ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

clio 182 trophy
spot on, regardless of how good or bad the box is its just not an option I would ever have wanted, not a problem with the likes of the golf GTI where you can choose!

Exactly mate! The decision makers at Renaultsport need to take their feet down from the desk, put their fags out and make some serious changes! They know they have dropped a clanger with this one!

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Exactly mate! The decision makers at Renaultsport need to take their feet down from the desk, put their fags out and make some serious changes! They know they have dropped a clanger with this one!

They couldn't give a flying fcuk with the bonuses they probably got

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
We haven't taken it in the UK.

There is a demand for those special editions in other countries believe it or not. They aren't just created for the sake of it. But not suited to UK market most of the time.

Cheers for clarifying. Genuine question now and i appreciate you might not be able to answer. Will we ever see the return of decent finance offers similiar to the Meg 250/Clio 200 launches to boost UK sales, or do they genuinely not care enough about the UK market to offer decent incentives anymore?

It's been almost 3yrs now since the £999, £199.

Would this sort of decision be a RUK responsibility, or is it more a central Renault decision as to which market they promote?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Cheers for clarifying. Genuine question now and i appreciate you might not be able to answer. Will we ever see the return of decent finance offers similiar to the Meg 250/Clio 200 launches to boost UK sales, or do they genuinely not care enough about the UK market to offer decent incentives anymore?

It's been almost 3yrs now since the £999, £199.

Would this sort of decision be a RUK responsibility, or is it more a central Renault decision as to which market they promote?

I'm not in a position to answer in any detail, but I know that you won't ever see a £1k down, £200 p/m deal on the new Clio Renaultsport. It's not possible to do that profitably on the Mk4.

There are offers on the Megane at the moment, http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/meganerenaultsportoffers, all be it with a high deposit.

Nissan 350z
Cheers I appreciate the 999 down 199 has been and gone I wouldnt expect that with todays prices. I was just using that as a reference point for the "last good finance deal" that was jumped on.

Yeah spotted those thanks but the large deposit seems to offset any benefit.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps Renaultsport could do a track day for Cliosport members, when its not raining, so we could all have a good go in one, as you are hardly going to drive a car fast on a dealer test drive. I will wait and see what the promised cup/gordini looks like but it will have to be good to make Suzanne part with her racy blue 197 she loves it. We both wanted the new car to make us feel like the Smurf but it fell well short and why you would need a screen etc in an RS model is beyond me. We dont want a boring BMW or a gadget laden Fiesta ST wake up Renaultsport. :race:

Behave Ian! Renault don't want to sell them or let people test drivers especially not the young people who are in a position to buy! Common sense eh'.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The sad thing is that when I drove it, apart from me not understanding the gearbox properly /r****d, and the steering wheel being too thick, I felt it was a really really good car to drive at the limit.

The chassis felt brilliant, I even got a bit of oversteer. The car felt really good, its a shame more people haven't driven them before stating their opinions.

I have driven one, they have grown on me a bit, still couldn't work out the difference between the models though. Asked the salesman if it was actually the RS, he then went round the front of the car to check himself haha.

Other than that, the interior is a fair bit better than old & the engine is good.

Gearbox however is sh*t! & ruined the whole car IMO

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
STs are gadget laden? Versus the equivalent late Mk3 Clio 200, they're pretty much the same...unless I'm missing something?

The ST feels lightyears ahead of the 200 when you spec it up.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have cruise control, I don't have auto lights/wipers, I don't have keyless entry all of which I had on my standard 200.

I'm just curious as to what my ST carries that makes it gadget laden compared to my/most 200s?

DAB radio?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Voice controlled everything. I'm not talking standard simply specced up. Great audi/nav set up.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have cruise control, I don't have auto lights/wipers, I don't have keyless entry all of which I had on my standard 200.

I'm just curious as to what my ST carries that makes it gadget laden compared to my/most 200s?

DAB radio?

When you purchased Mark, I believe that cruise control wasn't an option on the ST which they have now added. But were the EATC and auto lights/wipers options? Or have they been added since?

I've noticed a lot of companies have made climate control an option now whereas it was standard spec 5-10 years ago.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
EATC has been an option from the outset, auto-wipers/lights is a recent addition though, 'Comfort Pack' I think. There was also added a 'Convenience Pack' which I think adds folding mirrors, keyless entry and parking sensors.

So you can spec it up to a similar level as a Clio 200, but apart from having voice control and a heated windscreen, it has/can have very little that the Mk3 Clio 200 had either as standard or as options.

It certainly isn't gadget laden LOL.

I'd reserve that description for the 200T with it's tablet with monitor, various driving settings etc.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Which is why it is surprising that Ford's flagship model is poorly specced as standard when cruise control, EATC and auto lights/wipers are standard on the titanium model.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Which is why it is surprising that Ford's flagship model is poorly specced as standard when cruise control, EATC and auto lights/wipers are standard on the titanium model.

It'll be for pricing purposes I'd have thought...helps them keep the list price at a level that makes the alternatives seem outrageously expensive instead of just a bit more expensive.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yep, you got me, of course having controls to pause/play/skip/aux makes it gadget laden.
[h=3]ST Style Pack[/h]Includes 17" Rado Grey Alloy Wheels (17x5"), Illuminated Scuff Plates, Red Brake Callipers
£275

Im sure on the fiesta st forum they would appreciate people posting how good the clio rs is. imo :race:

TBH voice control is rubbish. Had it on both of my most recent cars, current included. I never use it. It's awful. Rather press a button. My current steed has programmable macro buttons. Far more useful.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
TBH voice control is rubbish. Had it on both of my most recent cars, current included. I never use it. It's awful. Rather press a button. My current steed has programmable macro buttons. Far more useful.

I was sceptical at first, but the Ford SYNC works very well. It rarely misinterprets what I ask for, and apart from her sounding like she's asking questions instead of confirming requests, I can't fault it at all.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the way it works. I personally just find it completely pointless. Get quicker results by pressing a button.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well, for me I use it mostly for choosing an album/artist/genre from a library of 5,000 songs, so speaking the instruction is far easier. I'd never have my eyes on the road otherwise.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
ST Style Pack

Includes 17" Rado Grey Alloy Wheels (17x5"), Illuminated Scuff Plates, Red Brake Callipers
£275

Im sure on the fiesta st forum they would appreciate people posting how good the clio rs is. imo :race:

The style pack for so long was a free option included with all new car orders.