ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy #404
I'm looking at buying this car and wanted to check here before in case anyone can spot something I haven't or can think of some more questions I should ask other than what is stated in the advertisement.
The belts were apparently done last year by the previous owner who was a Renault engineer.

Thanks,
STRBramley

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Maybe worth trying to get in touch with previous owner and asking him if he did do the belts.

No splitter as said so maybe haggle the cost of replacing that off the price.

Front tyres look different from the rears.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 cup
If it was me I would want a receipt of the belts being done. Might be just me being untrusting, but no receipt I would treat it as it hasn't been done, I wouldn't take someone's word.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
As said no mention of belts or damper refurb-

needs exhaust mounts as well ( as usual )

Interior very dirty- they could have cleaned it....
EDIT-

Its hard to trust a dealer saying belts were done by a previous owner- unless as a minimum there was a receipt for all the parts-
No receipt = no belts-

Also you have no idea whether the aux belt kit was done - 80 k = 2 aux belt changes....

S

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RX7 FD
A quick look on ClioTrophy shows that No. 246 has never been registered on the website so there is no history there.

As said, no receipts no go!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lotus Elise
no mention of cambelt and only says 'service history' so that will be pretty minimal then. Doesn't pass the tyre test either

I just looked at the price, s**t me that is expensive!

Last edited:

keo

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio Trophy
Thinking of selling my Trophy next month, ots done 50k dampers refurbed last year, pro speed exhaust, aux belt this year, cambelt about 15k miles ago iirc i will need to check. If you would be interested?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy #404
Thinking of selling my Trophy next month, ots done 50k dampers refurbed last year, pro speed exhaust, aux belt this year, cambelt about 15k miles ago iirc i will need to check. If you would be interested?

How much you thinking?

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
I personally think most are under priced when you consider the extras they come with...

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
With no proof of belts or dampers that's about 1500 over market value IMO at a minimum. Far better has sold on the forum for considerably less for that in the past 3 months.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Trophy #491
Could be worth the money if the body is in good shape. Does seem very expensive though

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy #404
Only issue I can see is the steering wheel needs a refurb, but that's nothing new.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Trophy #491
I dont think its massivly over priced. I've seen T's go for over 5k with work that needs doing.

To pay over 5.5K I would expect it to be mint with that amount of miles though

Nik

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, massively overpriced. I paid £3200 for mine with same mileage a couple of months ago, and dampers and belts had been done.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've driven the Trophy advertised, good condition but the brakes don't work and it's overpriced. It's for sale on behalf of a friend of the dealerships owner.

Yep, massively overpriced. I paid £3200 for mine with same mileage a couple of months ago, and dampers and belts had been done.

for real? that's insane...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FRS
Let me tip you off, i know where a trophy was traded in with 50k for £2200! Coming up for sale honda inverness :)