ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

Ian

Focus TDCi
Think they're gonna be very close if they're not the same. There's just more light on the Dieppe image, I think.
imagegallery01540x303_Gallery.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

Also, anyone else think that they've done the reverse of the mk2 facelift? The new grille looks like the old mk2 ph1 and the 197 grille looks like a mk2 ph2 to me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm only jesting Roy, ;) i love your tin o'beans really.

yeah to be fair, they do look quite similiar there. but the vid that was posted way back in this thread had alien green looking quite different. I want ot see some alien green photos of it in real life and not the RS ones on white backgrounds.

Lots of negative camber on that green one above?? Is that what the road cars look like or has that been set up for track??

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the vid it looks metallic. weird. the pics look much better:

renault-clio-renaultsport-200.jpg

renault-clio-renaultsport-200_2.jpg

renault-clio-renaultsport-200_1.jpg

Oh yeah I spy a cage and fancy wheel. Doh :eek:

Looking at that video I'm really not liking green with the new front end. It looks like Kermit TBH. Looks good on the racer up top though. Facelift fail afterall?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah I spay a cage and fancy wheel. Doh :eek:

Looking at that video I'm really not liking green with the new front end. It looks like Kermit TBH. Looks good on the racer up top though. Facelift fail afterall?

I too think the cup racer looks better, not really a fan of the front of the clio 200.

Lee

BMW M2C
The front just looks soft. It's lost the harsh lines between the headlights and bumper.

Would that look good in your rear view mirror?

renault-clio-renaultsport-200_9.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lee said:
The front just looks soft. It's lost the harsh lines between the headlights and bumper.

Would that look good in your rear view mirror?

No it really won't. Like I say I won't particularly hate it, but I'll prefer the 197. It does come across as a mk2 facelift in reverse. Although I really like the mk2 ph1, so I guess that's not strictly accurate.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Are there any images of the standard 1.2 facelift out yet (bar the GT)?

Thinking this 200 could stand out from the non RSs more than the mk2/mk3 ph1 did.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
IIRC weren't there loads of haters when the 197 came out? Critising the looks etc.

I love the look of the 200. Not sure if I'd get the LY or have the bottle to go for Alien Green.

Golf R/Leon FR
can someone ps the front end pic and colour code the black on the front bumper??

like the green from the factory pics, still hate the front end

Trophy #490
From the front, one of the ugliest cars of 2009 IMO. Green cannot even save it and make it look mean. The 197 is gorgeous from the front, I think it's one of the best looking hot hatches ever made actually. 100% a backward step in terms of looks, and if I had the choice between a 197 and this, I'd have the 197 every single time.

Lee

BMW M2C
You'd need some large cojones to order one in Alien though.

Anyone that does is a hero.

Without seeing one in the flesh it would be a costly risk to take.

I know it's taken a while for most Clio facelifts to grow on most of us, but I just can't see that front getting better in my eyes! I'd still have one though because I like new s**t. :D

172, Tiguan
I just can't see past the stupid plastic wavy spoiler. F1 technology my arse.

Rest of it looks OK. It suits the silver paint.

E87 118d M Sport
am i the only one who doesnt think the green is actually that nice on the photo of the car. looks nice in the marketing, but the photo of it on the road looks lighter..

Lee

BMW M2C
am i the only one who doesnt think the green is actually that nice on the photo of the car. looks nice in the marketing, but the photo of it on the road looks lighter..

It's probably like racing blue, which never looks right in photos.

I've been told the green is "very, very green" similar to that on the FRS.