ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy 147/500 Battle Hardened Edition!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I like that a lot, really like the wheels something different!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm not a fan.

So you removed the Sachs? Wow, brave. The newer H&R's are not for me i'm afraid, they changed something since the 172 fitment ones first arrived and ruined them for road use. I'd have kept the Sachs on and gone with custom springs.

The wheels look horrendous (as do the studs) and make the brakes look puny, never really liked drawing attention to a single pot bog standard calliper by painting it red.

The addition of xenons is a nice touch (They look like 182 ones so more points there), not sure how that will fayre come MOT time but i guess thats not a big deal.

Other than that what makes it battle hardened? The illegal plate?

PB172
I'm not a fan.

So you removed the Sachs? Wow, brave. The newer H&R's are not for me i'm afraid, they changed something since the 172 fitment ones first arrived and ruined them for road use. I'd have kept the Sachs on and gone with custom springs.

The wheels look horrendous (as do the studs) and make the brakes look puny, never really liked drawing attention to a single pot bog standard calliper by painting it red.

The addition of xenons is a nice touch (They look like 182 ones so more points there), not sure how that will fayre come MOT time but i guess thats not a big deal.

This.

Looks clean as though. I'd say stay clear of the CF too...

RS2'd Trophy
I'm not a fan.

Suspension is a very personal thing and I have said above. I still have the Sachs suspension with the MF setup and dampers so if I ever sell the car it will have the MF + BG rebuilt dampers. I also have changed the spring setup on the damper so it isnt the standard unit!

The calipers are red because I personally like them red. I am currently in talks with someone about having some alcon calipers and 325mm discs fitted.

The wheels I think look great! a classic rally wheel! far lighter and stronger than a turini!(each to there own I guess) The studs are being changed and again they were a quick fix as I run extended studs for ease of wheel changing and spacer choice.

They are streamline carbon plates, I do hope that you comment like this when people have 3/4 plates!!!

I personally think it looks alot harder with it having the black compomotive wheels over the BBS's I had previously fitted. Hence the title. I dont know what I have done to upset you and Im sure your a trophy purist but im not, its my car, my choices and ultimately my thread. Please if I have upset you PM me, other than that thankyou for abusing what I have done in public!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You haven't upset me. Just telling you what I think. And yes I do comment when people use 3/4 plates.

That's how forums work. You do something you like, not everyone agrees. Its not abuse, its an opinion dear boy, sure i could dress it up and put it in a box for you but then it wouldn't really be my opinion any more.

RS2'd Trophy
You haven't upset me. Just telling you what I think. And yes I do comment when people use 3/4 plates.

That's how forums work. You do something you like, not everyone agrees. Its not abuse, its an opinion dear boy, sure i could dress it up and put it in a box for you but then it wouldn't really be my opinion any more.

Thnkyou for your honestly.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No worries, its nice that you enjoy your motor and have made it your own. Be a bit more interesting if more people did that.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Love this A++++++++++

And fullest respect for being different, top man!!!!