ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica - Red

Hi, my name is Cory and I am here to share my project with you all.
I have been inspired by a lot of people on this website and I cannot wait to get to know you lot!

After a little disagreement with my car and barriers left me searching for another car I came across this Clio:

63,000 miles, 12 MOT and 6 Months tax for £700....

IMG_0147_1.jpg
IMG_0148_1.jpg

The only problem is the colour!
It's PINK.. ish :lolup:

My plans are to make it a RS Clio replica.
I know a lot of you on here do not like replicas, don't worry, I'm not going to put 2.0L bullets or sport!
I like the bumpers too and want them... :rasp:

After a day or two of searching the interweb I sourced myself a set of 172 bumpers and a cup spoiler.
So I returned like a kid with my new toys :D

IMG_0056_1.jpg

(Halfords colourmatch? ;))

Today I got them fitted and started flatting the car back ready for its new paint...

I know, I know... It needs alloy wheels, lowering and spacers :approve:
IMG_0061_1.jpg

IMG_0062_1.jpg

Any advice or comment welcome.
Cory.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good work! I would have personally painted the kit off the car so it all looks proper but if you're on a budget I understand.

It's not a budget project as such, the only thing I'm in short of is time :banghead:

I started this car today and it NEEDS to be out of the garage by Sunday so it's all hands on!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers, Everyone!
@Knuckles, your car in fact is one of my biggest inspirations!
That car looked absolutely lovely!

How much of a fiddle was it to get the bumper to fit the standard wings?

Ha cheers :) didn't realise people still know about it. It wasn't that bad just time consuming. I previously had no experience doing any kind of body work, I'll try and find some pictures for you

a28952cc.jpg

4060ec82.jpg

45dbfc37.jpg

57d232c1.jpg

c9e13ba8.jpg

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
He did it like the guide showed.

Where as I stupidly cut the clips off, bolted the bumper to the wings, filled the gap so it looked proper.... And now I cant take the bumper off lol

Got the car flatted back today and masked up ready for its paint.

Still needs some more work before being painted though.
Please bare with me when it comes to the pictures, I'm limited with room and I'm taking them with an iPad.

IMG_0066_1.jpg

IMG_0067_1.jpg

IMG_0068_1.jpg

IMG_0069_1.jpg

IMG_0070_1.jpg

IMG_0071_1.jpg

That's it for today.
On track for painting it on Sunday! :D

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, you gonna spray it all the original red?

If I had the opportunity to spray a Clio, I'd go for something non-standard like Technical or Dolphin Grey or something along those lines, but I guess part of making a replica is blending in, so no-one really knows it's a rep.

182 FF RB ;)
Only some, we made brackets for the bumper and the top of the wings and also for the headlights, it's worth it if you like the ph1 172 front end and have a spare day to do it in, I even installed headlight washers for those HID's too ッ if your interested I can send some picks of the brackets we made =]

That replica above looks nice mate.

To answer the questions I stayed red. The paint code is c70.
It looks really nice, bright red!

I will post some pictures later on tonight when I'm at my PC.

i need alloys now, anyone know for a set of turinis?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Nice start, cant wait to see it all laquered up! Got some side skirts if you want mate, in 676 Pearl Black. PM if interested.

Here's an update over the last two days, I was too tired to do a write up when I got home yesterday.

Yesterday:
We had to build a booth so the over-spray didn't go everywhere!
It was built made from a wooden frame and polythene sheets.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Day finished, ready to flat the primer back and paint tomorrow. :approve:

Today:
We got the primer flatted back and sprayed it!

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Tomorrows to do list:

Build the car back up :D
Polish the paint, hopefully it will have dried properly.

I need alloys and lowering now :banghead:

Renault Clio182 bean
Looking good, will be keeping an eye on this, what sort of price are you looking at for the re-spray if you don't mine me asking? :)

Looking good, will be keeping an eye on this, what sort of price are you looking at for the re-spray if you don't mine me asking? :)

I know a guy who works at an automotive parts store so all in it has cost around £60 for the entire job incl sand paper etc.
So not bad really, looks better than the faded pink it was before.

Renault Clio182 bean
I know a guy who works at an automotive parts store so all in it has cost around £60 for the entire job incl sand paper etc.
So not bad really, looks better than the faded pink it was before.

That's a very good price, cant wait to see the finished car :)