ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

rs r27
original 200
25p343o.jpg

200 ideal for me........
290pz4y.jpg

or.... always by me..
6f9vuh.jpg

which you prefer?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
25gutte.png

2q81003.png

I know what i'll be sticking with tbh!!!!

Is that bottom pic an RS though Gaz?

A shame that manufacturers are so insistant on pulling back the headlights further and further. Next year they will be as far back as the petrol cap and the bulbs will be like strip lights.

I say 'to f**k' with health and safety and lets get a return of the F40/MX5/Celica pop-up headlights. :D

D.

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep, as per gaz's post...197 looks so much nicer from the front imo.
they have ruined the front end on the 200! rest of it looks good tho.

SLK 350
iirc the Alien green is only available on the clio 200.

Then it does indeed from that photo look pap.

Where's the fogs, and front diffuser though, it maybe a 200, but comparing it to the Geneva shots It doesn't look the finished article.

Yup, that pic is far from the finished article.

You can find whatever pics you want to try and make something look worse from comparing angles.

Weve been through all this before.. Mk2 Ph2 "Its ugly" and then the 182 "that looks like a wheelbarrow" which then loads of people bought anyway.

Im sure there are more realistic pics in this thread but im not going through 19 pages to find them..

Glanza V
am not a fan of the front 1 bit and i think the 197 looks far meaner. but i shall just wait until they release it properly to debate weather its as bad as it looks from those pics. am sure afta a few people start posting pics of there fully loaded 200s iin the 'clio' section then i shall debate ova it then :) took me 6 month to like the 197 now i love it that much im gettin 1 soon haha

That comparison above looks to be a 200Cup. Black mirrors and fog blanks?

On balance, the more I see of this machine, the closer I am getting to retracting my previous statements. It looks 'gay' from the front. No nose. No attitude.

Glanza V
am not sure what renault are trying 2 achive with the styling of the front of this it just looks so cheap. plastics on a sport :S (apart from the cup of course) am jst not sure if this is just an overpriced 1.2 (looks wise) hopefully its very capable and matches the rest of the 'sport' range with the fun factor :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think the front end is more aggressive than current 197, the lights seem to soften the looks of the 197. If sum 1 puts a comparison up I think you'd agree.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Loving the new look the front end now makes the car look like it has purpose and the new exhaust and surrounds improve the rear no end with it glossed diffuser, always thought the 197's rear looked lacking as if they couldn't be bothered to finish it well I'm so glad I didn't rush off and buy a 197 when it came out hopefully they have given the interior a face lift aswell

Dont like that at all..
Nope i can safetly say that once the time comes to selling my clio
i wont be going back to any renault cars at all...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's not as good looking as the 197, which in turn is not as good looking as the 182 (especially the Trophy).
:eek:I'm no fan of the 197, but it's spot on in the looks department, probably the best looking hatch I've seen. I actually prefer the looks of the ph1 172 to the ph2 cars.

Renaultsport Clio 197
i've got a better one still...

can the new clio 200 HOVER in mid air? i don't think so

22082008363.jpg

can't get any meaner then this eh?