ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Had my 182 from new for the last eight years and covered many a happy mile. This ones got 5 doors and is easier to get the Mrs on side don't plan on doing anything major to it this time around either so here's to another 8 years (got to get your monies worth back) ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at financial suicide.

Maybe some are comfortable with the depreciation. Maybe some plan on keeping it for a long time so it all balances out in the end.

If you buy one planning to sell it on in 12-18 months you'd obviously be a bit of a tool.

RB182cup&golf gti
I've had my cup from new, 9 yrs this year, so depreciation wasn't a problem. 22k is steep IMO for one of these and no doubt they will lose value quickly. As said, not a massive problem if you plan to keep, but circumstances could change or you could end up hating it and wanting rid, so foolish to overlook depreciation.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Renault Dealer couldn't match the price I had been given so....

Ordered mine today for delivery September cause I'm a new plate snob (well you have to get the max six months out of it being a new plate) :D

And will be sorry to see the 182 put out to pasture :cry:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You found a dealer that could quote?

In response to me asking if they could start talking prices and actually take an order mine came back with...

Hello Mark.

Not sure where the information is coming from but I cannot see anything along those lines my end?

Clio Renault Sport EDC codes are not available and there is no published date as to when customer ordering will be open.

Regards

John
Sales Manager

LOL

Renault through and through.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thought the EDC specs were supposed to be released today along with the dealers having the listings for both the EDC and the Lux version available. It took the local Renault dealer three hours to get back to me saying they couldn't match the price I was given.
Co-ordinated launch not going to plan.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe you're ordering one without having even seen one in the flesh never mind driven one!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe you're ordering one without having even seen one in the flesh never mind driven one!

Seen one in the flesh?

I've seen and climbed all over/inside/outside several mk4s in the flesh...not specifically any with RS200T trim or engines though...does that matter?

Not actually driven?

Again, does that matter? A recent thread on here would suggest that to many (myself included) it doesn't.

To you, it sounds like it does.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive bought all 3 of my RS clios without driving them, isn't an issue for me, as they never disappoint.

this one however id probably want a shot due to how "different" it is with the box and engine, just to make sure I get on with it

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Seen one in the flesh?

I've seen and climbed all over/inside/outside several mk4s in the flesh...not specifically any with RS200T trim or engines though...does that matter?

Not actually driven?

Again, does that matter? A recent thread on here would suggest that to many (myself included) it doesn't.

To you, it sounds like it does.

So you haven't seen or driven a 200t in the flesh then?

yes it would matter to me, I can't see how you can imagine yourself living with something if you haven't even touched one.

It just doesn't make sense

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fair play on ordering one! It'll be great.
What colour you gone for?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So you haven't seen or driven a 200t in the flesh then?

yes it would matter to me, I can't see how you can imagine yourself living with something if you haven't even touched one.

It just doesn't make sense

I can see how many would feel that way, especially as it seems to have lost some of its 'edge'.

Me?

5-doors, 45mpg, and an option of an auto box whilst retaining a mobile rear end and being playful enough if required...pretty much perfect.

I did the same with my 172 Cup...bought it blind, loved it for 8 years.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I can see how many would feel that way, especially as it seems to have lost some of its 'edge'.

Me?

5-doors, 45mpg, and an option of an auto box whilst retaining a mobile rear end and being playful enough if required...pretty much perfect.

I did the same with my 172 Cup...bought it blind, loved it for 8 years.

So what happens if you just don't click with this one then? Just because you loved your 172 doesn't mean you will the 200t, it is a radically different car. Talk about financial suicide

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is auto an option now? Have I missed this somewhere? Sorry if I have :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So what happens if you just don't click with this one then? Just because you loved your 172 doesn't mean you will the 200t, it is a radically different car. Talk about financial suicide

Is it really radically different though? Compared to the last one;

It has 5 doors...perfect with 10 and 5 year old kids in tow.

It has a turbo charged engine that can give 45mpg. That'll make me a true man according to Roy and makes the accountant in me very happy.

It has an EDC 'box. The option of an auto 'box makes me happy, the option of manual paddle shifts in 150 milliseconds does too - regardless of what the press say.

It has RS handling DNA - well, it does according to the likes of Chris Harris who's usually pretty spot on. That makes me happy.

So, all in all, it makes me happy...hence why I'm going to order one.

If I genuinely don't 'click' with it, bad luck me as it'll be my ride for the next 5 years at least.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
There will always be those that hate it and those that love it, we must learn to get along with each other - that how wars start :p

Driven the standard one loved it, seen the standard one loved it (obviously not fussed on the front end but that's not gonna be my problem). I bought my 182 without test driving one because the handling on my 1.4 Dynamique was great and renaultsport delivered. We're not all on here to throw our cars around a track or attempt to make girls clothes fall off with handbrake turns, lowered suspension and loud exhausts. As much as I love my 182 being lowered it has proved more trouble than it was worth having to use 2 jacks in order to change a wheel is OTT. So this one is staying standard running gear wise as the next car I get will be a second hand one many years down the line - that was the Mrs condition on me ordering :eek:.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it really radically different though? Compared to the last one;

It has 5 doors...perfect with 10 and 5 year old kids in tow.

It has a turbo charged engine that can give 45mpg. That'll make me a true man according to Roy and makes the accountant in me very happy.

It has an EDC 'box. The option of an auto 'box makes me happy, the option of manual paddle shifts in 150 milliseconds does too - regardless of what the press say.

It has RS handling DNA - well, it does according to the likes of Chris Harris who's usually pretty spot on. That makes me happy.

So, all in all, it makes me happy...hence why I'm going to order one.

If I genuinely don't 'click' with it, bad luck me as it'll be my ride for the next 5 years at least.

Radically different yes IMO. Different body shape (5doors) different suspension setup, different box, different engine. It is essentially a new car not a progression of the old one. That would be enough for me to reconsider buying one off the cuff even if I had enjoyed a valver, 172 and 200 before it.

Just a change of engine alone can transform a car, just ask anyone who has put a vag engine in a Clio or even a f4rt in a Clio. Its like a completely different car

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If you don't mind me asking Steve, one of there PCP deals or finance, or cash

Just went with their finance on the remainder of the balance as the APR was the same as the bank and if the bank lowers their APR then time to play the swap game on finance
PCP is of no use to me high miler.

RB182cup&golf gti
Just went with their finance on the remainder of the balance as the APR was the same as the bank and if the bank lowers their APR then time to play the swap game on finance
PCP is of no use to me high miler.

Arghhhh, why am I now tempted to chop in our 1.2??! I do no need another car. So how much have you managed to knock off then?

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Saving of £3,251.06 of the list price - the cup chassis is a freebie aswell then banging off another £6k in cash leaving approx £13K for finance very affordable. no doubt a few months down the line there will be massive discounts on somewhere but I can live with that.

I've decided I really like it. I think it looks smart and will be great to drive. Prices and depreciation are a personal thing.

The launch has been embarrassing though. Typical Renault.

RB Clio 182
Does this spoiler come with the cup pack or is it a totally different option?

Cupspoiler_zps8c571074.jpg

I wouldnt mind one with all options, im liking them more and more tbh.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Different option - the cup pack is red painted brakes, 18" Black gloss wheels and stiffer suspension along with the Dunlop rubber shoes
It's off the cup racer but I'm sure it'll be an option a few months down the line or available from Renault

RB Clio 182
Different option - the cup pack is red painted brakes, 18" Black gloss wheels and stiffer suspension along with the Dunlop rubber shoes
It's off the cup racer but I'm sure it'll be an option a few months down the line or available from Renault

​Thanks mate, i like it but ill probably be the only one that does.

RB182cup&golf gti
Saving of £3,251.06 of the list price - the cup chassis is a freebie aswell then banging off another £6k in cash leaving approx £13K for finance very affordable. no doubt a few months down the line there will be massive discounts on somewhere but I can live with that.

Thanks for the info. Good saving considering its only just become available to purchase

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think 45mpg is optimistic. Should certainly be better than the current 200 though

Is the published combined figure of 34mpg on the current 200 overly optimistic?

Most would say it is, but that is exactly what I've averaged over my ownership (27k miles so far).

So why wouldn't I also hit the combined figure in the new car assuming my commute stays the same?