ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dynamique 2004

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

Ive got a clio dynamique which was made dec 30th 2004(SM54), my question is this...

Where is the Temperature things? that senses the temp thats displayed beside the clock above the cd player? (as you can tell by this question.. i realy have no clue lol)

I said they are somewhere under the car... my friend says in the boot, Weve been discussing this for about 2months now... and I finally realised i must be closer than he is cos after i got a car wash done(power hoses), the temp was reading 19c.. and before the carwash it was reading 31, whos right? or if we are both wrong.. can someone tell me please.. its been bugging me lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

its on the wing mirror

on the passanger side - small nipple like object

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! oh my god.. that was REALY REALY bugging me.. it looks anoying lol!!

I must say im shocked.. thats the last place i expected it to be.. not only that but thats wot that little stupid thing is under the wing mirror... thanks man!! :D

Abarth 500

oh my god!!!!! finally i know what the nipple is aswell, thought it was a tracker for renault to keep an eye on us :p cheers

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

so am i right in thinking.. the temp it displays is the outside temp... ? the other day it was displaying something like 29c, and i didnt think it was that hot outside.. but inside the car was *beep*ing boiling! if it were the outside temp... then if im thinking this correctly.. while your driving it should drop the temp dramatically.. because the wind ? (which doesnt hapen?)

Used to have a Clio

OH MY GOD!!!! im so so so glad someones asked this question as its been bugging me for ages! and ive annoyed so many people asking where the temp sensor was!!!

and ive also wondered why theres a nipple on my wing mirror when the other side doesnt have it! and some clios dont have it at all! i thought they gave me a crap car!!! tho my wing mirror is finished in matt and not polished like some clios but mine is only an expression...so maybe thats why.
ARNOLD - our cars the same age! how much miles have you done on yours? ive done just under 6k (my insurance is for 10k a year - so im trying to keep it down!) i think im doin a lot on my car :-(

[Edited by muscleflex on 14 July 2005 at 9:54am]

Clio MK3 1.6 Dynamique

ye its weird, that little nipple thing bugged me ever since i got the car! Im realy pleased quite a few people found this usefull - well done me for asking! :D:D:D

Im still looking for an answer to the other question tho...

so am i right in thinking.. the temp it displays is the outside temp... ? the other day it was displaying something like 29c, and i didnt think it was that hot outside.. but inside the car was *beep*ing boiling! if it were the outside temp... then if im thinking this correctly.. while your driving it should drop the temp dramatically.. because the wind ? (which doesnt hapen?)

muscleflex: ive just touched over 5k mate

BMW M135i

Its definetly the outside temp, when I got in my car at work in the car park it was reading 34c. After driving about 5 miles down the road it was 29c, so it does seem to suffer from wind chill a bit. Though I think 29c was more accurate than 34c so I dont think it makes it incredibly inaccurate, I think because its black it just sits there in the sun getting red hot so it gives you a high reading until it cools to air temp.

Used to have a Clio

didnt even know it was on the hand book - i read it when i first got the car...but either its not on it or i missed it. have to have another look tonight!