ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio insurance - 1.8 16v Stylee *aii*

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Sorry no idea whats going on with the title lol

Anyways, Has anybody used Elephant.co.uk to insure there car? Up to now they seem to be the chepeast with a quote of . . . . "Wait for it" . . . . . . . . £1100 on a Clio 1.8 Valver

Im pretty impressed with that price to be honest, seeing as im only 21 with 2 yrs ncb and some points. Has anybody got theres cheper?

Toureg vW Transporte

yep, HIC im 21 with 3 ncb, in herefordshire, valver worth 4k , wheels and mods included and track day cover. 701 quid tpft,

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I went with a company i found In FASTCAR magazine.. (im female) i insured all my mods, and ive been driving a year with 1 years no claims, my insurance for my valver is £775.

Gay Clio 172 phs1

umm may be able to get it cheper then.. I do live in a dodgy area though. most other companys quoted 1600 lol

same as mate!!!!!! 21 no claims, first policy, fully comp with elephant 1300 quid

oh and they just footed a 2200 repair bill, ker ching!!!

silver valver/hybrid

i pay nearly a grand, but that is fully comp with 5 years protected no claims, im 22 and live in a pretty dodgy area too.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Rexy, Ive said it b4 and Ill say it again, go through your quote again but add a second driver, preferably a mid aged woman, with no pts/claims and watch your policy drop further. I do this every year with elephant even though the second driver has never driven my car or doesnt intend to.

Someone i know got a quote from elephant on a valver for around the same price. but when he phoned up to buy the insurance they said they couldnt do it because he said he was a student living away from home, even tho they quoted him on the internet as a student living away from home.

Also is that quote for 12months or 10months? Elephant have that 10month policy where u get your years no claims after just 10months. However this ncb only counts with elephant. Other companies dont count it as a years no claims apparantly. Just a warning...

Si

Gay Clio 172 phs1

I was wondering about that actually si. The price is with the 10 month acc scheme. Ill avoid that then and go for the 12mth like normal people. Im just adding my mum on my valver insurance lol

Revels Mum & Sister

I am with elephant 20 years old 3 years NCB, Pass plus and in a ver very low risk area. On the drive with Cat 1 £778 Fully comp!

Admiral qouted me £900 Fully Comp im 21 2 years no claims, but when i declared my mods they wanted £1400, so i ended up going with Adrian Flux and thats £1100 Fully comp all mods declared.

Gay Clio 172 phs1

Quote: Originally posted by Scott Wood on 22 July 2003

Admiral qouted me £900 Fully Comp im 21 2 years no claims, but when i declared my mods they wanted £1400, so i ended up going with Adrian Flux and thats £1100 Fully comp all mods declared.
They quoted me £1167 Tpft. Elephant quoted 1300 for 12 mths, I think thats the chepest im going to get. It must have something to do with the high crime area i live in. :(