ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio megane turbo 99% done,311bhp 375lb torque !!!!!!!

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
At last it's took a year but its almost ready,k tec did their magic yet again, the only turbo clio k tec know of that still uses the vvt engine with the megane turbo, its not been easy but the results even took the guys at k tec by surprise, the car had a mapping session last week on their brand new rolling road and it made 311 hp and 375 lb of torque at only 1.2 bar of boost, when the car is done and I am 100% happy with the finished car just a couple of things to finish off on the wish list, I will post everything about the whole project when it is ready, but none of this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the full team at k tec, faultless in every situation, again in a couple of weeks the whole episode of the ups and downs of trophy 475 home build will be posted, hopefully producing a little more power with one more mapping session, cheers Darren

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
I did it myself, when I wasn't sure Sean Martin at k tec gave me advice but it wasn't straight forward as they didn't know anyone who had done it with the megane turbo unit, I was always after low end torque that the modern megane turbo gave and jesus it pulls out of the corners hard with no lag and diff doing a good job, cheers

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi, yes ARP rod bolts, I have been advised that if I go for rod and pistons I will be able to run @ 1.5 bar BUT because of the torque it produces it would run about 350hp and over 400lb of torque and the box wont like that sort of torque so I am in two minds to do this as I will be tracking it a lot and I want it reliable.

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
K tec stage 1 hybrid, but there is a reason for this, on the build I damaged a couple of fins on the veins on the standard turbo and it was a £100 more for a hybrid so for the sake of a hundred quid and more power for same boost levels I had to do it.

172,scenic, trafic
I am a bit confused by this.lol. by saying he is using the vvt engine I assume he just means still using vvt. Don't megs use vvt anyway?

'03 172, E39 M5
I'm assuming he means a Clio engine using the variable timing, but with a custom turbo set-up from the Megane? More detail would be good though, sounds like good numbers :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Heard about this monster Turbo'd Trophy from Glenn, and thought awesome have to see this beast!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Heard about this monster Turbo'd Trophy from Glenn, and thought awesome have to see this beast!!!

Sure its not stevie haswell's trophy he was talking about? Last time it was RR'd it was 385bhp, next time its on the rollers who knows what power it will make ;)

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Hi, yes ARP rod bolts, I have been advised that if I go for rod and pistons I will be able to run @ 1.5 bar BUT because of the torque it produces it would run about 350hp and over 400lb of torque and the box wont like that sort of torque so I am in two minds to do this as I will be tracking it a lot and I want it reliable.

Just ARP rod bolts running 311BHP on a F4RT. Risky no? Either way I bet it's fast. I still say I'd love a turbo'd clio one day.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like a cool project. Nice one :)

The MWMsport turbo also uses the standard 172 VVT with a turbo conversion though, so not sure why ktec think its anything particuarly new TBH!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Megane 250's have VVT as well.

Hope you enjoy changing gearboxes! As with that kind of torque and the usual agressive power delivery of a megane set up you'll be destroying them on the road, never mind the track....

Anyway welcome to the 300+Bhp club :D

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi, got to admit, when it comes on boost it is savage, it felt like my 400 hp evo, bearing in mind that developed 391lb @ 1.8 bar of boost and clio is only 1.2 bar

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Surely this level of power in a front wheel drive would just give vast amounts of torque steer? (Not saying I wouldnt want one myself, just wondering?!)