ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy 147/500 Battle Hardened Edition!

RS2'd Trophy
As some of you know I have fitted my new wheels, SD Cage and adjusted the H+R's Height. The wheels are Compomotive MO6's in 16x7.

I think I have got it looking about bang on bar a few small things like painting the RS grilles and Mirror baseplates gloss black and covering everything in real carbon.

I am cracking on with tidying up the bay next week painting a few things up as I have the dreaded oil leak from the rocker cover bolt and I'd like to sort that ASAP!

Comments Please :D

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02745.jpg

DSC02744.jpg

James

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Oh!! Didnt realise you could get MO6's in Clio fitment?

Would have had some years ago if that were the case lol ...

Looks great, although seriously, put normal wheel bolts back on, those stud things look horrific :(

RS2'd Trophy
They arent clio fitment ;) there vauxhall fitment with the centrebore expanded.

I am waiting on a set of rays red nuts coming, should be here wednesday hopefully.

Oh!! Didnt realise you could get MO6's in Clio fitment?

Would have had some years ago if that were the case lol ...

Looks great, although seriously, put normal wheel bolts back on, those stud things look horrific :(

RS6 C7
I think im in love! The ONLY wheel i have ever seen that looks good bar the usual, turinis, cup wheel, ozs etc, Looks sooo good!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Mate I've just made a mess that is the best trophy I've ever seen, absolutely love it!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks good, but christ what have you done to the pics? I need some sunglasses after looking at them!

Abarth 500 Esseesse
That looks stunning! How many times have you been arrested by the Trophy Police though for doing away with the original suspension? :rasp:

RS2'd Trophy
You have :D although I have altered a few things. They now have 500ft/lb faulkner springs, and different rear shocks.

I agree the road ride slow + fast bump is far superior with the sachs, but these are a brilliant compromise if you want the looks and with the different spring and rear damper setup the setup I feel is greatly improved over the standard H+R setup! I run these with AST top mounts set to max caster and camber bolts at -2'.

The main thing over the sachs for me is the initial roll. I really feel unconfident when turning in and cornering hard when there is lots of body roll. With this setup the roll is far less without making it awkward to drive fast! It still brings a smile to my face on a good B road as did the Sachs (I still have some pretty much newly rebuilt ones here just in case ;)!

Granted the trophy sachs maybe quicker but I prefer a suspension setup that is suited to my style of driving and if im honest im not the next Sebastian Loeb so they tick all my boxes, brilliant build, ride and handing.

Thankyou for all the kind comments everyone. I am really happy with it now and looking forward to going to some meets in the new year!

James

I disagree, & iirc ive driven on this particular set of H&Rs lol ... Sachs is a better road setup, in fact theyre simply superb, hence why i still have mine :)

Driving > looks

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You have :D although I have altered a few things. They now have 500ft/lb faulkner springs, and different rear shocks.

I agree the road ride slow + fast bump is far superior with the sachs, but these are a brilliant compromise if you want the looks and with the different spring and rear damper setup the setup I feel is greatly improved over the standard H+R setup! I run these with AST top mounts set to max caster and camber bolts at -2'.

The main thing over the sachs for me is the initial roll. I really feel unconfident when turning in and cornering hard when there is lots of body roll. With this setup the roll is far less without making it awkward to drive fast! It still brings a smile to my face on a good B road as did the Sachs (I still have some pretty much newly rebuilt ones here just in case ;)!

Granted the trophy sachs maybe quicker but I prefer a suspension setup that is suited to my style of driving and if im honest im not the next Sebastian Loeb so they tick all my boxes, brilliant build, ride and handing.

Thankyou for all the kind comments everyone. I am really happy with it now and looking forward to going to some meets in the new year!

James

I remember taking you out on my standard cup suspension and you being impressed with it compared to your H&R's ;) Sachs FTW not the stance

RS2'd Trophy
I remember taking you out on my standard cup suspension and you being impressed with it compared to your H&R's ;) Sachs FTW not the stance

That was down to your 'hero driving' Eibachs and a shiny sway bar you had fitted ;) with my sachs that would have been a weapon!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That was down to your 'hero driving' Eibachs and a shiny sway bar you had fitted ;) with my sachs that would have been a weapon!

Haha true, I remember my trophy very well, with sachs, eibachs and ARB you will not get caught off anyone on a B road, unless theyre in a caterham/elise etc lol

PB Clio 172
I have to say even though your car is different it doesn't do it for me ! :dapprove:

each to their own though buddy ! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like it I just don't love it. I don't like the idea of removing the Sach dampers they are what the Trophy is imo.

RB One Eight Two
I really can't make my mind up with this one, it just doesn't look like a Trophy...

Fair play for being different though.