ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - Service or Sell

Storm Grey Clio 200
Hi Guys

Just looking for a little advice.

I am going to be selling the Clio in the next month or so. It's on a '60' plate registered 31/12/2010, so it's just had it's first MOT which it passed with flying colours. It's done just over 36k miles and the service light is currently on.
I guess my question is, would it be best to service the car before putting up for sale or sell it a little cheaper awaiting a service ? What are people's experiences of the 36k service is it generally just the £310ish to pay out or am I likely to be looking at discs, pads etc. bearing in mind everything was fine on the MOT.

Cheers

Danny

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't consider a car that was needing a service as if someone didn't spend the money when it was due a service what else did they neglect? that's my way of looking at it

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Is this a trick question?

If you want to sell it, get it serviced or expect people to be either;

- uninterested because they think you haven't bothered to mechanically maintain your car. God knows how long the service light could have been on (that's what they will think).

- knock you down more than the cost of the service because it's hassle and I refer you back to the point above.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get it serviced at an independent, keep the invoice, get them to stamp the book, bob's your monk house.

E92 325D
£300+ for a 36k service?! Where the hell are you going?!

It's an oil and filter change and a set of spark plugs!