ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 182 details

Ziel Nurburgring

Why bother with 182? They are already behind now with the Mini S Works knocking out 200bhp. Should have taken it higher, to around 200bhp, or at least have an upgrade from Rsport if you wanted to have nearer that figure. Give it 2 weeks and there will be a 192........

It is somewhat easier to increase the power output of a car with either a turbo or supercharger. Plus the small matter of BMW charging £3500 to get to 200bhp

Weeman sucks ****

I think 172 roles off the tongue pefectly, its a number with cult status just like the car.

As VW said, "some things are best left alone"

Ziel Nurburgring

Like the murphys, im not bitter. I havent even had a go in mine over 5Krpm, so 172 or 182, makes no difference. My point was tom, if your after the title of "most powerful" hothatch, 182 falls short of the comp before it starts. Granted, Turbos and Schargers are easier to pump, just a shame that there isnt an option with better cams, chips, filters from renault.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not really mate.

do a performance per buck test.

see what you get.

(add to that equipment and features)

dk

911 GTS Cab

someone I work with has a Cooper S Works on order and has paid £24,000 for the privilege and to get it up to the same spec as the Clio 182! Value for money compared with performance, you cannot beat the Clio.

Ziel Nurburgring

I wasnt knocking the 182. The girl next to me at work got an S the day before i got mine, and that cost her a cool 18K! But its nice to have the option of approved parts to get you more power and not void the warranty

someone I work with has a Cooper S Works on order and has paid £24,000 for the privilege and to get it up to the same spec as the Clio 182! Value for money compared with performance, you cannot beat the Clio.

£24k...... Are you sure mate?? Is it plated with gold??

Was watching Topgear last night and they reviewed all the tuned S models. I think the Works car came in at around £18k.

Even still i still support your comment about the clio being good value for money.

The works version is quick and i dont know if a clio with 180bhp would match it.

I have just checked that link and where did you get that 20+ figure from. Ive just noticed it for £14,605 on the road.

Clio v6

I congifured my options to include JUST SOME of the toys a 182 has ( ok I went a bit mad LOL but its possible )

General

Price

MINI COOPER S 1.6 4-CYL 16V
£14,605.00

Electric Blue Metallic
£250.00

Leather GRAVITY-Black
£890.00

17" S-Spoke Alloy Wheels
£370.00

Air Conditioning Auto
£830.00

Automatic Stability Control
£0.00

Central Rev. Counter
£0.00

Chrome-Line Exterior
£60.00

Chromed Mirror Caps
£0.00

Darkened Glass
£100.00

Elec Panoramic Glass Roof
£500.00

Front Seat Heating
£185.00

Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi
£350.00

Heated Mirrors/Washerjets
£40.00

Interior Light Pack
£80.00

Interior Trim,Wood Effect
£70.00

MINI Cooper S S/Wheel
£0.00

Multi-function on S/Wheel
£160.00

Pass. Seat Height Adj.
£100.00

Radio BOOST
£0.00

Remote Control Alarm
£0.00

Roof&Mirror Caps in White
£0.00

Satellite Navigation
£1,410.00

Single MD Player
£135.00

Smoker Package
£0.00

Sports Seats
£0.00

Sports suspension PLUS
£0.00

Storage Compartment Pack
£50.00

Top Tint Windscreen
£50.00

Trip Computer
£0.00

Velour Floor Mats
£50.00

White Bonnet Stripes
£50.00

Total Price
£20,335.00

dk

911 GTS Cab

The 18K quoted on Top Gear is the base Cooper S with the Works pack, you still need to add all the toys such as climate, wheels etc and trust me, its easy to reach 24K

Lad25 - My 172 has been ordered through Renault Wolverhampton, got a deal for £13150, It reaches the dealer on Friday and I am going to cancel it then to order the 182 (they have agreed I can do this and I wont even lose my deposit!) but only once I have seen the paint options as I like the sound of Black Gold, but need to see a pic first!

So if anyone wants a 172 in Monaco Blue with CD Changer, theres going to be 1 for sale next week at Renault Wolverhampton!

Buy a Cup at discount (got mine for £10300) & then stick a 50hp nitrous bottle on it- kit for £300-500. Cheapest way to BHP per £ & surely 50hp isnt going to crack the engine in two .

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Problem with doing that is, the power isnt always there, and you have to pay to keep refilling, also Nos is a staight line kind of power... Id much rather have 30hp available all the time, and which comes on gradually and naturally...not like a huge kick in the back

Aye too true. I am spending too much time with my younger brother who drives a 79 ChevvyCamaro 350 small block V8- hes always harping on about NO2

You should see this thing go!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

The new Price list containing the Clio 182 was released last week, but they didnt have a brochure yet, not even a colour guide!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Jeremy, Do you have any examples of the new colours anywhere please as I am about to order a 182 but am torn between the colours not having seen them? Do you know whether Black Gold is going to be the same as Metallic black but rather than shining Silver it will shine Gold?

Theres a picture (albeit Photoshopped) of a silver 182 in this weeks Auto Express, doesnt have the anthracite wheels or cup stylee spoiler, still looks pretty good though.

Article also features a picture of a new Clio gearknob with optional wood trim - looks particularly stylish!

Just found the picture of the silver one in the Video and Pics forum under 182 offical pictures. If I knew how, I would paste it across...