ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO TT - new bhp figure

Ex Ph-Quick

Fu#k me thats got to be fast

it that the fastest clio about?

[Edited by Eskiisbest on 16 March 2005 at 9:36am]

Renault Sport clio 1

Roll cage comes to mind!

And light smoke tints all round so they see its been stripped out!

Lee

BMW M2C

Matt, I know its fair old trip for you, but were at Pod Sunday. Come and prove the monster at the home of British drag racing. :D

MKIII 138

you will still struggle with decent scoobs and evos as its more than just straight line power.. on the tight turns in this countries damp conditions on potholed b roads pulling 90mph around sweeping bends the tiny clio would struggle unless it had proper sorted suspension setup even then the AWD and rally diffs of these cars would make it difficult.

what suspension layout is it ? out of interest ?

[Edited by meggerman on 16 March 2005 at 10:27am]

lol, its still looks kindof beasty from the front with the intercooler, bonnet locks and bonnet scoop. Maybe its just because we know what engines in it :)

Top job mate, must be absolutely rapid

i think washer leds are needed also furry dice atc etc and a big sunstrip sayint kevin and tracy on it :D just so it looks totally crap so people try it on :p

The best thing about it is the look. Can just picture the faces when your gone from the lights!!

Well that and the fact its pushing nearly 300bhp!!!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Lee - keep an eye out for me on Sunday mate, Im gonna be running most of the day. My mate will be driving my car too.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 16 March 2005

you will still struggle with decent scoobs and evos as its more than just straight line power.. on the tight turns in this countries damp conditions on potholed b roads pulling 90mph around sweeping bends the tiny clio would struggle unless it had proper sorted suspension setup even then the AWD and rally diffs of these cars would make it difficult.

A test drive in the car will totally change your mind - i have absolutely destroyed proven 300 bhp subarus from my neck of the woods easily. When we pulled over i had to ask the guy if he was trying to race me or just taking it easy - he said he had his foot flat to the floor. The car has been built with straight line dragging in mind. Not twisties and turnies

Its now fitted with Koni adjustable coilovers - 172 cup brakes & calipers + frt and rr strut braces + 205/50/15 yokos - the handling is outstanding.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 16 March 2005
Lee - keep an eye out for me on Sunday mate, Im gonna be running most of the day. My mate will be driving my car too.

Im sure youll recognise me. I know what you look like anyway.

Ill have the dirtiest car there unless I can be arsed to wash it tonight. (unlikely)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Ben - meant what cars Lee got so I can look out for him at Santa Pod Sunday.

Its beaming sunshine here in London - praying its like that Sunday oop north.

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 16 March 2005

Ben - meant what cars Lee got so I can look out for him at Santa Pod Sunday.

Its beaming sunshine here in London - praying its like that Sunday oop north.
Thats what you get for not reading the whole thread ;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 16 March 2005

whats it like gettin the power down?

Its ok providing you dont hit the accelerator at full wack, if you slowly apply it you can tell its gripping and if it starts to slip, you let off a little. Once it hits 60 / 70 mph traction is fine. I had a blast with an STi subaru on sunday and believe it or not we were more or less neck and neck on set off - at 70mph he was left for dead !!! . An LSD is being fitted shortly and possibly a 4 x 4 conversion at the end of the year ? using the 4 X 4 Audi TT gearbox, a Scenic RX4 prop and rear axle.

Remember the audi lump is a pretty heavy unit so it pushes the front end of the car down very well. Traction is a problem though !!

[Edited by j3ned on 16 March 2005 at 11:25am]

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 16 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 16 March 2005

A test drive in the car will totally change your mind - i have absolutely destroyed proven 300 bhp subarus from my neck of the woods easily. When we pulled over i had to ask the guy if he was trying to race me or just taking it easy - he said he had his foot flat to the floor. The car has been built with straight line dragging in mind. Not twisties and turnies

Its now fitted with Koni adjustable coilovers - 172 cup brakes & calipers + frt and rr strut braces + 205/50/15 yokos - the handling is outstanding.

cool ! impressed then. ive recently seen a STI PPP 300hp at full chat and it was a very fast car however i fully belive you about handling belive it or not i saw it get a bit rough around the edges when i was pushing it on some tight corners it seemed to roll a bit then the back would lift and it seemed to slide at little where as my 172 on Koni Adjustables (which i admit i was close to the limit) was taking corners at the same speed if not a bit faster unfortuantley the straights i was left for dust. i bet i was putting tonnes more effort into driving though while the scoobs computers/diffs were doing all the graft.

((btw he was really arogant doing i 3,2,1 countdown with his fingers i would have loved 300bhp per tonne at that point LOL ... need a turbo godamit)

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 16 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 16 March 2005

whats it like gettin the power down?

Its ok providing you dont hit the accelerator at full wack, if you slowly apply it you can tell its gripping and if it starts to slip, you let off a little. Once it hits 60 / 70 mph traction is fine. I had a blast with an STi subaru on sunday and believe it or not we were more or less neck and neck on set off - at 70mph he was left for dead !!! . An LSD is being fitted shortly and possibly a 4 x 4 conversion at the end of the year ? using the 4 X 4 Audi TT gearbox, a Scenic RX4 prop and rear axle.

Remember the audi lump is a pretty heavy unit so it pushes the front end of the car down very well. Traction is a problem though !!

[Edited by j3ned on 16 March 2005 at 11:25am]
That thing sounds scary! ...... and awesome!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

hahaha 3,2,1 with fingers - that sounds so funny
I have the feeling he was dressed like the bad guy out of Dodge ball :D Great stuff!

[Edited by Thomss on 3/16/2005 12:01:04 PM]:D