ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Mk3.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
9D309571-426C-438A-BA5F-87A171824062.png
Or this

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Have you seen this one? Popped up on Clio197.net, but advertised on eBay....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323178061869

I too have a thing for a 200, I think it’s just the way they look and their stance, they’re relatively rare too, at least around here.

I kinda want my 172 to break so I can get me a 200. Or chop in my daily for one, but I’m worried about practicality and comfort :smirk:.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I know the 200 is the better looking car - but you cant say the R26 is a bad looking car. Ive heard people say its ugly....i find it looks better from certain angles. Side angle looks much better than the back of it imo. Needs the R26R spoiler to finish it off though.

View attachment 1363217

LY R26 is 100% my next car. I love them. Agree with them needing the spoiler though.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah il get one fitted to my LY R26 this summer i think.

Oh, is that yours? I'm confused as your profile says you've got a 182 haha.

They do look great. I'll be in two minds whether to commit the sin of destickering it when I get one.

RS Clio 182
Oh, is that yours? I'm confused as your profile says you've got a 182 haha.

They do look great. I'll be in two minds whether to commit the sin of destickering it when I get one.

Thats not mine,but i do have one. I cant find where you can change your car on your profile?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If you can handle every tdi passing you on the dual carriageway while your dropping two cogs then the 200 is fine.

No doubt, they’re great on a ‘b road blast’ but for real world driving I don’t think think they’re all that.

They’re not good on juice.

They’re not fast anymore unless you’re driving like a penis.

Servicing costs are expensive for what it is.

I was always an Na fan boy and still am in some respects but modern turbo engines make so much more sense now for daily driving.

Clio RS 200
If you can handle every tdi passing you on the dual carriageway while your dropping two cogs then the 200 is fine.

No doubt, they’re great on a ‘b road blast’ but for real world driving I don’t think think they’re all that.

I was always an Na fan boy and still am in some respects but modern turbo engines make so much more sense now for daily driving.

I'd say it's really dependant on what sort of driving you're going to be doing as your daily commute or journey, I've just come from a BMW 123d which was great for cruising on a motorway or dual carriageway but as most of my commute is on B roads I was more than happy to sacrifice those moments of getting 45mpg on a dual carriageway.
There's no right answer here, just down to personal preference.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

There is a lot of sense in this. I do really like the 197/200, they are great cars and, if I wasn't doing many miles, I would certainly consider one. However, the above is true, modern turbocharged cars do make so much sense in the real world. Had many a debate with vtec fanboys I know who claim their cars are every bit as good as turbocharged ones, because their Type-R is as quick as a turbocharged equivalent. The thing is though, in the real world, where you're not revving it out in every gear, when you don't want to change down every time you change lanes, a modern turbocharged car is just 100x easier to live with.

Horses for courses at the end of the day though. We all like different things and are willing to compromise to different levels. If I wanted a daily hot hatch and wasn't doing a lot of miles, a 200 would definitely be on my shopping list.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 197 cup, it didn’t feel as fast as my 172s and 182s and I never got about 28mpg and I drive like a saint.

They do look good but you’re chopping a depreciation proof rb for a 200 that will be at 3k in two to three years.

I’d stick with the rb or go Megane.

The fact that you had a new 197 then around 50,000 1*2's since speaks volumes imo...!

197-200's can look amazing but they just look too much faster than they actually are and overly expensive to run with it... Should've done the r26 engine/box in them for perfection but as it stands I'd take an R26 over a 200 or probably just keep the 182 lol!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone driven the 197 and the 200, is the latter much better?

Was browsing and spotted this 197

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183169370241
That'll be very similar to the 200 in terms of how it drives mate. The gearbox will have different ratios to the first 197's, so should make it slightly better on fuel.
The 200 chassis is slightly better than the 197 though as they tweaked a few things.

Would you notice that? Doubt it tbh mate. I doubt many people, if anyone could!

Only downside I see to that car is no recaros, but they can be added if you wanted.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers.

Belts have been done at a local garage to him, was hoping Birchdown lol, but nope.

Seems okay in the pics

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mark. Not sure wether I’m just plucking at straws with that car. Looks to cheap for a start?. Or is that their money nowadays.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
S. 4. Avant.

All the room for female, baby and assorted goods.

This is probably a silly suggestion. But I’m sure you can make the math work
Until the chain rattle appears, and it's more economical to set the car on fire.

Sent from my typewriter using Tapatalk

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I may have missed it, but why wouldn't you go for a 5 door with a new born?

Sent from my typewriter using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gus