ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I hate the way it looks. Hate.

Still going to test drive one, but that small capacity, turbocharged Nissan lump is probably the least 'Renaultsport' addition to the car. Sad times.

It's the way the industry is moving and can only mean good things in the long run. Even the new civic type R is 1.6 turbo (250bhp) and 5 door only.

It's good as the legislation drives innovation bottom line. It will be fantastic I'm sure :)

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I hate the way it looks. Hate.

Still going to test drive one, but that small capacity, turbocharged Nissan lump is probably the least 'Renaultsport' addition to the car. Sad times.

Like I say before from a member of a Frrench forum worker in Renault Sport, OK the engine is from Nissan (normal now for economical reasons in big trusts all the brands share their "products") but the engineers of RS have well modified the engine into a pure RS engine (before they did the same with engines from Renault)

After, it is official, read in this French newspapers :
Yesterday the last Clio 3 RS mk2 was produced in the factory of Dieppe and the first Clio 4RS are being built in pre-production
Commercialization expected in February 2013 ---> http://www.lesinformationsdieppoise...e-prepare-a-fabriquer-la-nouvelle-clio-sport/

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Like I say before from a member of a Frrench forum worker in Renault Sport, OK the engine is from Nissan (normal now for economical reasons in big trusts all the brands share their "products") but the engineers of RS have well modified the engine into a pure RS engine (before they did the same with engines from Renault)

After, it is official, read in this French newspapers :
Yesterday the last Clio 3 RS mk2 was produced in the factory of Dieppe and the first Clio 4RS are being built in pre-production
Commercialization expected in February 2013 ---> http://www.lesinformationsdieppoise...e-prepare-a-fabriquer-la-nouvelle-clio-sport/

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lesinformationsdieppoises.fr%2F2012%2F10%2F23%2Fl%25E2%2580%2599usine-alpine-de-dieppe-se-prepare-a-fabriquer-la-nouvelle-clio-sport%2F&act=url

English... :)

Ad

MK2 FRS

Looks awesome. It is the box which would bother me most, but without driving it, it is impossible to common.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Not directly new informations about the Clio 4RS but on the rebirth soon of the legendary brand ALPINE (I remember that the factory in the city of Dieppe where are built the Renault Sport is the old legendary factory of Alpine and the brand that we can see is really "Renault Sport-Alpine"

I hope that the translation in English of this French new is good ^^

-----------------------------------------

Renault is expected to announce soon the rebirth of Alpine

Alain-Gabriel Verdevoye | 29/10/2012

Renault is expected to announce the revival of the famous legendary sports brand. The new Alpine would be a partnership with the British manufacturer Caterham (^^). But it should be assembled in the historic French factory in the city of Dieppe in Normandy.

Renault expected to announce the revival of the famous sports brand Alpine, according to our information. The announcement could even early November. Resurrection desired by Carlos Tavares, Chief Operating Officer of the Renault motor sport enthusiast. Finally some good news in the automotive landscape quite devastated French these days. The car would be a partnership with the French Caterham, according to our sources. This small sports manufacturer founded in the late '50s only produces about 400 vehicles a year, but it is deemed a real know-how in the field of sports ultra-light. Despite this partnership, the final assembly of the new Alpine Renault - since this should be the official name of the new label - would be guaranteed a priori by the factory in Dieppe Normandy ... historic birthplace of the brand.

A price of 35 to 40,000 €
For this new iconic car, which takes the label world rally champion in the early 70s, "the target is priced around 35 to 40,000 euros," according to the information we had gathered internally in July. The vehicle may develop "200-250 horses," remain quite light weighing "1.2 to 1.3 tonne" only, with dimensions very contained "less than 4.30 meters long." This Alpine "look like the berlinetta A 110 (the legendary car of the 60s and early 70s)," further stated recently latribune.fr the boss of Renault Design, Laurens van den Acker, who stated: "Mini and Fiat 500 are two good examples. " A word ... For the first time, a French manufacturer would therefore be the "retro" on the basis of its historical models. The car can reach the market within three years, that is to say in the middle of the decade. Renault had already tried to recreate the brand previously. Three projects have emerged since the 90s, without ever crossing the stage until the green light, lack of profitability achieved.

A history dating back to 1955
Created by a Renault dealer, Jean Rédélé, Dieppe (Seine Maritime) Alpine lived forty years of history and passion ... turbulent. It all started in 1955 with a small coupe, unveiled at Paris under the name "Alpine Thousand Miles" which was based on a modest basis 4CV. Berlinette A108 was unveiled to its share in 1960. Vehicle key, which will serve as a basis for A 110. She became the French sports car par excellence, relatively expensive, difficult to drive, cramped, but with a phenomenal lightness and agility . These are assets that will allow Porsche to effectively counteract much more powerful. Alpine finally wins the World Rally title in 1973. The heyday.

The failure of the French Porsche
Porsche to become the French talked about already Rédélé John wants a car larger, richer, less difficult to drive. The A310 will be presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1971. Poorly finished, with a motor less noble than the competition, it will not be the genius of the berlinetta, despite its undeniable qualities. A too fat, Alpine loses its basic features (compactness, lightness, simplicity). The decline began. The A310 will be replaced in 1985 by the GTA. Meanwhile, Renault Alpine has recovered and added to a small R5 Alpine range in the mid 70s. This simple R5, just more powerful and slightly modified compete (poorly) the new Golf GTI. In 1991, Renault released the A610 with a 250-horsepower turbocharged V6. Las. Sales remain confidential. In France, the market does not carry GT because of dissuasive taxation (already!) and speed limits. And abroad, the Alpine name no longer evokes nothing, because the brand was withdrawn at the end of 70 years of the competition. To make matters worse, the quality and reliability are really bad. So, in 1995, Renault announced the end of Alpine, in a full indifference.

An orange one

Looks good in those press shots

Interior is awesome

Still too many doors :(

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Not the RS but interesting too
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-high-rec&v=X5TZafDynIY[/video]

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Potential to be good video there, but spoilt by the crap dubstep and the trying-to-be-gymkhana style filming.

Car looks great though.

MCS R56

Everything looks good apart from the front end. It's like a snake's mouth or something, just needs a tongue poking out the front.

Not sure about the speedo and taco set-up either.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

When I spoke to my local dealer they said they're not getting the non RS versions in until February time so the RS probably won't be in until at least the summer.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

When I spoke to my local dealer they said they're not getting the non RS versions in until February time so the RS probably won't be in until at least the summer.
Sorry I don't understand very well the English language but in France we can try and buy the non rs since several weeks and I thought it is the same thing in the whole Europe ?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Not yet here in England. There are no demo cars in any dealers yet as far as I'm aware.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Not yet here in England. There are no demo cars in any dealers yet as far as I'm aware.
Oh i don't knew that... Thus only in France in all Europe I suppose now one can try and buy a non Rs version ... Hum... Cross over the channel the guys ! ^_^

Evo

I was in France on the weekend and saw a black Clio 4 parked up, went and had a nosey.

I can confirm it looks much better in the flesh :cool:

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I live in the South of France and so very far to invit you in my home and to go in the Renault dealer of my town see and try a non RS version, it show for that 3 non rs but maybe for the rs version in 3 months why not ^^

08 197, 11 Navara V6

I've been invited to the Clio event night at ashford Renault this month ;)

So have I, the salesman on the phone from Motorline didn't have any details on the RS but I thought id go along just to check the car out in general!
How expensive is the RS going to be because wont they be getting to close to the boundaries of the Megane..... i mean i would rather spend the extra cash to keep the 2.0L unit, and the coupe chassis..... I don't want a family car.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

So have I, the salesman on the phone from Motorline didn't have any details on the RS but I thought id go along just to check the car out in general!
How expensive is the RS going to be because wont they be getting to close to the boundaries of the Megane..... i mean i would rather spend the extra cash to keep the 2.0L unit, and the coupe chassis..... I don't want a family car.

Pricing and spec is released in Feb.

172 Ph.1, 255 Ph.2

I'm working at a big transission manufacturer and have to see that new clio rs every day (in black color)

Sidelooks are ok.
Those small rear lights on the back are something i have to get used to.
Reminds me of a Cupra.

But god damn....that frontend looks so wrong, i cant describe how deformed it looks.
The diamond should have half of the size it has, what the hell were they thinking?
It got almost the size of my Ph1 headlights -.-
Pure ugly.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I'm glad they have taken the leap towards turbo charging and still a bit scunnered they're leaving high revving n/a engines at the same time.

Emissions simply will not entertain highly strung n/a engines anymore which is sad but exciting for turbo/super charging propsects. Its not the engine thats where my concern lies but more the gearbox, i really want it to work. I have faith!

MCS R56

I'm glad they have taken the leap towards turbo charging and still a bit scunnered they're leaving high revving n/a engines at the same time.

Emissions simply will not entertain highly strung n/a engines anymore which is sad but exciting for turbo/super charging propsects. Its not the engine thats where my concern lies but more the gearbox, i really want it to work. I have faith!

Should please the modders too, being a turbo.