ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO SPORT NEXT YEAR!!!!

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hey guys!
Im 18 and drivng a 2001 clio dynamique with modifications, did some quotes and by next august (2 years NCB) and ill be 19 i will finally be able to afford a 182 and the insurance :)!!! happy days! been quoted 1,500 carnt argue at that for a 19 year old to be in a 2.0 hot hatch :) just can not wait!! I will just need to learn to respect it and it will respect me, cos with most cars if you take the piss it will turn on you like a b**ch haha :p

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Unless the compensated price structure isn't enough to cover the losses of your demopgraphic and they have to increase premiums regardless of gender...

Despite charging the earth, ins companies don't really make that much money nowadays. The system is broken with whipcash and alike.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the 'clio sport' is only a 1.2/1.4 anyway so you should be fine on the insurance. The 1*2 are RenaultSport Clio's :p

Also whys this in the media section?! lol.

Megane r26
Was this quote obtained from a comparison site? If so I'd actually check it out as they often tend to work out more, I paid a grand at 21 with 3 years no claims an that was a few years ago an apparently premiums have increased since then!

mk 2 clio
The insurance changes are meant to be next month. A new law or something I've read on a news site that they can't discriminate. But apparently increasing women's by 25 percent and dropping men's by 10 percent. Weather it changes much for people in the country side with a few year NCD I dunno. But if its 10 percent it'll save me 320 quid If my doesn't drop so doesn't sound too bad. But weather it happens or not is a different story

Cup, Lude & Z
On Radio 1 yesterday lunch time they said that women's would increase and men's would have a slight decrease...but we all no insurance companies, so the prices will probably just increase across the board :dapprove:

Renault Clio MK4 RS
even though you could afford a 172/182 on insurance.. can you afford the running costs? service costs? repairs if the car breaks? thats where it gets tough :p

E46 M3, Clio 182
im 19 with a 182, i re-new my insuarnace in 2 days for £1000 fully comp. As Jordanb29 said the running cost isnt cheap, bare that in mind!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Running cost of a 1*2 is no worse than a 1.2 IMO.

Suppose if you drove it eco them you wouldnt notice any difference as the mpg is good on a 172/182.. But if you were to want to thrash it, im sure the fuel consumption would be quite different to a 1.2 getting thrashed? :p

Ibiza FR Edition
But you could buy a dog of a 1.2.
My 1.2 was, cost me over £1500 over 8000 miles getting various things fixed, 182 by comparison has cost me nothing over the same except for consumables. Although my 1.2 has done 15000 miles since without a problem, a lot of bad luck before I think!

RB 182
even though you could afford a 172/182 on insurance.. can you afford the running costs? service costs? repairs if the car breaks? thats where it gets tough :p

^ this.

expect £200 a month fuel. £20 a month tax. £x in services and repairs.

make sure you're financially secure, otherwise it'll be sat on your drive whilst you take the bus!

Clio 172
^ this.

make sure you're financially secure, otherwise it'll be sat on your drive whilst you take the bus!

So they could spend 200 a month on fuel, and yet do 1000 miles a month?

f**k me that's good

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just expect higher tax and insurance, mpg is the same as a 1.2 sometimes better, and serivicing really depends on whether you buy a lemon or not.

ST
I had a brand new 182 when I was 20, granted that was 7 years ago, I paid 1100£ with 2 years NCB when I was a student.. Prices have increased drastically since tho.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
^ this.

These aren't super cars, I swear some people here think these are the only cars that cost money to run.

As for £200 per month... Yeah I put £60 in the tank and pour £140 down the drain every month! :p

RB 182
So they could spend 200 a month on fuel, and yet do 1000 miles a month?

f**k me that's good

no but i was estimating that he wouldn't be doing 15 miles a week.

he's more likely to be spending £200 a month rather than £40.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yeah guys i know that its going to me more to run and service etc, my 1.2 is allready costing on avrage £120 a month on petrol and yeah ive got savings which are put away for rainy days, but i love my cars and its a passion so im willing to spend the extra on them :)!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i fill mine up twice to three times a month so i guess i spend around 150-170 a month on fuel, thats using shell v-power too ;)
i say go for it, although its a year away it will soon come round and all being well you can get on the insurance.

RB 182 FF
I don't understand people saying these cars are expensive to run and maintain....... I would say if you take into consideration how the car can perform if you really give it the beans then you will not find bigger bang for buck anywhere!!! I just completed a 4000 mile Euro road trip and averaged 39.8 mpg that included fast road, motorway, Stelvio pass (up an Alp and down the other side!) and 130 mph on the German Autobahn.

Before I went I had new brakes all round for £180 fitted, oil and filter change for £50 (top quality oil and genuine filter) and averaged 39.8 mpg. To me motoring doesn't get any cheaper than this considering the superb performance the 1*2's can provide! :D Insurance for youngsters is obviously an issue but that applies to every half decent car these days!!!

RB 182 FF
Yup its rather eye opening going from a Trophy to an M3/R32 lol. You can buy a new engine/box for a clio for <£400.

For an M3, x 10 lol

I came from an Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 so I also second this! Renaultsport Clio's are superb for fun and thrills in relation to cost! :D

172/vx220t/m135i
I agree renaultsport 1*2's are cheap to buy and to run considering the fun factor/ decent performance you get.

As the nice chap above will probably agree, Clio is peanuts to run, in comparison to his other toy. Much like mine lol.

Only difference in 1.2 and 2.0 in my opinion is tax and cambelt. Even insurance for me is the difference of a couple of hundred at most.

172/vx220t/m135i
As the nice chap above will probably agree, Clio is peanuts to run, in comparison to his other toy. Much like mine lol.

Only difference in 1.2 and 2.0 in my opinion is tax and cambelt. Even insurance for me is the difference of a couple of hundred at most.

Your not wrong there fella :)