ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup racer appreciation thread

Can anyone post the pic of the 197 thats got both rear wheels a good few foot off the ground under (what I imagine) is incredible breaking... Or someone photoshopped the lamp post out. Can't remember where I found it

If you are talking about the crash vid then it was a bump in the road that caused that.

4994218964_42bcf0b31b_b.jpg

1560848485_690aa8cc09_b.jpg

2468401839_8928f005d8_o.jpg

2712875579_25fa923d88_o.jpg

2461744289_9f055557c4_o.jpg

2396298099_2c66417c59_b.jpg

4979999196_6a763405cb_b.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Epic thread. :)

Would love a cup car one day but would have to put it back with the proper phase 1 front.

Clio 172 Cup
1560848485_690aa8cc09_b.jpg

Anyone see carl Bradley race in the scottish mini's btcc support race at the weekend? What a drive, couple more laps and he would have taken first position i think.

SG boost'd 200
You say about the bodywork with 197's having the 200's refitted, but that is not all. To race in the clio cup you must have the current 200 spec engine fitted...but it has to go off to be electronically sealed and with it power reduced down to nearer the 197 spec, Its crazyness! I have a friend in the clio cup and have worked with a couple of previous title winners on the clio cup. I'll try and get some pics of my friends car up, he's onto his 2nd car after writting the first off in that horrible shunt at the first round at brands!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Road going pre production 1.8 16 Valve with Blue printed engine, 'wide track', power steering removed, steel wheels and non sunroof shell.

Kit consisted of: 8 point Cage, up rated suspension, front camber, uprated rear torsion bars, exhaust, fire / ignition protection systems, under body guards, Plus brake scoops and alloys which came in 1992 along with a uprated cage!

Shame they never came with the fancy sequential box's!

Clio.
You say about the bodywork with 197's having the 200's refitted, but that is not all. To race in the clio cup you must have the current 200 spec engine fitted...but it has to go off to be electronically sealed and with it power reduced down to nearer the 197 spec, Its crazyness! I have a friend in the clio cup and have worked with a couple of previous title winners on the clio cup. I'll try and get some pics of my friends car up, he's onto his 2nd car after writting the first off in that horrible shunt at the first round at brands!

Mike Bushell? Nice chap.
He did well at the end of the season.
The white car is repaired and fully built up.

The cage from mark fish mk1 cup car went into my my 1 sprint car, and is now a trackday car.

Last edited:
  SG boost'd 200
Indeed that is mike, he's a great lad and I hope he has more success this season! I do believe he will be running with Westbourne this coming season! I have seen pics of the rebuilt car and it looks pretty mint!

Clio.
Good job they corrected his name on his overalls, hehe! We started to call him 'Basil'... thats right Westbourne should be looking after him.

172 exclusive no 172
all the 16v phase 1 pictured were right had drive , the clio phase 2*1 were left hand drive.... just an observation