone unit ?.....

Clio
lol and now the figure of £5k has come in??? so now people are telling me how much I have spent?? Love it!

Come on then. Give us a ball park figure if you wanted to go down a similar route without the development costs.

Just fitting the cams and having the ECU sitting on a bench in its box will be £2K.

bore off gasket...

kevo, you are happy fella and i know for a fact the car will be a weapon, just needs another 5434534bhp doesnt it, clownshoe.

172 5HED
cams+filter+standalone = only 5HP gain?
wasting your money i think.

you c**k!! It made 184 as STD so its a bit more than 5BHP, if you are going to post on someones thread then at least have half a clue what you are talking about!!

172 5HED
Come on then. Give us a ball park figure if you wanted to go down a similar route without the development costs.

Just fitting the cams and having the ECU sitting on a bench in its box will be £2K.

Will it???? Cam fitting £250, ECU "in a box" is £650 ish I think! So not quite 2k!

bore off gasket...

kevo, you are happy fella and i know for a fact the car will be a weapon, just needs another 5434534bhp doesnt it, clownshoe.

Indeed! I'll just put an electric SC on it :eek:

Golf GTD Mk7
can't believe you're getting abuse for spending your money. There is limited development on the 197/200 engine, so you've got to get some more power where you can. the chassis is very capable. what else do people expect you do to for better money?turbo?SC? You'll be talking 5k plus easy but then we're into a hole different debate. (presumably there isn't any developed yet :S)

Alright boys and girls calm down ;)

It's Kevs car and his project. He contracted us to build an electronics package that met his requirements for the car. Which we did.

Kev is a happy boy, we are a happy lot and the car drives brilliantly. I think that sums it up :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks good Kev, always liked you projects.

Get your sell a LSD next though ;)

As for the ppl saying there are little gains, personally i think the gains Kev have seen are good. And knowing the work/money we have put in to our Track car Id be pleased with the results kev has seen. Our car went from 160bhp-185bhp-200bhp and hopefully come january 220/30 bhp.

Top work Matt, i really need to find time to come down to TDF one day for a look about.

/Adrian

2005 Nissan Navara

Its not just about the INNITIAL outlay, consider in 6-12months time when he/if he wants more performance from the engine, this can be more easily be obtained as any further modifications can calibrated for with massive ease now, and reduced costs.

aside from that, 3-4k isnt a bad price for the % gains achieved, increase in reliability, increased flexibility etc...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Not really tho is he..If Kevs happy with the car then thats all that matters

been said before though, peak power is not that important...

its how it gets there...

power through the throttle and rpm sites is more important and is what makes a car fast and feel fast..

being able to put part throttle down on the motorway in 5th and the car pull strongly..... that kind of response is what you should expect from a well mapped kit like this.

Andy

Your also getting rid of the Euro 5 crap that hinders the engine and drivability massivly. It will be a much better car for it overall.

172 5HED
FFS, this was a great thread to start with. Now its just a slagging match

I expected it sooner TBH.

It seems some people have read a book or two and from the comfort of their armchairs they have become experts!

They dont understand that beneath the power gains its also on cable throttle and working fully on an aftermarket ECU, but of course, they could do better, obviously! :rolleyes:

And for the record I DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT BHP per ££ I earn good wedge and spend it as I wish, is it a jealousy thing for some poeple that I have money to spend?? Maybe what they should do is go and build this better car themselves?? Until then maybe they should shut the f**k up!

172 Race Car
Not many people will appreciate the effort and engineering thats gone into it as they are too hung up on the figures thay can tell people down the pub.

Personaly having seen it and knowing a little bit about whats been done and whats involved in doing something like this id be pleased if i was Kev

I expected it sooner TBH.

It seems some people have read a book or two and from the comfort of their armchairs they have become experts!

They dont understand that beneath the power gains its also on cable throttle and working fully on an aftermarket ECU, but of course, they could do better, obviously! :rolleyes:

And for the record I DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT BHP per ££ I earn good wedge and spend it as I wish, is it a jealousy thing for some poeple that I have money to spend?? Maybe what they should do is go and build this better car themselves?? Until then maybe they should shut the f**k up!

I thought you were poor?!?!? Discount column on your invoices getting deleted as we speak ;)